blood sugar diet

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  maxie777 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• hi i started the diet on monday and am currently on the 800 cls a day but have cut all carbs out of my diet is this the right thing to do
    measured myself and by weds have lost few inches from waist and boobs which is brill but only seen a pound come off on the scales am i doing something wrong

Hi, I am doing a trial of the BSD as I hit a stall on ADF (alternate day fasting, or every other day fasting) and started on Monday too, there are other people on the March challenge doing it as well. There is also separate website for it with its own forum. Losing a lb already sounds quite good to me. You don’t cut out all carbs, that in veg and less sugary fruit is ok. Pulses are fine. I am vegetarian so I rely on those for protein as I don’t eat eggs either altough I do eat some cheese. Brown rice is acceptable too but not brown bread. Oats are ok too. I am not planning on weighing myself until the end of the month so I don’t know how well it is going from that perspective yet but I am finding it very easy to stick to. I don’t eat until 3ish and then have a small meal then another at about 7 maximising the length of time spent fully fasting.

hi fatrabbit
    thanks for info i am only cutting out bread potatoes rice and pasta eating lots of protein and veg struggling abit with breakfasts cos dont always fancy eggs but my body doesnt like carbs
    hope you do well also , perhaps we can support each other , some people seem concerned that doing 800 cls a day for 8 wks is not enough calories , i am hoping to lose 3 stone cos hate the way my body looks all my fat is round my tummy , be interested in the other forum could u point me the right way or send a link .

I was a bit concerned about the low number of calories but perhaps as long as you make sure all the calories are valuable ones and get sufficient nutrients e mode doesn’t happen. I am not committing to a full 8 weeks anyway, I just want off the plateau I was on for most of March. But having been really demotivated by the plateau I can see why MM says it is better to lose the weight fast. I have no trouble dealing with hunger while I am seeing results but carrying on with no loss was soul destroying. I started with about 100 llbs to lose. At the end of this month I am hoping that will be down to 60. I started in November. There is still a long way to go and I need to stay the course.

The other website is just http://www.bloodsugardiet.com I think. I had a look but have grown quite attached to this forum and the challenge threads in particular.

Have you tried not eating breakfast? I find it just makes me hungrier for the rest of the day. All the research done saying it is important was done by cereal companies and can be discounted. I find larger meals later are far more satisfying. And there are so many other benefits to be had from fasting that the longer you do it the better.

I was a bit concerned about the low number of calories but perhaps as long as you make sure all the calories are valuable ones and get sufficient nutrients e mode doesn’t happen. I am not committing to a full 8 weeks anyway, I just want off the plateau I was on for most of March. But having been really demotivated by the plateau I can see why MM says it is better to lose the weight fast. I have no trouble dealing with hunger while I am seeing results but carrying on with no loss was soul destroying. I started with about 100 llbs to lose. At the end of this month I am hoping that will be down to 60. I started in November. There is still a long way to go and I need to stay the course.

The other website is just bloodsugardiet.com I think. I had a look but have grown quite attached to this forum and the challenge threads in particular. For some reason my post wouldn’t appear with that link done properly. Bizarre with the same site owner!

Have you tried not eating breakfast? I find it just makes me hungrier for the rest of the day. All the research done saying it is important was done by cereal companies and can be discounted. I find larger meals later are far more satisfying. And there are so many other benefits to be had from fasting that the longer you do it the better.

I find having breakfast ok but am struggling with ideas other then eggs have honestly found iv not been hungry iv not been weighing stuff so much just put it all into my fitness pal but it keeps saying I’m not having enough calories when I try and complete on there,
    I have always failed on diets so am gonna give this my best shot

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.