Been 3 weeks and I'm gaining not loosing! Help!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Been 3 weeks and I'm gaining not loosing! Help!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  carolynbonanno 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi. I’ve been doing the 5:2 plan now for three weeks now. Actually enjoying it. It does get easier in my fasting days. But I’ve weighed today and I have gained weight again (gained 1lb last week!) I am eating relatively sensible I between my fast days and religiously follow my 500 plan on my fast days (breakfast then meal at eve nothing in between). I run 2-3 times a week. So WHAT am I doing wrong? Someone please help. You experienced fasters must have an idea what I’m doing wrong here?? 🙁

Were you running before you started fasting? The fasting apparently helps to convert your body fat into lean muscle, so if you start exercising at the same time you start 5:2 then you’re probably replacing fat with muscle and it weighs more so it won’t look good on the scales.

Did you take your measurements when you started 5:2? If so, check them, you may find your shape is improving. If not, grab your tightest pair of trousers (or whatever) and see if they feel any looser.

Don’t fret, you are doing it right, you just need to let your body get into the new regime.

Yes I have been running for a while now -over 12 months so it’s not that. Just really disheartening to see them scales and I didn’t measure myself – should of I know 🙁
    Got a friend on a “group slimming” diet and she’s loosing loads but I don’t agree with there way of eating etc. So I chose the 5:2. Hopefully the results will show themselves soon 🙂
    guess I need to stick too it.
    Thanks for the help

@midwalesrunnet
    ” I’ve been doing the 5:2 plan now for three weeks now. Actually enjoying it. ”

Now that you enjoy it, stay with it and results will appear shortly, even though you’ll fluctuate.

” I run 2-3 times a week. ”

Fast on your non running days, and consider strength training for short periods to stir up your metabolism.

You don’t mention what your target goal is nor where you are at so far to be able to give more specific feedback.

Oddly, I similarly noticed that, in the early days at least, I seemed to put weight on every day that I went to the gym (over and above the regular fluctuations that go with not eating much twice a week). Even if I ate quite light meals on those days, as sometimes happened. I wasn’t going often enough to find out whether it might have become an overall gain, but it definitely seemed to be consistent – and it puzzled the heck out of me. Whatever, and whilst I still go at least as regularly, it’s no longer happening. If you’re enjoying, it, it shouldn’t be any hassle to give it time – as others have said, I have little doubt you’ll start to see results.

Interesting terminology being used, “eat sensibly”, “quite light meals” etc. If you are not measuring and count calories, then your not sure how much you are eating. The reality of actually tracking what you eat sometimes is stunning. The mathematics of weight lose are quite simple. 3500 calories equals a lbs. If you reduce your intake below your calorie requirements by 3500 calories you will lose a pound. It may take a while for it to show, but show it will. Over time to lose 10 lbs you must reduce your calories by 35,000. Many people grossly under estimate their caloric intake and are thereby surprised when they do not lose weight. If you are tracking everything, give it some time. Rome was not built in a day and you did not gain the weight you want to lose overnight.

I just started today is my 4 th fast day. I am disheartened though the more I get into it. I was hoping for a way of eating that let me not have to think about or worry about what I ate on my feed days. I have gained weight. I exercise regularly. I was A weight watcher fan but got tired of the food dowries etc. too much guilt. Looks like I don’t have that luxury. I promised myself a month on this and will stick for the month. Today feeling down and disgouraged

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.