Another newbie from Scotland

This topic contains 57 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  chtika 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)

• Hi all how is everyone getting on. Thats my second week in and ive lost 2lb 7lb in total. FeeM i usually weigh myself every week on a Monday morning before breakfast i fast Mondays and Thursdays. Good luck everyone.

Morning all. Week 2 weigh in, 2lbs this week making 8.5 in total.

Finding some fast days easy, some challenging but trying to enjoy the journey and not be impatient for it all to happen.

Good luck to all of you.

Ellie

Hi. I’m also from Scotland. New to the forum but been doing 5:2 since April last year. After staying away from diet and scales for 6 weeks, I finally braved it yesterday. Horror of all horrors, I gained 11lbs. I have to console myself that I am still 2st 5lbs lighter than last April. Now determined to get back on track

Hi all, an Ayrshire scot here, stopped smoking September last year and have done nothing but eat since, so time for drastic action! First fast day today with ryvita & philly for lunch, smoked salmon salad for dinner. Hoping to lose a stone, fasting Tues/Thurs or Mon/Wed with weigh-in Thurs night.

Nice to meet you all

@nicnevin & @valentine Hi – lots of us Scots on here – I live in Angus.

Well done on your 2 stone 5lb loss Nicnevin and welcome back to 5:2.

Well done on the stopping smoking valentine – it’s not an easy thing to do. I believe though that you know you have the will power to stop smoking so you have the will power to lose weight. It does get easier as you get into the ‘swing’.

The great thing is that, beyond not having more than 500 cals on fast days and eating ABOVE your BMR but NOT ABOVE your TDEE on non fast days, there is no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ way – it’s all about making it fit round your life and doing it your way.

Go girls and keep us posted on your progress

xx

PS @nicnevin … love the ‘handle’ can you cast a spell and make us all thin 😀 😀

Hi valentine

I live in your beautiful country now though I’m not a native.

I could’nt help noticing that you intend to get weighed at night – I wouldn’t recommend this as you will certainly weigh more!

Get weighed the morning after your second fast day, if you want the most encouraging results.

Hi Sylvestra and PreciousBooBoo, thanks for the welcome… I’m banking that my willpower will see me through this and felt good today so I’m keen to see how it goes! I’m only weighing on a Thurs night for information really, everything I’ve been reading would suggest that body measurements are more meaningful but we’ll see how it goes….. How is everyone doing today?

hi all well after my third week i stayed the same. thinking of changing my weigh in day i fast Monday and Thursday and weigh on a Monday morning before breakfast gonna change to a Friday morning. Does anyone else weigh on a Friday morning?

Viewing 8 posts - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply.