Any Sexy 70s out there?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Any Sexy 70s out there?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  CalifDreamer 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

• Hi-

I’ve been doing Intermittent Fasting for quite a while on and off. Most recently I took some time off and now I’m trying to get back on track.

I’ve managed my discipline for 2 full weeks and I’m in the second day of the full fast that will begin my 3rd week. I could use some company and all the motivational boosting I can get!

I’m still well over a good BMI and I figure I’ll be at this for at least a couple more years.

Sorry LA Chubster, I’ve only just got to 60! But I’m heading to 70 at a steady pace! (Whether I want to or not 😉 )

Ha ha great thread title!

Not there yet, but I hope to be a sexy 70 in a few years.

Keep going, I figure it night take me a year or more to lose this weight, but it doesn’t matter. I’m in no race, made this a lifestyle. I quit 5:2 also, but came back to do the updated 800 calorie fasts. Very doable. Let’s do this. I figure I’ll be doing 5:2 until I kick the bucket. There are worse things in life!

Closer to 70 than 60 and I am one hell of a sexy guy! LOL I’m getting close to my goal weight (165lbs @5’10”) but I will continue fasting once a week for the other health benefits. I’m also working hard with weights to retain and gain muscle.

That’s great diverdog. I have about 45 more pounds to go to get the sexy old body back! I figure I lose slowly, and it might take a year. We’ll see. But like you, I feel fasting for the health benefits alone is worth it.

We can all do this!

Glad to know I’m not the only one holding down this end of the Bell curve!

I’ve still got probably 50 pounds to go. …which is kinda *horrifying* if you calculate back to where I started. But I have made *real* progress and I’m feeling so much better and being so much more active.

I do an hour of cardio 5 days a week and then I do an additional hour out in the garden. I am also far more willing to walk for local errands rather than always going by car. I even bought myself a little wheeled trolley so I can do it when there’s more shopping involved.

I’m developing something that looks like a waist but I have a front side that refuses to show the effort that’s gone into this. You see, I’ve been fat since I was 6 years old. 5:2 has been a HUGE change in my life!

So that’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it! Looking forward to getting to know you guys and support you in your efforts.

LA, slow and steady is the way to go. It sounds like you are making nice progress and permanent positive lifestyle changes.

I know what it’s like to be way overweight. Although I was lean and fit as a teenager I weighed 235-240 from 25- 50. I lost down to 170 after a heart attack scare and kept most of it off for 16 years. After a cruise in January I was up to 192 and got back to my normal healthy routine.

I lost all of the fat without doing any cardio in the classic sense. I find it to be time consuming and not effective. I do 1 intense HIIT on a bike, 1 lower body, 1 upper body weight workout a week. My workouts are short but very, very tough! I’m also active walking the dog and dancing.

I’m looking forward to hearing about your progress

A heart attack! That’s scary!!! I’m glad to hear it turned out to be a wake up call and that you responded so constructively. Nice going!

Nothing so dramatic for me. I just couldn’t bare to be in my body. And my joints — particularly a knee I broke which doesn’t have any cartilage left — made movement painful and even sitting awkward and uncomfortable. But I’ve seen the light. I trip up and have more bad months strung together than I’d care to fess up about but I always come back to 5:2 because nothing else makes me feel this good about myself and in my body.

I figure at this point — I just turned 70 in March — and at the rate my weight comes down, the outcome will be that I’ll fit in a coffin. But at least I’ll get an evil laugh out of that!

I had the MOST interesting experience today! I’ve been struggling to get back on my program for 3 weeks. I do OK on my FDs when I simply don’t eat at all but on my food days I will do fine for a while and then just start eating between meals or eating the wrong things after dinner.

But today — which is a food day for me — it simply didn’t occur to me to eat at all. It’s 7PM now. I could either have a piece of salmon or simply not bother because I don’t have any particular desire to eat.

