Caffeine

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  phayes 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Is it ok to drink black coffee on fast days?
    Can sweetener be used?

Welcome bagellis, yes you can have both. This diet is ultimately about calorie restriction on FD. However maybe you want to read up a bit on sweeteners as there are some controversial studies and claims out there. Good luck with the diet.

The book says there’s no reason to avoid black coffee during fasts and both authors have it during their own fast days.

500 – 600 calories are yours to use anyway you like.
    Personally I avoid caffeine due to it making me jittery, But I do drink green tea with lemon and stevia. I don’t feel as jittery with green tea.

One strategy I have is if I’ve stopped fasting for more than a week. My first fast day is typically liquids.
    I like to get one of the meal replacement drinks that have all vitamins and minerals in it . With the chocolate flavored. And make a mix with a bit of milk and instant coffee. So it’s basically a Choffee that keep adding ice too. I personally make it bitter more than sweet.
    I tried to use only that last year for a short period . My journal entries were indicating that I was going over the TDEE or felt hungry following a fast day no matter how much I ate. Making adf feel harder than iusing other whole foods on fast days So I only use the liquid days to begin nowas I can count on it every time. I just started using more fiber foods for breakfast when I break my fasts on feed days.

Hi Bagellis,

I switched to Espresso from cappuccino’s when I started 5:2 dieting this time last year.
    What I found is that I started also drinking lots of sparkling mineral water to keep my palette clear.

I would steer clear of any sweeteners on fast days- when ever I have had small amounts of sweet stuff during the day I end up screwing with my fast day and having to do it again later in the week.

Philip

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.