Any fellows doing EOD fasting? No country restriction :-)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Any fellows doing EOD fasting? No country restriction :-)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  TrueMirror 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• I read plenty of materials about fasting included 5:2, but every other day fasting fits me the best. I’d appreciate, if someone is willing to share/exchange experience with me on this plan. I have no problem to fast EOD, usually I keep feast days on TDEE, but then don’t feel so guilty when binge on some other days, especially Saturdays. I understood from Dr. Mosley’s documentary you still need to keep an eye on calories during remaining five days, this is not the case of EOD way and feast days are not so strict. It’s rare you would eat 200% of your TDEE to compensate fasting days and it never happened to me.

Now this is my sixth week of EOD, I weighed myself once after two weeks of EOD fasting and then again after another two weeks and lost 3.5 kgs. I still need to loose 35 kgs to get in shape. I can’t give up those Saturdays, so if fast day comes on Saturday I switch it with Sunday and then have two consecutive days of fasting after two feast days.

Moreover it surprised me how many health benefits fasting offers and it attracts my attention. First I split those fasting 500 Kcal into three meals, but then read that longer you fast your body has longer time to repair it’s cells instead of let them grow, so now I wait with the 500Kcal meal until the evening. I usually eat very simple mainly boiled chicken with vegetable or other white meat. In the morning I drink coffee with milk and that’s it. I also run twice a week, but want to do more.

If someone wants to join or doing it already for longer time than me, any experiences are welcome.

Read up on Dr. Christy Varaday’s work http://news.uic.edu/krista-varady-weighs-in-on-how-to-drop-pounds-fast she also has the book out The Every Other Day Diet.

Dr. Mosley talked with her in his documentary Eat, Fast, Live Longer which you can watch in it’s entirety at https://vimeo.com/103656060

I’ve tried ADF (Alternate Day Fasting same as EODF) and it is just a bit too much for me. For 1 I have to have time on weekends to kick back and relax.

My fasting is normally from Sunday evening after supper until supper time on Tuesday and Wednesday evening after supper until supper on Friday. Usually fasts are around 46-47 hours twice a week. All my fasts are water only zero caloric intake. Once per month the first Monday of every month I fast from after Sunday evening supper until Friday evening supper or Saturday evening supper, depending what is happening that weekend family wise or socially. Either 5 or 6 days (120 – 144 hours zero caloric intake).

ADF/EODF is just a bit much for me to handle personally, family wise, and socially. What I do isn’t 5:2 as it’s written. I am trying the experiment for the month of February to eat strictly 5:2 for the entire month, and to be honest I can’t wait for the month to be over. It’s not me there is to much eating involved, too much having to worry about that 500/600 fasting day caloric intake. I would much sooner do without. I will finish the experiment for this month fully, but I know myself if I were to follow strict 5:2 I’d soon fall off the wagon. I’m 13 months in doing what I’m doing and it’s pretty easy as far as I’m concerned.

I don’t recommend what I do to anyone. I’m not a Dr. or nutritionist and I don’t play one on TV. Fasting for any period should not be undertaken lightly or without first consulting your attending physician or family Dr. KNOW yourself before attempting any long term fasting and do so under the supervision of your Dr. or someone trained and who specializes in long term fasting. Death is a real possibility.

Yes, I did read her book and saw her in his documentary. I follow her plan actually I forgot to mention above. That is why I think there was misunderstanding where people think they can in eat what they want on other 5 days.

For me the regularity and discipline on EOD regimen is perfect fit. 5:2 works well for many people, too, but I know for me it’s too flexible. Longer fasting as some do around month or so should be supervised by doctor or people with health issues should consult it.

And may I know how much did you lose during those 13 months?

I’ve been alternate day fasting since October. I never go up to 500 calories on my fast days but prefer to range from zero to maybe 300 on occasion. I eat and drink what I like on feed days.
    So far, so good.

Hi Pot-bellied Heron,

may I ask how much have you lost?

I’m not doing my version of 5:2 for weight loss but for the health benefits of which I’ve got in spades and I’m sure more are to come. The weight loss is a pure free bonus I get for fasting. I like free stuff.

I think my scales will show me down 60 pounds at the end of this my 14 month. Not spectacular but then I’m not in it for that. For me it’s all about the fast. Weight is something I refuse to fixate on or even think about. Rather how I feel. I feel better now than I have since my early 40’s.

60 pounds down is an excellent result. I do it for weight loss and for health benefits, too. For me they go hand in hand. Even if I have no health issues, if I don’t lose I believe it’s about to come. But I don’t want to be obsessed with weight loss because psyche is very important. Your approach is good. I’m actually looking forward to fast days, feel much better morning after and also morning wake up is much easier, because I otherwise am night owl.

I didn’t weigh myself at the beginning but I’m guessing between 1.5 and 2 stone. I wasn’t overweight to begin with, I just had a belly that was threatening to enter rooms before I did. It’s all gone now and I’m just trying to get back the skinny man I was in my 20s.

I must be the exception to the rule of rarely eating 200% of TDEE on feed days. I’ve been doing the following for a month now:

Monday – 0 cal
    Tuesday – 500-600 cal
    Wednesday – ~300 cal
    Thursday – 0 cal
    Friday – don’t count
    Saturday – ~1200 cal
    Sunday – don’t count

I don’t weigh myself, but once a week I measure around my waist and so far have lost nothing. It’s depressing to think I can’t have any days where I don’t have to count calories, but as a life long compulsive overeater I must really be packing it in on Fridays and Sundays. Admittedly, Fridays are my mixed nut days and Sundays are my chocolate days. I stay away from those little devils the rest of the week.

I’ve been on maintenance for a little over 2 years and really don’t have any weight to lose but wanted to try this way of eating as an experiment in case I ever start putting on weight. I guess I’m just going to have to count calories on Fridays and Sundays if I get fat again.

Bronx

I have been doing 5:2 for a couple of months, but very poorly for the last couple of weeks, so I am going to start ADF for a bit to kick start the weight loss again.

Wow Bronx, you have way more will power than me! I could not make that Mon-Thurs stint on your calorie restrictions. I do 500+/- calories on my fast days and then whatever I want on the other days.

Bronx you have actually very low caloric intake, I assume your TDEE is low too, so is possible your weight is already in acceptable range. I understand that fasting diet aim is to adjust body to healthy stage, so in case you don’t need to lose, I’d keep fasting just for health benefits rather than losing weight. Also there should be difference between fasting and feasting days. Keeping this low caloric regime might slow your metabolic rate so down, that you stop to lose.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.