Aubergine curry

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  canukus 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Found out aubergines only have about 45 calories in them. So made this amazing curry which totals about 160 calories each and really fills you up. Serves two:
    1 Aubergine
    1 small onion (finely chopped)
    1 tin of chopped tomatoes
    100g spinach
    hand full coriander
    3 chili (I used birds eye but I like it hot) -finely chopped
    1 tsp of black onion seeds
    1 tsp cumin
    2 tsp turmeric
    1 calorie oil spray
    salt and pepper to taste.

Cut the aubergine into 1cm slices and griddle until brown on both sides – I used about 3 squirts of 1 calorie spray to make sure they didn’t stick.
    While waiting for it to cook, fry the onion, chili and spices in a couple of squirts of 1 calorie spray until the onion begins to colour. Add the chopped tomatoes and half a tin of water.
    Cut the cooked aubergine into bit sized chunks and add to the tomato mixture. Leave to simmer for 10 min.
    After 10 min add the coriander and spinach, stir in until wilted and serve.

I had this with rice (140 calories per 40g dry), but you could have it with a wrap instead. You could also add meat or fish just remember to add it on to your calorie count.

Looks Good! I love currys. Thurs is my next fast day. I’ll give it a try if I can find an aubergine at the local supermarket…
    Cheers,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.