Calling PCOS sufferers

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Calling PCOS sufferers

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  KimG 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi,

Im new here and after some success stories really, im 5ft 1 in and not hugely over weight but need to lose a stone for various reasons.
    I suffer from PCOS and really want to reduce symptoms. I was wondering if anyone else has had success with this WOE and had PCOS and lost weight?
    Did you symptoms improve?

Thanks

Bunny

I’m very curious to hear the response to this question too.

I don’t want to be an alarmist, but I had PCOS and didn’t know it in my 30’s, around 38 I think, and had to be rushed to
    the Emergency room when a cyst ballooned up and began twisting, cutting off my circulation. My pulse faded to something very faint. Immediate surgery saved me, (removing an ovary). I was later told to cut way down on sugar, but I’m still
    pretty much a sugar addict, craving it but restraining myself as much as I can.
    I have the impression healthy diet can help a lot. I was not over weight at the time.

I have been pretty much sugar (fructose) free for about 3 years since reading Sweet Poison. We have diabetes in our family as well as heart disease, stroke and all types of cancer so diet is a pretty big deal for me. I have PCOS but thankfully I’ve never had serious issues other than a couple of ruptured cysts which have not caused long term problems. I ‘think’ cutting the sugar has made a difference to my symptoms but as I get older it is a bit confusing as to what is PCOS and what is impending menopause (I’m 43). I’m hoping that by combining the benefits of sugar free eating with the 5:2 I will see improvements.

mulville, have you been doing 5:2 for long? Have you seen any changes?

I’ve only done one fast day so far, 2nd one is tomorrow so I will be a while before I can come to a verdict 🙂

Hi KimG
    It sounds like you are doing the right things with fructose free and trying 5:2. I have been fructose free at various times,
    but unfortunately fall off the wagon. I’ve been doing 5:2 for almost 4 months and had blood test about a month ago.
    Glucose, cholesterol, thyroid, etc. were all in a good range. Not so good before starting 5:2. My weight has been stable since I started, before I would gain slowly but surely to about 20-30 or more lbs. over my goal;130 which I’m slowly
    approaching, But for me not regaining is a first, I’m very happy about that. and I feel very well over all.

Those results are fantastic for only 3 months of 5:2. I hope it continues to work for you 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.