And so the journey begins!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
And so the journey begins!

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Croutledge 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• I have dabbled with 5:2 before but never really made it past the first couple of weeks. Its purely been lack of willpower, as the diet and way of eating I find really simple and easy to follow so..today is the day!
    First fasting day today and I had a coffee with milk for breakfast and then a soup for 240 calories for lunch. May have some chicken for supper later on but only if I am hungry.
    I really love the freedom that comes from either not thinking about food (fasting days) or not worrying about food. Its like someone has lifted a weight. I love to cook and generally its healthy nutritious food, but constantly counting calories, fat grammes, etc really does put you off. Also, I have found that I am more likely to leave food on my plate when satisfied if I haven’t ‘counted’ it first – a much healthier mindset.

Hoping that keeping some sort of a diary on here will help…going to check in once a week so:
    Week 1: 12st 8lbs
    Lets see where this leads 🙂

Best of luck Croutledge!

Well, day 1 of fasting went ok last week, but feel like I have really overeaten over the weekend. Day 2 fasting today and I think it is going to be a fight but I will stick with it! Don’t want to change the day as later in the week could get tricky.
    Started back at the gym at the weekend – just gently tried a ‘running for weight loss’ programme. Went surprisingly well! Tonight will be interesting as I will be trying a spin class on a fasting day. At the moment I am pretty confident but whether that confidence remains until 7pm remains to be seen.
    Not going to weigh myself until after my second fast of the week which is Thursday, so Friday morning it is…..going to make some healthier choices on my ‘eating’ days from here on in. Love to cook so no excuses for not having nutritious and satisfying meals.

Let me know how spinning on your fasting day goes. I enjoy spin class but am hesitant to do it on a fasting day.

Will do – I am hestitant as well! Have changed my normal pattern and had a lentil soup for lunch instead of waiting to the end of the day – not sure if this will help or hinder but time will tell:)
    Just been checking out the 8-week blood sugar diet – definitely thinking of giving it a go!

Wow that was a surprise! Complete sugar crash at 3:15pm after having lentil soup at 12 noon. Shakes, sweating, the lot. Ended up having an instant porridge as it the only thing I have at work. Bringing me up to my 500 for the day before I even leave work! Not had this before and hope I don’t get it again….horrible sensation.
    Think I will stick to having nothing at all until the evening if this is what is going to happen!

I definitely find that not eating until the evening works best. Well done on getting through the day. It does get easier.

Well first official weigh-in yesterday….managed one fasting day the first week, but got two proper ones this week.
    3.5lbs down! Absolutely delighted. Lighter than I have been in quite some time and loving the control of 5:2.
    I am not counting on my non-fast days, but am eating consciously. Even went out to dinner this week and had two course meal with cheese in the starter and chips with the main plus wine.
    I know I need to be careful but so far this is an absolutely thrill!

Definitely decided that not eating at all all-day is the way to go but may have a snack just before turning in if necessary.

OK, so week two finished and that’s another 2.5lbs gone. Pretty pleased with that. Would love to get 2 next week to get me into the next ‘stones’ category down, but in all honesty I am just happy to go along with things and see how I get on! I love this way of eating. I know I overate on my non-fast days this week – Ben and Jerry were involved and I am not even a big fan of ice cream, so don’t know where that came from! Going to try and eat ‘clean’ this week – as little processed as possible. Focussing on Fish/chicken and veg and some new recipes. Still not even considering counting calories on my non-fast days just yet. That will come when the weight loss stalls. Three days of eating freely now ahead of me – chicken and roast veg tonight – yum!

Loving this programme! Lost another pound this week, and that is with only one fast each week for the last two weeks and conference/hotel eating in between with wine! Its slow at the moment but as my eating has been erratic and not overly healthy I am still delighted!!
    Going to try and have a ‘perfect’ week next week with two full fasts AND conscious eating inbetween.

This just makes me happy 🙂

Great progress! Keep going! 🙂

Croutledge…any more sugar crash problems? I was just reading your post and noticed the lentil soup. While not rich in “sugar”, it certainly is a carb loaded meal. Might that have been the issue?

Hi K-Lo
    I have avoided the issue by not eating throughout the day. I try not to eat at all but if I have to I have it as late as possible so eat – sit for an hour – go to bed. Prevents any issues and is totally manageable.
    The only issue I have now is that when I do start to eat on a fast day, it has the potential to get out of control as I have ‘flicked that switch’. hence leaving it as late as possible.
    Strangely enough, once I am back on a non-fasting day and can eat what I like (within reason) I don’t have any issues.
    Just means I have to control my mind on two evenings a week instead of constantly – I can cope with that.
    Also, forgot to say, but I have also lost 5% of my body weight 🙂

Another 1.5lbs gone today – yippee!! Having been a serial dieter I think I have finally found my true path. This is so easy!! I know it will get harder as I get further along the path and I may need to be a little stricter on my non-fast days to get to my goal weight, but at the moment I am just enjoying the journey 🙂

Wow well done you. You’ve inspired me to start again and take your approach of 2 fast days with no eating until later if necessary. I’m will keep a check on your progress. Good luck.

Croutledge I initially had to hold off eating throughout the day too (for fear of unleashing a monster!) It’s the only way I could stick to the diet. Now 8 months in I can eat breakfast and then not eat til dinner but there’s no way I could have coped with that in the early days! I think it’s a good way of doing it though, you’re getting into ‘intermittent fasting’ territory and that unleashes all sorts of benefits 🙂

So, week and a half of whilst on my hols….could have fasted but just didn’t want to! It was a completely indulgent week of very good food (no junk) and wine and I loved every minute. Put on 2.5lbs and think I have actually got off pretty lightly 🙂
    Back on plan today….fasting today and no problems at all. Really enjoying it in fact….time will tell if I still feel that way when I travel home at 4:30pm and have to play 18 holes of golf lol!
    Ah well, I love this way of eating and will continue to keep it up – hoping to lose 5-7 lbs before my next holiday in three weeks time. (this includes what I put on last week so should be manageable)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply.