Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,351 through 13,400 (of 14,786 total)

• Thanks Doggy,
    It’s beautiful here and I am trying the language but being an older person find it a bit harder than when I was at school.😉

Lol Gypsy…..love your attitude 👌🏼

Hi all!
    Jade I’ll alert all drivers in the south that it’s safe to stay on the roads after all 😉👍 Sorry for lowering the tone with the poop emoji, but that’s what life felt like at the time 😉😡
    Doggy, good to hear from you again. We all get derailed from time to time, but we also know we can hop on the train again and that a break from this wol is just that, not a fail. So take heart, we’re in this together! 💪💞
    Gyps, I’m just catching up on the news from Canada….it’s unbelievably devastating! You’re right about SJ’s OH’s painting and it really brings it home to us how fragile our beautiful world is. I hope all casualties, human or animal, are kept to a minimum.
    SJ, please check in and let us know you’re ok 💕 I know Canada is vast but we still worry 😟
    Cookie, how are doing? Are you fasting today? Best of luck! 👍💪😃
    CG, I’m glad you’re keeping safe and dry in your changeable weather. It’s a bit like Ireland at the moment. We had four seasons in the one day yesterday. It’s dull this morning but brightening up as the day goes on and the forecast says we’ll get 20 degrees later….yippee! I’m fasting too, so being out and about in fine weather will keep me positive and distracted! 💪👍😃

Hi Fit, good luck with fasting YOU CAN DO IT mine has gone well today, as I’m sure yours will. Think of the big picture, every single fast does make a difference😉 Enjoy a beautiful day 💕xxxx

Hey Fit & everyone,
    I am fasting and it’s going well 👍🏼I even went to the gym and smashed my workout. Preparing and prepping are really helping….only used 197 so far, normally I’ve used them all and end up hungry…..
    Thanks guys I hope your day has been going well too😉
    Cookie

Morning all – just dropping by for a quick hi and thanks for the love♥️All is well here at camp precarious. SJ I do hope you’re felling better, please avoid the fire in Canada (I read that the colder weather is helping contain it, but still, awful loss to wildlife…Gyps you do feel it, don’t you💕x). Stay strong Fit, I’m right behind you!!🏇Kicking triglycerides to the curb. Well done CG, thanks for blazing the trail⚔ you are an inspiration! Dawg, we’re all in this together, your mojo will return.💪I have a slow mojo too 🐢 but it’s in there somewhere. All right then I’m off to the races🏇flinging hugs to the sisterhood💓xxx

Thanks CG, I’m really getting into the habit of not even thinking about food until my one meal of the evening and it doesn’t bother me in the slightest now that I’ve adopted that mindset…..incredible! I never thought I’d hear myself say that! 🙂
    Well done Cookie, you’re playing a blinder! 👍💪
    Jade, I think the horse will have plenty of go left at this rate….so far so good, let’s hope pride doesn’t go before a fall! 🐎📉⁉️♿️

Hi gang yes I’m very safe in the USA in San Francisco California. Plans to go to Canada for 3 weeks in 16 days or so. Depends on my knee if we go or not or change our plans. See in a week how I’m traveling. Improving every day but slow and amount I csn walk is limited comlared to the walks we had planned.
    Love to all suejen xxxx

SJ, phew! Good to hear you’re safe! I hope your knee keeps improving so that you can get the best out of your holiday plans. Take care 💕💞

Good morning team.Well it is back to normality and 5:2 for me after a 2mth of feasting and birthday celebrations. I am now officially a SENIOR….My seniors card arrived yesterday.
    Had a wonderful time in PORT DOUGLAS. My OH gave me the most wonderful time with a helicopter flight, deep sea fishing off the barrier reef where we caught a red empour and 3 coral trouts.Managed to have a look around PALM COVE as we were taken to the airport on Friday….very beautiful and tropical.We ate and drank at many great resturants ..its a foodies haven, the markets in PD are amazing….I found my black pearls…which was a bonus. The humidity was 100%…temperature 28 to 30 deg with the locals compkaining that it was cold.Spent the weekend in Sydney with MUM to have Mothers day with her. We arrived home yesterday.
    Sorry to here that SJ had a fall …hope you are ok
    You have all been busy and doing awesome things will I have been away.
    WELCOME COOKIE.you have come to the best place for support and encouragement in this WOL. YOU will be entertained by the a humour of this incredible group.
    I look forward to hearing all the stories that FIT SND JADE will get up to on the WTF OVERSEAS REUNION….there will be no dtopping uou two👭the craic will be full on.
    Fast day for me yoday ..need to stsrt as I put on 2.5kgs between WTF and my birthday…..no time like the present to start to shed those kgs
    Happy that you all enjoyed your Mothers day activities,especually our GYPS mud crabs and champers.
    Catch ip later I have a loads of washing to do…..love……GO GALXXXXX

Hey there GG! Great to have you back! Well you sure celebrated your birthday in style….fantastic! It must have been the most amazing experience from start to finish. Well done to OH for organising it all 👍💪 Best of luck getting back on the fasting horse….we’re right there with you 🐎🐎🐎🐎 💞💕😃

Hi team, welcome back GG, what a fantastic time you have had,now with feet back on the ground, back to reality and fasting 😉
    It’s pouring rain and damned cold here in Gippsland, they have warned of big storms, very strong winds and flooding rain, my type of day 😊 Unfortunately I do have to go out in it to have my dressings changed and get the test results. Doing the dressings are easy enough, but would like the doctor to have a look, he has a better eye for infection, and the results wont be given over the phone😡 it’s maddening! My fast went well, but was up to the loo numerous times through the night…..so slept in till 9:00😱
    Have a lovely day/evening team, be kind to yourself, s.j. Glad to hear you are so far from the dangers of the fires too,
    “You know that little thing inside your head that stops you from saying the wrong thing….yeah, I don’t have one of them!😳”

Mornin’ CG! Gosh that sounds like very dramatic weather….please stay safe! I hope your wounds are healing without any signs of infection. Well done on your successful fast but I sympathise about all the trips to the loo during the night….it’s such a nuisance, especially when it’s been hard to get to sleep in the first place! The joys of being a woman! 😁😡 I’ve had a very good fast too so I’m heading off to bed now feeling quite proud of myself 💪😃 Night, night! 🌙🌓

Well done Fit, sleep well 💕 Nighty night xxxx

Hey GG welcome home!! Your vacation sounds dreamy and I’m so glad you got pampered💕🍷🔆😍
    Oh Lordy CG take care in the weather – yes our docs are bossy that way too – hope the news is all good! Gosh SJ take care and I hope you can still enjoy our visit despite the mishap😟♥️glad you are not in harm’s way. X

Cookie and Fit thank you for not wearing out the FD horse, I’ve managed a 400-cal day and low-carb to boot 🏇🍗 and now it’s storming here again, thank heavens I got the pups out for a last little fling in the backyard. I think I’ll go hide under my bed and pray for strength. I hope there is no food under there. See you all tomorrow! 🌞xxx

Hi all! Very quiet thread, is everyone weak from their fasting efforts? 😉😃
    Well done Jade! That horse has well and truly galloped past the finishing post, woohoo! If you’re like me, I’m sure all you found under the bed were dust bunnies! 🐰🐰 But hey, on the positive side, at least you’re able to fit under the bed! 👍😂 Hope the storms have passed and that you’re all safe and sound. 💚💞💕

Hi team, evening Fit, it is quiet isn’t it…..I’m still watching Downton 😢 I had my wounds checked and redressed. The results were S.C.C.’s so good thing they are gone, and back next Thursday to get the stitches out😊 Very wet and stormy, lots of thunder at the moment, the heater is on, the boy’s curled up asleep (Rocky as usual on my knee) so all cosy and the world is fine😉💕 I even put fresh bedding in the shed for the cows so I know they are warm and cosy too😊……I had left over chicken stir fry from last night for dinner, and boiled a chicken for the boys then used the stock to make chicken and corn soup, it is oh so yummmm☺️ I even put a can of coconut cream into it, just delish ☺️ It might not be real fasting soup, but will do tomorrow and better than other foods I could eat.
    I hope you are all well team, oh, and I had my flu shot today too, funny, I thought I’d already had one…..chat soon 💕☺️🍷xxxxxx

Hey CG and FIt, morning over here🔆and yes we’re probably all worn out from our valiant fasting efforts! Not as tired as that poor horse though, Fit, absolutely right 🐎 (finally shed of its riders😅)! I fell into bed last night intending to read but had not a single gram of energy left. Few calories, even fewer carbs, and a day of interviews, exhausting. But what a wonderful coincidence, mind and body ready for sleep💤💟

CG do you cook for the boys? I do, too – with something called Urban Wolf (dehydrated veg) mixed with water, beef/chicken and fish. They love it and it keeps them in shape (or gets them back into it!). Maybe I should eat it. I made one batch after my fridge/freezer clean-out (using crawfish and odd chicken parts). Our mini Aussie was NOT pleased with that last night.😂 I told him he could bloody well suffer along with me😝

Another day of work, another nudge to the trip plans. The school admin just laughed herself silly at me yesterday. OH is a legend now. Ah well, he’s my legend. At least he gives me a lot to think about! 🤔💕Hugs to all, have a lovely day!♥️🔆jade xxx

Hi Jade, well done with your fasting too😊 Yes I do cook for my boys, either boiled chicken, shredded into rice with mixed veg or mince steak. Often I just put the chicken into their dry food too (as it’s supposed to be full of nutrients) they rarely complain…..only with occassional leftovers!😱 They wont eat anything from a can though, I get that “what do you think we are DOG’s “look! I don’t blame them, it smells awful..😉💕xxxx

Jade, life sure is full on for you at the moment. I hope that once you get here things will settle down so that you can relax and enjoy your stay. We love a good legend over here, so your OH will fit right in! 😉👍😃💚
    CG, I’m not familiar with the terminology so I don’t know what SCC stands for, but as long as all is good then I’m delighted for you. Keep eating healthily, some yummy dishes there mmmm 😋 Enjoy the rest of Downton, every episode is a classic! 😃💞

SCC…hmm I don’t know either. Boy don’t we spoil our loved ones, 2- or 4-legged!♥️🐶🐱🐮mCG glad you are still enjoying Downton👑

Fit, we’ve added another city to our trip – nudging right along – at least we’ve stopped subtracting them! Better retract that all’s clear to the southern drivers, we are in a legendary state of flux here. Beyond ridiculous! But almost compelling, the way a good murder mystery is. All fun and games except for the victim!😂😈 Oh mercy it’s time to go run errands, see you lovely lot later — jade xx

Jade, SCC is ‘squamous cell carcinoma’. Which means it has invaded beyond the basal cell stage of skin cancer (BCC) to the deeper tissue, (squamous cells are the ‘building blocks’ of the regenerative process). So it’s a hair’s breadth from deep shit. Best get your sun spots checked regularly, ladies. Aussie skin is frying in today’s temperatures. It’s really hot here for May. Don’t know where the Leprechaun’s predicted rain is, but it sure feels like something is coming.(Other than fairies, of course! am bogged on the next chapter awaiting inspiration. Do we want action, more mystery or emerging explanation? Who’s lost in my woods)

Sooo glad to hear Suejen is safe and sound!

Jade, I must have missed the posts where your trip was explained. I get that you have students in tow. What is it in aid of? and is OH your trip master or something? Sounds like a recipe for disaster! Luck!

PS. BTW, this popped up on my facebook today: Who knew Led Zeplin were RAINBOW MEN?

https://www.facebook.com/rock.vs.metal/videos/10154084457468812/?pnref=story

check out the neck decos and the lyrics. (‘smoke in the woods’,… ‘bird in the tree’… ‘words with double meaning’…. Gaark…. and then there’s the title, of course(stairway to Heaven) and there’s that lone guitar again…. shades of ‘sounds of silence’….. it seems lot’s of old seeds of wisdom are just starting to germinate… is it ‘loo-mination’? or just deep shit! ) My scrub is certainly ‘looming’. not a leaf is moving. . and there goes the storm bird… ah, well I’m for bed. nite all. xx gyps

Oh Gyps, SCC already sounds quite scary to me…. I think I’ll have to wear a burka when I get to your neck of the woods! 😡 That’s me red from sunburn if I don’t! Wish I could send you some of the rain I’m getting right now…..it’s absolutely lashing down! 💨🌧💨🌧
    Jade, I can’t wait to see what your eventual itinerary turns out to be….but I love a good mystery (let’s leave out the murder part for now, even though I know you probably feel like committing one!) 😁😡👿

Hi team, Gyps, thanks for the explaination of S.C.C. as long as I continually check my skin, which I’ve had to do for years, I should be safe ☺️ I refuse to be locked away, so live my life, but our sun is so severe these days and it is 12 months of the year, so I do take care when I can. My hands are the worst, through my work of driving to clients over the years, were always in the sun on the steering wheel. (My other windows are tinted, but front ones can’t be, ridiculous..) We all have something to contend with I guess 😉 and pointless being a misery about it. I actually finished Downton last night 😰 It’s like losing a good friend, we had the most horrendous storms over night, in fact I feel blessed to still have a roof! The day ahead doesn’t seem much better, so another indoor day😊 My homecare is due at 1:00 today, so will get her to help me strip the bed too ……yes, I’ve hurt my back again, being bloody minded, doing my hanging baskets with fuschias, reaching, lifting, climbing my step ladder, pulling heavy weights, etc so a very sedate type of day coming up😒 I am planning to fast, although I have no idea what the count is for my soup, I just keep adding to get the right flavour, so it will be all guess work, but as long as I stay away from buttered toast to have with it, I should be fine☺️
    Follow your dreams team, everything is possible, stay clear of negative people and attitudes and don’t look back, your future starts from now 😉💕xxxxx

Hi all. Just popped home for the night and left OH to it with his mate for one night. We decided to stay another two nights as the crabs are just great. Nice sized muddies just jumping into our crab pot. 🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀 Beautiful weather🌞🌞🌞✨✨💫🌟🌛, have not even needed a cardigan . Daughter and her friend came for a visit yesterday afternoon and we sent them home with crabs for dinner. We had friends come for a BBQ dinner last night so enjoyed nice fresh crab nibbles before dinner with some nice white wine.🍸🍸🍸.followed by BBQ lamb Chops and vegie bake with some red wine…🍷🍷🍷it’s a tough life but someone has to do it. Just so peaceful and relaxing and enjoying great company. No internet connection so completely safe from all the election news etc too. What more could you ask for. I am having a night at home then going to bridge tomorrow then heading back down to the van for the last night. Will come home Friday morning. Did a Fast day last Saturday thank goodness..will try for another one tomorrow but don’t expect to lose this week as you can’t have nice fresh crab without some nice white wine!! It would be sacrilege. 😳😳

GG. Sounds like you had the most beautiful holiday and were spoilt rotten, just beautiful.🍸🎉💐🍾💞💕
    What a man!! 💓💓. Too bad we have to come home and get back to real life…however real life is what we make it and I’m sure you make yours exciting most of the time.

SJ. Good to hear from you. Hope the knee improves, however being with your wonderful family would be making the pain easier to bear. Keep enjoying every day💞💞

Jade. You do crack me up…no matter where you end up going or what you do it will be a hoot…just as long as you get to Dublin🍀🍀🍀. Great still about the successful fasts. You are smashing it!!

Fit. I think I may need your horse next week! 🐎🐎🐎hope he still has some go in him. It’s only a week before my family from Canada get here for their visit and I had planned to have a few more KGs off by the time they got here. Really need to get on that horse and get going…🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎
    have decided to ban Scotch from the house for the month and just have red wine spritzers!! Maybe that will do the trick and once we have eaten all the crabs won’t need the white wine either. As per usual Monday will be DDay…..to start being good again. 😇😇😇😇

Doggy. You will know when it is time for you to get serious again…when it is you will be OK. This has to come from within you and only you can decide..we are here to help anytime.

CG. You certainly did the right thing getting those cancers taken out when you did. Your weather sounds just awful.⛈⛈⚡️🌬💨💨⛈☔️☔️..and of course you have overdone it again but it would,not be you if you weren’t doing too much. Time to take it easy for a while and at least the weather is helping you to stay indoors. You will have to find something else to watch now that you have finished Downton. Take care of that back!! And spoil yourself😘😘💐💕

Cookie. Well done with the fasts.✅✅✅ You really are doing well! Especially in a new country. I’m sure things will become easier with time and you will settle into your new life. So exciting to take on a challenge like that…good on you. 💐💐😘😘

Annie. Hope thing are good for you and you are now on enjoying your freedom once again. What a great big Heart you have continually doing things for those less fortunate. 💐💐💞💞💐

Up. How is the camping going? Good I hope.✨✨💫💫🍃🌴🔥🍷🎣⛺️🏝🔦🚺

Gyps. What a gal. Bummer about the pending weather and the cancelled camping. 🎪🎪🎪 Wish I could send you some nice sunny days from here. 🌞🌞🌞 I’m sure you will make the most of whatever it is comes your way can’t keep a gal like you from making the most out of life..💞👯💃🏃.🎭🖊🖊💞💞

Hope I haven’t missed anyone!! Have a great day/night all 💜💜💜💜💜

PH what a brilliant time you are having, I’m jealous, that sounds my type of holiday and oh such yummy fresh crabs too, yummmmm. Company can make or brake a camping holiday so you are fortunate to have the friends you do. If you are both enjoying it so much, why the rush to get home?
    Very cold, wet and windy still, no damage that I can see, I think last weeks storm, when I had my wounds done, may have blown down all that was possible 😏 So what is left standing is staying. I’m in leggings, ugg boots, jumper and vest, so quite cosy. And no sweating is the bonus of the winter months😀 My autumn colours are glorious, my liquid amber is showing off beautifully. I may sound to be over doing things at times, but when you live alone, chores mount up as in any home and being on a property, it’s even moreso. I only do basics usually, but that isn’t always enough, and my garden is a hobby, strenuous, but I love it. We are dead a long time and I’m just helping God tend to the garden😉💐
    Enjoy your day team, stay safe💕😊xxxxx

Hi again ADers. Well I had to face up to the dr today as knee was getting worse not better, so gave in and went. Dr says he suspects a bruised/strained patellar tendon below the knee from the area of pain. X-rays showed no fractures at least. So……have a leg brace and crutches!! Damn##&*$$! For at least 10 days and of course a few 100 dollars paid out, hopefully we’ll be able to claim on travel insurance. Could go ahead and have an MRI but as he said it won’t change the treatment & cost $4-500. So we’ll go with that for now.

So boy this will sure curtail fun with the grandies and the things I can do to help my DIL! Never mind we’ll come up with some sort of plan. Kids are loving reading books for sure. Changing diapers on the floor is another story!! All for now folks. Suejen xxxx

Oh the lovely couple we’ve stayed with for a week have offered to have us stay here for another 4 days as the next house we were going to has loads of stairs. Wasn’t that great!!!!! Silver lining behind every cloud eh.

