Anyone else using the Leptin diet on nfd?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Anyone else using the Leptin diet on nfd?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fitnfast 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Since reading the Fast Diet book and hearing for the first time about Leptin, I researched it more and found the Leptin diet, which makes so much sense, both scientifically and practically. So I use those guidelines for my nfd’ s. So far so good. 9 lbs gone in 3 weeks.

And something that bothers me is that never, in my whole life, have I known of this simple hormone that is so much a part of why we eat what we eat! And it was discovered 20 years ago! Seems like “they” don’t want us to know!

What does the leptin diet involve? I can remember seeing a lengthy American commercial about switching leptin on or off but it didn’t really get to the point and presumably selling a powder of sorts! I am just starting out with FD. Had first fast yday and going to aim to stay below allowable cals today. Sounds like you have been getting some great results 🙂

The Leptin plan involves 5 basic guidelines. No snacking between meals, as many hours as possible between meals (at least 5 hours), no processed carbs, eat a high protein breakfast, and no large meals (eat just until you are full).

Since going 16 hours until “breakfast”, and quitting snacking, the weight has really come off!

Thanks for info. Sounds good and makes sense. Think constant snacking means insulin never gets a rest and therefore we all get fat! I was doing well today until I reversed into a fence, got a quote for 200 to put right, annoyed with myself so reached for chocolate. Emotional eating is an annoying habit. Will aim for leptin rules tomorrow before fast day on fri. Do you notice getting hungry between meals?

Thanks again for information

Trust me, when my car broke down last week, I did the same thing! And I will e dry time! It was beer when I was a lot younger; now it’s chocolate!

At first, I was hungry between meals. I had always, always kept something in my stomach, because that’s what I was told was “right”. Now I have very lite problem going 16 hours. I do have a half cup of broth before bed, and a quarter of an Apple in the mri I g so I can talent pain meds, but nothing g else til 10:30. Your body gets used to it. Combined with the fasting, the weight is literally melting off.

Glad I am not the only stress chocolate binger!
    I spread out my meals a bit more today and going to warm up to leptin style gradually.
    What do you tend to eat on your fast days? I’m FD tomorrow

Wow, look at all the auto corrects on my post! It is a wonder you could even read It! Stupid tablet!!

Anyhow, I usually eat a small salad with either tuna from a pouch or chicken breast meat, a hard boiled egg, and dressing (have to have dressing. I refuse to eat lettuce without dressing!) An Apple, pickles…lots of pickles! Only 5 calories each! Sometimes soup. A few whole wheat crackers before I take my meds. That’s about it.

Hey fitnfast, thank you for sharing. I enjoy the occasional pickle but must buy a jar for fast days!
    Really messed up on fri fast. Annoyed with myself and feel dangerously in a binge territory
    Does fasting get easier? I found I did well all day then stupidly ate too much in eve, started thinking well I’ve done it now may as well eat more. Satisfied belly but saddened head and heart.
    I need to retain the good and healthful way of life this can be and ignore my primal urge to gorge!
    Hope you are feeling on track and in control 🙂

Don’t get annoyed with yourself! Allow yourself to have a free day. I have to, for my sanity! And I eat things I probably shouldn’t…once or twice a week. I don’t think it is realistic to expect ourselves to be nuns!

I only lost a little over a pound this week, because I went away last weekend and ate out every meal. But I planned it as a free weekend because I had lost so much. And now I allow myself Saturday as a free day, to eat whatever I want.

When Mosley wrote his book, and said “You can eat normally on non fast days.” , He obviously didn’t know about us bingers! So I think we all had to take it on ourselves to correct our diets on non fast days, but still have a bit of freedom!

Also, this is weird maybe but someone had posted a link to this web site, which I rarely click on, but this one just bowled me over! He is a Canadian Dr who has a fasting program for diabetics and such. But he explains how we gain and lose weight, etc. He says calories don’t matter. It is what you eat and when you eat. I have read it several times. It is http://www.intensivedietarymanagement.com . Start at Calories (first blog which I think was in 2013). Amazing how we have been lied to so much by the government and drs and such!

Anyhow, sorry to be so long winded! Refeed day yesterday was massively bad (pizza, chocolate peanut butter protein mix, and….2 bowls of ice cream! Bad girl!) So back to it today! Nothing til brunch for me! Enjoy your day!

Great msg, thank you fitnfast I will def look up link.
    I am pleased as weighed 2lb lighter this morning after only one true fast day last tues!

I think increasing my running helped and also trying to be more mindful of food in general. A few chocolate slip ups but dark as opposed to milk and 100g as opposed to 200g!
    Fingers crossed I get a good mindset in June!
    Thanks again 🙂

Way to go! Isn’t it a great feeling when you get on the scale and see those lower numbers?! I remember the last several years, when I was killing myself at the gym, and thought I was eating well, and the weight went up! So disappointing and frustrating. And now, just doing a few Hiit sessions and it just melts away!

I love running too…used to do 3 miles a day before my back surgeries. And I was a single parent so couldn’t afford a lot of food…And I was so thin! Now I can afford all kinds of stuff and here I am ….20 lbs overweight! Funny how that works!

I still run occasionally but have to watch it. My legs end up pretty tight.

I see you joined the June challenge! Good luck and I will be right there with you!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.