Back on track!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  UpTipp 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I first started the 5:2 in 2013 when I weighed 10 stone 10. I lost weight over the next few months to get to my target weight, and for the next couple of years kept everything stable – didn’t need to keep fasting, just ate sensibly. Then over the last year and a quarter I have been doing a new job which involves loads of travel and work dinners. This has been disasterous for my weight – I watched all the lovely clothes I bought for the new job get progressively tighter until I no longer tried them on and just bought new ones, which I hate because my choice was limited and I don’t feel nice in them. I also stopped getting my hair cut or coloured, filing my nails and doing any self care beyond simple hygiene.

3 weeks ago I decided that this had to stop. I coaxed myself back on the scales – 11st 1lb. I know this weight isn’t disastrous, but for me it is more than I am comfortable with, and I have a small frame so it really shows if I am above 10st 4 or so. 9st 4 is where I am happiest. In 3 weeks of doing 4:3 (as I really need to start fitting back in my clothes) I have lost 7lbs and feel much better. I have cut and coloured my hair (hate the haircut but the colour is good!). I need to lose another 10lbs before my nice work clothes will fit properly, but it is a good start, and I am so relieved to be back in the zone!

Anyway, just thought I’d share my experience with 5:2 and say hi from France!

xsam2bex

Hi – welcome back!
    I do lots of travelling as well (work related mostly). What works for me is to maintain 1-2 fast days a week, even when travelling. Couple of boiled eggs for breakfast/lunch & a salad in the evening normally fit the bill. Wine/alcohol consumption almost always increases when I’m travelling but if I get my FDs in I’m usually good. I also try to hit the gym, or at least put in some good walks, to stay active (never been an issue in France when I’ve visited).
    Cheers

Thanks! I find it really hard to be disciplined when travelling – for example being offered food on planes – although I have got better at refusing this. Then we have a lot of business dinners – this week my usual fasting day is on a business dinner day, so I either have to do 2 days in a row or fast at the weekend, which I was hoping not to do this week. At first I did use hotel gyms then damaged my Achilles. Hopefully it is better now, and I am going to try to get on the running machine again today!

I think the main problem has been that life was so hectic that I just forgot to take care of myself and didn’t want to bother being disciplined, but I am determined to change that!

Hi Sam2bsvelte, congratulations on committing to the FD again. I also successfully lost weight and kept off for almost 2 years but now am close to my heaviest again at 144lbs. My goal is 125. I haven’t started yet and I know it sounds pathetic but i don’t know where to start I am in a new high pressure job with a 3hour daily commute and small kids, I’m worried that fasting will impair my concentration but I have to get back on course.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.