Anyone gain at first?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bigbooty 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi There!

I’m a newbie from the U.S.A.

I’ve been doing Alternate Day for a week and a half. I actually gained 2 pounds. I waited till today (day 11) to even weight myself. I also do feel my stomach is a bit “puffy” by the way my pants fit, so it’s not a case of the scale not showing the loss. There is no loss. 🙁

I am waiting to stick with it but just wanted to see if anyone else out there experienced this?

I would, ideally, like to lose 25 pounds. I feel this “diet” is the natural way I have been eating my entire life so it suits me better. I know it sounds crazy, but I have always been starve and binge type of person, even when I was skinny minny : )

Thanks for any words of encouragement or similar experiences you can share 🙂

Dee

Hi Dee and welcome:

If you have been eating below your TDEE on your non diet days you should be losing some fat. It is probably water weight. Here are some tips – you might read the ‘Warnings’ and ‘Really’ posts.

Good Luck!

Thanks!
    I am sticking to 500 calories on the fast days. Guess I’m waiting for it to “kick in.” lol

Dee

Hi Dee,

I think youre going to have to do an honest audit of what youre eating on your non fast days. I suspect that your fasting is giving you “permission” to eat whatever you want (to excess) on your non fast days. Only you can answer that. Work out what your TDEE amount should be and only eat up to that mark. Do you have certain trigger foods? You say you have always been a starve/binge person. What do you binge on? Is it a certain food? If so get rid of it. Throw it out of the cupboard or fridge.

5:2 works but you have to give it a genuine attempt. It is not a magical bullet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.