Body Fat Not Budging?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Eowyn 3066 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hello! Just a quick question about my body fat measurement. I started 5:2 on May 27 with 33.4% body fat (as per my Weight Watchers body fat scale). The good news is the pounds and inches are starting to drop (around 5lbs and 3 inches around my waist). I’m so encouraged by this but am wondering, if this approach helps decrease visceral fat, why my body fat measurement has only dropped to 33.2%? Should I expect a bigger drop? And if the body fat isn’t dropping, should I be concerned that I’m losing muscle etc. and not fat?

I will be starting to incorporate more exercise & strength training in the coming weeks but just wanted to know what others have experienced with this and what I should expect… thanks!

Give it a bit more time, Coolmazzy – You’re doing great so just keep going as you have been since 27 May. Best wishes to you for much success and enjoyment of your new approach.

I’m new to this 5:2 diet, so I was wondering if the two days of fasting (Mon & Thurs) in my case, puts my body into ‘fat storage mode’?

If you look at the medical literature, bioelectric impedance is not well validated for measuring changes in body fat. If you’re losing inches, you’re on the right track.

Hello Tadlad25, Presumably you have your answer if you’ve stuck with 5:2. There is no evidence that Intermittent Fasting slows your metabolism. Not 5:2 or 4:3 or 2 days in a row.

Only just seen this comment – I’d be very wary of fat monitor scales, they rely on sending a small current through your body. Most “domestic” scales only have enough power to send the current to the top of your legs! The most effective way to measure body fat is with water displacement (not something most of us have access to), or if you are a member of a gym some of them have the monitor where they place electrodes on between 4 & 6 parts of your body, which gives a more accurate result than scales.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.