Oh sj, what rotten luck for you, but at lest you are now being treated. Why are doctors so damned expensive over there? Take care darling girl, you have been looking so forward to this trip, but you will still be makng fond memories I’m sure. I’m not really understanding about the house and other people, but you sound happy and that’s all that matters 💕Xxxxxxx

Oh rats SJ that’s a tough break 😞 but good for you for finding the silver linings (perhaps with some help from our fearless leader) – nothing is broken, you have lovely hosts in (I’m guessing) a relatively stair-free house, and best of all you are with your family. I shudder to think what might have happened that could’ve been worse….still and all I know how frustrating it is to be the incapacitated one – you have taken care of so many, now let yourself be cared for.🤕💕
    CG I am the same as you, because even though OH “The Legend” is here, I am the one who does the things that need doing. I remember when I had carpal surgery, I had to drive him to the dentist for an impacted tooth. I mean, he couldn’t even see straight, so I figured I could one arm us into the city with better odds of surviving the trip.
    Lol Gyps Trip Master…more like trip messer upper (seriously, teleophobia!!) It is with students but I’m not in charge of them so just having fun. At least that’s the plan. Thanks for the SCCexplanation, nasty stuff but common here – I have been to Dr. Scalpel for a going-over but also religiously use sunscreen for about the past 30 yrs. Ah…but what a magnificent rendition of that song! Rainbow men indeed, and man that guitar solo…always loved that. Loved all the action on that stage, can you imagine what it took to put that together.

And…speaking of trips, and a small bribe a/k/a change fee and fare difference to Aer Lingus, and we are Still On for Dublin. But all’s clear for the southern drivers, we shall not be terrifying them with our lack of skills there. And Dublin is a few days later that week Fit – I’ll email you.☘💚
    PH what fun you and your friends have! I’m drooling just thinking about those crabs. Bet there are some mighty laughs you all have down by the river😂🍷
    Gosh what a day. Was about to hit the hay at midnight when OH announced the cat was AWOL. And like any cat, he was inside SOMEWHERE while we searched high and low. And after coming in from the back yard to look upstairs again, he nonchalantly strolls down the stairs. HA. And now we can all finally go to sleep at 2 a.m. Night all. 💤💕jade xx

Hi all!
    CG, you really are an impossible patient!! But we wouldn’t have you any other way! I hope you let the homecare do the bulk of the work…..you can just put the kettle on and open the bikkies! Now that Downton is over, can I suggest Poldark….if you haven’t already seen it, it’s set in Cornwall and there’s a nice bit of Irish eye candy in the lead role! 😉😃💗💘
    SJ, what rotten news! Hopefully the leg brace will give you enough support so that you can enjoy the holidays more. What lovely, thoughtful hosts to let you stay on, but I reckon they wouldn’t have done that for just anyone! I’m sure you will come up with some creative ideas to keep the grandies amused…maybe some dressmaking for the dolls or baking cookies together…..grandma sitting down of course! ♿️👍😃
    PH, your holiday sounds absolutely idyllic! Crab is my favourite shellfish but it’s very expensive here, yum! Good food, good company, good weather, good wine….bliss! That fd horse can wait his turn! 🐎👍😃
    Jade, what a roller coaster you’re on these days! As long as we get together at some stage, I don’t care! We’re going to channel these ladies and use our Aussie determination to make sure we have our mini WTF, no matter what! Gosh, that darn cat sure gave you the runaround! I hope you got a decent sleep afterwards 😴💤
    My day/week is going pear shaped…..the hospital rang this morning and said they can’t admit my sister today after all and it will now be Friday instead. So I’ve been frantically ringing the home support office to get her carers back because I had cancelled them from today. Of course, all I can get is an answering machine….grrrr! 😡😁 And it’s cold and rainy! 😞

Hi people,

Started my very first fast on Monday 9th, breakfast at 0730. It was a busy day at work and I felt no hunger at all until 1900, but held out until 1930 and enjoyed my meal.

Tuesday morning waited until 0730 and enjoyed breakfast. That evening I felt fantastic! Let’s just say that I felt a specific biological urge (peristalsis) for the first time in 4 years and went to sleep feeling satisfied but with an empty stomach and with a smile on my face.

Today was a breeze and I cannot wait until tomorrow when I fast again, 0730-1930. Did you read that? “I cannot wait until tomorrow when I fast again”.

Only one fast and I’m loving it.

Paul

Hi Benignus and welcome to this thread and fantastic way of life. You’ve made a great start and this fasting is a life changer for sure. Tell us a little about where you are and your goals and we’ll all support you in any way we can. Best of luck!

☺️ Hi Fit, I know I need chaining to the chair, but I’m being as good as I can. Todays fast was fine until 5:30 tonight and I craved a hamburger so I made some beef patties and squashed them in a pita pocket, quite yummy but no idea of the cals. As I don’t eat much red meat, and my iron count was a bit low, decided to listen to my cravings.
    Benignus welcome as part of our team. You will find you will lose quite a bit in the beginning, and that is wonderful incentive☺️ We discuss absolutely everything here so ask any questions that arise and someone in the team will answer it. You are really doing well so keep up the great work😊
    Fit I downloaded the 6th series, a bit blurred, but had to see the last of it. I haven’t heard of the one you suggested so will see if Netflx has it. What a bummer with that hospital, and the agency you are with need a foot up the rear end. What if there was an emergency?
    Enjoy the day/evening team ☺️💕xxxx

Lol when it rains it pours, literally. I was awakened by thunderclaps at 7 a.m. And Immediately remembered I had opened my car roof and windows to let the inside dry out from the previous rain. Oh ha ha 🌊 luckily it’s one of those indestructible cars that will take this in stride. But what a way to wake up⚡️😧after going to bed so late. Fit I can appreciate the phone frustration as I was on hold with AerLingus for 45 min last night (even used both the landline and cell for two separate help numbers) – and one line played THE most godawful banging music, the other not so bad, some Irish songs, but of course I had them both on speaker so I could jump on the first to present me with a live person. Picture me, trapped in my chair between two blaring phones, trying to keep my thoughts straight about what I needed to do if anyone ever answered. Jean-Paul Sartre comes to mind….Huis Clos.

Hi Paul, welcome and congrats on enjoying the fasts! When we fully commit to the ride🏇we still enjoy them, too. And even when we fall off the horse, we appreciate that it’s all worth the effort. And besides all that, I love the daily chats with this fine group. We are like minded in many ways, very strong and stubborn😉But I mean what other type could do 5:2 for this long, dusting ourselves off each time that darn horse bucks up and throws us into a ditch. CG I still marvel at the excellent title you you picked to christen this thread.💪♥️ I’m glad Fit has given you some ideas to help (ahem) actually follow docs orders.🤔😉

Fit, you poor thing, having to deal with the home support. I hope you get it sorted without the need for home care yourself. A cool peach schnapps is waiting as your reward 🍸🍑🌙 along with angel wings and a bright shiny halo. I think one can never have too much good karma, and you’re loaded with it🔅🔆🔅- lots of that going around here, the tales of perseverance and strength always make me so happy to be in this group.

And now I’d best go search through the laundry so I can towel off my car now that the rain has stopped 😂 Love to all💕💪 jade xx

OMG Jade! I can’t stop laughing at you leaving the car open to the elements, it’s just like something I’d do! 😂…..and have done in the past but don’t tell OH! Oh dear, aren’t those tunes on automated phone answering services just god awful! Poor you! I hope you got sorted in the end. So is the itinerary finalised now or is that a stupid question? 😜😳😉
    I got the home care sorted for my sister and I was able to go to my French class, which I would have missed, so there’s that silver lining again! 👍😃🌥

Hooray for silver linings, Fit!🌤💫 – and a little food for the mind as you parle the francais. The itinerary seems set finally – one stiff airline penalty seems to have settled The Legend down. Did I say he was teleophobic? More like a teleophile – can’t stop replanning!! But he seems content now, which is just awesome given the 10,000 permutations of this trip that have been discussed. Broke that darn zipper on my mouth, oops!🤐😧 but oh it felt good at the time, like a flat-out word binge👍Definitely less fattening than the other kind. Some serious mental cardio is my silver lining this week! I am going to email you now, hope you have a bit of bus/train experience b/c The Legend is now on fire to go rogue from the school group – which is fine as we aren’t officially part of it this year. All of Ireland can be thankful the rental car is canceled 🤗xx

Hi there Jade! Good idea to binge on words instead of contraband! I’ll have a look at your email and try to advise you as best I can. I don’t have much need to use public transport so I’m not exactly an expert but I’m sure we can come up with a plan. (Say the ‘p’ word quietly, so the Legend doesn’t hear!)😉👍👌

Hi popping in from Charters Towers. We are only passing through so instead of putting up the camp site we are in a cabin and I have a little internet.

All is well for me and we are having fun, just another week and a half left of our holiday which has been fun.

Having just looked at this page I can see that CG you have had SCC’s. Glad all is well now. I have found it difficult to stay sun safe on this holiday too although my previous melanoma keeps me motivated! I imagine I have had a bit too much some days because I tend not to reapply. Just do it once and forget about it. I have to have 6 monthly checks and have one due just after we get home fortunately. The thought of more cancer scares the pants off me!