69 and sexy here! I started 5:2 March 15, 2016 and lost 35 pounds. I’ve been on maintenance since about December 2016. I feel healthy, lithe and trim. Don’t want to lose any more so I won’t look any older than I really am!

Hooray for you, SongBird! That’s fantastic and inspirational!

Hi, LA chubster, I’m now 70. Holding my own on maintenance having lost 28 lbs. I’ve stopped colouring my hair, apart from a few blonde tips in front and acquired new trendy big glasses. Hope I qualify!

Pol. 😀

I turned 68 in March, so hope that’s close enough! I started the 5:2 plan on May 10th and have lost about 11 pounds so far. I hope to get down to 130 pounds and I’m at 144 now.

@lachubster, it’s great when your body starts adjusting to this way of life and you can get through most of the day without thinking about eating. I think with the regular fasting, or severely calorie restricted diet, you realize that you aren’t going to starve to death if you don’t eat for 1 or 2 days, and in fact you aren’t going to even feel particularly bad, so putting off eating isn’t something to be feared or avoided. I can pretty much put it out of my mind because I know I’ll be eating whatever I want the following day.

@cinque, @diverdog, @songbirdme and @pollypenny, great to hear that you’ve reached your goals and are in maintenance mode now. Any tips for those of us who are still working on weight loss? What do you do to maintain?

@five-two-gal, I agree that we shouldn’t be impatient. This isn’t a race. I think it’s important that we have a plan here that is doable even after we’ve reached our goal, a WOL (way of life).

I did it again today!

I worked in the garden all morning. When I saw that it was 1:30 I took my grandson to Subway (we walked about 4 blocks) for a sandwich. I didn’t eat. We walked home by the frozen yogurt shop (it’s still in the high 80Ëšs here). He had a monster thing with about 6 different toppings. I sipped my iced tea.

Now I’m eating a pint basket of cherry tomatoes. …more because they’re so good than I’m so hungry. So all day I’ve had them and a kombucha (about 100 calories). When it’s dinnertime I’ll have a piece of cold grilled salmon.

I’m rockin’ my food days and it isn’t even taking any effort all of a sudden. I may go broke buying plants to keep myself busy digging but I’m NOT eating!!!

Congrats LA Chubster. What a great day!
    Hi Cali!

Re maintenance, I have found that it is pretty much the same as losing weight (without the fun of finding new clothes in smaller sizes). The bonus is that I can give myself a little wriggle room. 5:2 was pretty close to my highest priority when I was losing weight. Now I can let a day go now and again.
    But basically I lost weight quickly when I started and then gradually lost weight more slowly, and now regular 5:2 maintains me at the lower end of my healthy weight range. I still love the ‘stop and reset’ a fast day gives me, and the pleasure of normal eating the next day. I think if I wasn’t doing it, my weight would go up and my general health would go down, so I am a 5:2 lifer.

LAChubster, I have visions of a skinny woman living in a jungle by the end of the summer! 🙂

Oh! If only that could be true!

No, there’s no indication of my very ample belly disappearing any time soon. I expect I’ll be at this another year and probably well after that as well. …especially since I can do this for 4-5 months and then something happens and I go off the rails and gain weight again before I reign in all my impulses and get back on my pattern.

It would also be lovely if things could go all lush around here in the garden but we’re in a long stretch of temperatures above 80Ëš with continuing drought conditions so it’s taking work just to keep things going. But I *am* enjoying some good healthy things from the garden.

Are you also in CA, CalifDreamer? Where? I’m in the LA area in one of the hotter valleys.

LAChubster, I’m about half an hour east of Sacramento. It’s been in the 90’s during the day here and in the 60’s at night. We had lots of rain this last winter, so we’re out of the drought, at least for now. But it never rains here in the summer, or if it does, it’s very unusual.

If you hang out here, we’ll inspire you to stick with this WOL after 4-5 months. You can’t give up what you’ve accomplished!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply.