Any Big Losers

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Abigail60 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• I have have tried every diet under the sun except this one so started 5:2 today.
    I have around 8 stone to lose and wondered if any other members had weight losses as big as that.
    I am feeling positive having spent many hours reading the posts on this brilliant forum and seeing how well others are doing.

Hi Sharon

can I advise that you read Buttonboots journey, can’t remember how much she has to lose, but her journey will inspire you! It did me – I’m over halfway to what I hope will be a 70 lbs or more loss. Carry on feeling positive – it is most important.

There is a saying, if you believe you can or if you believe you can’t do it – either way you will be correct, so being positive takes you the first step!!

best of luck

Thanks Milena, I have had a read and it’s very good, her weight loss is very slow but just keeps going down and down and not yoyoing.
    I have found a few big losers by reading the threads so it can be done.
    Thanks again for your reply.

You are welcome, Buttonboots is one amazing woman!

As you are going to be around for a while, like many of us, join in on some of the threads – weightwatchers would pay royally to have a network like the one here!!! very best of luck.

*Waves

(I saw this thread title, opened it ready to reply and blushed deeply!)

Hi Sharon!

8 stone weight loss is certainly do-able on this plan!

You have read my journey, so you know I am unsure of my starting point….a mixture of denial and the fact that I was too heavy for standard bathroom scales!…I was definitely over 21 stone, nearer the 22 mark….I am now down to just under the 15 stone…so possibly around the 7 stone lost so far …and a good way to go yet!

Like you I tried many many diets…nothing worked…but 5:2 does!…It is not a diet in my mind…it is my new way of eating. Even when I reach my target (too far off to decide what it will be!)…I will keep fasting (maybe 6:1?) to maintain the loss.

I recommend that you keep a record of your own journey…either here or in a written ournal…it REALLY helps when you have rough days – and trust me, the bad days DO come!…but they go again too!

Keep a notebook handy for recipe ideas – and always make sure you have the basics for a fasting day in the cupboard/fridge/freezer. ….a low fat curry, some veggie sauce to pour over courgette ‘pasta’, skinless chicken thighs and pieces of white fish…..all make quick meals when you need a fasting day meal with minimum time in a tempting kitchen.

Also, pick the battles you can win, and run from the ones you can’t! I refuse to have certain types of biscuit in the house. Give me a pack of custard creams and a mug of tea and that packet is empty!!!! And don’t get me started on Spekulatius spiced biscuits!….best not to even think of those! (Okay I admit it….I have eaten 2 whole packets on one sitting!)….I don’t even try to ration them, I have banned them!…On the other hand I have ginger nuts in the house and have learned to nibble just the one or sometimes two – never more than that.

Accept that the weight loss will be slow. But it will stay off! And treasure every little victory…not just the loss on the scales, but lower dress sizes, a style of clothing you haven’t worn in years (or decades!)…it all helps with the motivation!

Best of luck!…and keep active on this website!

I have lost 4 stone since the end of Jan and its still coming off.

I have lost just over 10lbs since starting at the end of Oct, so about three months so far. While progress seems a little slow I am overjoyed at finally having the strength to shed those few pounds as I am in my early thirties and have been very over-weight most of my life. I am definitely in this for the long haul, I need to lose something like another 6-7 stone to be in the ‘healthy bmi’ range.

I loved reading your story buttons, well done.

I have lost 7st9lb so far (I had a bmi of over 40 and I now have a bmi of 23.7), 5st2 of that has been with 5:2 since October 2014, even though I lost some weight before on other diets I could never stick to them for long and would end up putting on most the weight id lost back on when I would come off the diets. I can really see 5:2 being sustainable for me for life, I only have a stone left to lose but would like to carry on 5:2 even when I get to target, I shall just eat more on nfd. There are some real inspirations on this site, good luck with your weightloss journey

Good morning Sharon,

I am and WILL be a big loser and would love to join you. I really need the support and motivation to succeed in the goal I have set for myself.

Come walk by my side and we will support each other as and when needed.

Good Morning Sharon and Twin2,
    I would love to join you both on a big loser project. I have five stone to loose and as I am over 70 I find it so difficult to loose weight as I get older. I really do need to shift this weight as I am becoming less mobile, and hate the idea of loosing my independence.
    I love your quote Twin2, I like one which is similar. Don’t walk in front of me that I might follow, Don’t walk behind me that I might lead, but, walk beside me and me my friend.
    Bodica.

This is all really inspiring, have just started on the 5:2 and need to undo years of not bothering what I ate or how much. Am looking forward to the slow progress and hoping I can look back and see how far i’ve come in a few months time. On a fast day at the moment and am using my lunch to drink fruit tea and read inspiration here on the forum. I’d like to lose around 60lbs and at the moment it seems like a vast amount. Wonderful to read Buttonboots story. Well Done.

Hello Everyone,

Losing lots of weight is soooo daunting. I have lost 11 kilos so far (just over one and a half stone) and I have at least another 30 kilos to go (around 4 and a half stone). Sorry, use kilos here in Australia.

At the start of this journey, I felt depressed about the huge numbers but I have reached a quarter of the way and am feeling really good. That’s the part I hadn’t realised, how much better I feel without having reached anywhere near my goal weight.

This way of dieting has been the only thing to have worked for me. As I often say, I would prefer not to eat two days per week than to diet all of the time. Lets hang in there.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.