GG, glad your holiday was so good and PH, yours sound wonderful too. SJ,I hope you are better soon. Hi to everyone else, I am sorry not to name you all but I have 100megabytes which is zilch and need to email family etc. We don’t even have phone reception a lot. We head today to Rubyvale and the gem fields but another long drive. No more snorkelling etc, all inland now.

Good luck with the fasting. I’ll be back there again soon. xxx

Hey Up! Great to hear from you and that you’re having such a good time. Please do take care in the sun, any mention of skin cancer scares the pants off me too! Best of luck with your skin check when you get back. Enjoy the rest of the holiday too! 👍💞😃

Hey Up! Glad to hear you’re having fun out in the boonies. Yes,100 mg isn’t much, it’s what AT&T here call “accidental use” of data. We will have the same limit in Ireland, but will be mostly in cities with wifi. At least that is the CURENT plan, ha ha who knows where we will actually end up now that we are going to use public transportation. At least it’s safer than our own driving.😱
    Fit you’re a godsend re the train help, and of course it helps a LOT to know the actual names of destination towns. I had been looking at a map where the whole of Ireland is the size of my iPad mini. I think I saw you waving!! 👋💚 xx ps my FD ended when I found peanuts in my purse while running errands. I seriously cannot be trusted in a car.

Oh, Jade, are you sure you aren’t a comedy writer? I’m in stitches laughing here at your way with words and powers of expression 😂 Yes, that was me waving…. I have big, glass panels in my living room so I’m sure you saw me quite clearly! 😉 Looks like you’ll have to clean out your purse as well as the car….forget about the cupboards for now! 😃

Hi team, Jade I love your posts, I always get a laugh. My fast went belly up last night too. I needed a chocolate with my coffee, isn’t a balanced diet a chocolate in both hands?
    Still cold here, Up you have been lucky the weather changes haven’t effected your wonderful holiday. It’s lovely to hear from you, and I know what you mean about remembering to slip slop slap! My problem is, I don’t intend staying out in the sun, it just happens. I go out to put washing on the line, then see a weed that needs pulling, 2-3 hours later, I’m still out there!
    I’m using my computer as my ipad died over night. No icons here, I left my charger at Glenn’s and bought one from the local store, which is useless, so bloody slow to charge, and it’s frustrating as I need my morning read with you and my morning coffee.
    Planning to catch up on a bit of ironing this morning, then another day in front of the telly. Fortunately it’s not out door weather so convalescing isn’t too difficult. I spoke to my Aunt last night, she lives in Qld and we are extremely close,she’s married to my Mum’s brother who is now 91, he’s had a few strokes but she still manages to care for him. We got to talking about clothes and she is size 18-20 so I have now found somewhere to send all my “good”/new clothes. I have a lot of knit wear from Wool lovers from the UK that haven’t even been opened so all will be going North. But not today, it would mean climbing my little step ladder in my walk in robe to get up to my knitwear, which would put pressure on my stitches, but at least now I have a solution and can clear out my wardrobes and walk in robe, and find some room for my new “smaller” clothes.;) I seem to be playing drafts looking for room to hang my ironing, and most of what I have isn’t being worn.
    Have a wonderful day team,stay strong if you are fasting, YOU CAN DO IT, we know the benefits, we have seen the results, hay I have lost 30K in case you have forgotten, so if I can do it, so can you (There’s your bit of incentive for the day)
    The future is yours team, stop looking in the rear view mirror, look ahead and to the new you xxxxx

Morning CG! Oh what a treat those lovely woolens will be for your aunt. Glad you put on your Cap of Wisdom and didn’t climb up to wherever to get to your winter clothes. I confess, I don’t know what a walk in robe is but I gather not a robe that you wear and walk around the house in. 🤔 Love learning all these new expressions. And yes, that’s my version of a balanced diet, something good in each hand!🍷🍩 I’m glad we can share the laughs with each other here, life isn’t any easier without them.♥️

I’m pretending I didn’t eat those peanuts earlier, and so I stuck to a small bowl of chili for dinner (watered down with chicken broth) and called it a FD. Mostly I’m trying to drown my sweet tooth. If I have any wisdom I will get myself to bed soon – OH had plenty of sleep and is now full of endless ideas about side trips. Ha ha, yesterday he wasn’t feeling like leaving the house, today he wants to visit every single village in Ireland. This is the look I gave him 👺- definitely a face that needs rest. Night all!😴💓✨🌘xxx

Hi Jade, a walk in robe is exactly what is says….A wardrobe you walk into….they are a pest, I prefer a normal cupboard. At least your not getting bored with o/h suggestions….I thought it was a WOMAN’S prerogative to change her mind? hehe xxxxx

Hi all!
    CG, I’ve just been dreaming about building walk a in wardrobe. My bedroom cupboards are useless because I either can’t see what I have or else I can’t take the item out without causing an avalanche! When my sister moved into an apartment in our local village, my brother organised getting a large storage unit from IKEA that runs along one wall of her spare bedroom. It’s amazing! There are drawers with clear fronts, shelves, two storey rails, shoe holders, drawers with hollows for putting jewellery into and more. I’m very jealous 😬 That’s a great idea to pass on your good clothes to your aunt, it’s a win/win situation. Isn’t she an amazing woman to be still looking after her husband ….brilliant for them both to be still at home together at that age and quite rare, I’m sure. Well done for not putting your stitches under pressure! Are we finally getting through to you to mind yourself? Ha, ha! 😉😃
    Jade, nuts are essential to one’s diet so you also had a balanced diet fd! You can tell OH if you get the bus to my village, it’s pretty typical of an Irish village…..not one of those Hollywood, picture postcard types, just very ordinary but the real thing! I hope you got a good night’s sleep and got your beautiful face back again or I won’t recognise you when you arrive! 😉😃💚💞

Well good morning Fit! I don’t get to say that too often to you🔆 Ah…no rest for the wicked here. Talk about avalanches, the cat started a dog riot on my side of the bed. At 4 a.m. What is it about dogs who live with cats, but suddenly lose their minds at the sight of a cat. Must be some instinct buried in there.
    So is a walk-in wardrobe a closet? I think of wardrobes as antique things. My grandmother had one but I don’t know anyone now who does. Well, I know you lot now don’t I lol 😍. I think I need to go back to bed before I get less coherent and attack the fridge. 👍💤xxxx

Hi Fit, an avelanch is my problem with my knitwear on the top shelves in my walk in robe! I always want the one mid way down in the pile, as I grab it, the others feel left out and come too😳 And being lazy, I don’t use the step ladder, I reach, ….actually, I over reach ouch!………and it’s well above my head. Oh I need lessons in keeping cupboards tidy! The Ikea idea sounds good but you need to be a Rhodes scholar to inderstand the instructions to put them together I think, or at least the wall space to errect it. Overall, I have far too many clothes, all different sizes still, some I want to alter but never get to, so my Aunty Betty is going to get a huge box full😊 She is wonderful, she’s in her late 80’s never complains either, in fact I think when my Uncles’ time comes, her life will feel empty. I have four cousins who are wonderful to them, but all with full lives and their own families.
    I cant find Poldark anywhere Fit, even to download it, most sites are blocked with it? I might have to see if I can get a DVD. Our weather is warming up again, no heater tonight, the wind is fresh but not as cold as it was. Gone are the days of winter or summer wardrobes, I can use both in one week!….Have a lovely day dear friend, not long for taking your sister in, have you got your blood results yet? Cuddles💕😉xxx

Jade, a walk in wardrobe is a small room I guess you’d say, high shelving (for storage/woolies) with hanging space under neath, usually in or off the main bedroom. Yes the American term is closet, but one you can walk into.💕☺️Xxx

Night, night Jade, I think you need to sedate those furry friends! Or yourself…..or OH! 😂😉
    CG, the IKEA wardrobes have baskets as well as clear drawers so open shelves are only for bags or hats….no more avalanches! I agree that you’d need to be a genius to assemble those sorts of storage but for a quite reasonable extra cost, they will come and do it for you….brilliant! That’s a pity about Poldark, I can’t understand why Netflix wouldn’t do it as it was very popular. I know what you mean about changing your clothes, often having to do so in the one day! It’s very blustery here today and not that warm but when the sun comes out, it’s quite pleasant. I’ll be bringing my sister to hospital tomorrow and, luckily, my SIL is able to come with me for moral support. I’m bringing her to get her hair cut later…. I couldn’t bring her before now because she had a nasty cough. No blood results yet, things are very slow here on that front! I’m fasting today so I’m going to keep busy with ironing this morning…..fun, eh? 😉😃

Just got blood results! Cholesterol higher than ever, thanks to me letting my prescription lapse….oops! 😳 But more annoying is the fact that I don’t seem to be lacking anything else so now I don’t know what to do about the various skin/eye issues that I’m having. Oh well, back to the drawing board! 🤔🙄

Back on the meds then, Fit? Sorry the test results haven’t helped identify other problems – medicine is such an inexact science, very frustrating. Have they gotten a better handle on foods that help lower cholesterol (unlike the old ban on eggs and meat)? Good luck with your FD – ride that horse till he screams.

I am running on fumes and caffeine over here, would hate to have my blood tested at the moment. Feels as though I have 1,000 meetings planned and 1,000 more waiting to be set up. Luckily at my age I retired my superwoman’s cape long ago and have learned to say “no” – especially to emergencies I didn’t create. Of course I’m talking about work 🙂 – I’m about to run an errand for D because the mom-cape is never retired! HA. Up up and away….. xxx

Viewing 50 posts - 13,351 through 13,400 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.