Americans! And anyone else who might like to join :)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Americans! And anyone else who might like to join :)

This topic contains 1,453 replies, has 174 voices, and was last updated by  dykask 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1,451 through 1,456 (of 1,456 total)

• Hello everyone,
    I’m from AZ and happy to be part of this community .I have lost 43 pounds this year by watching what I eat and working out daily on an elliptical machine, which I really enjoy. However…now that I’m just 7 pounds away from my goal, my weight is at a stand still. I thought I’d give fasting a try, but don’t know if I can do this without a little support…so here I am!
    I’m a shorty–just barely 5 ft tall , I am 51 yrs old and in excellent health. I started 2018 at my heaviest weight ever–165 pounds. I am now down to 123 pounds and feel great! I hop out of bed every morning and can’t believe how light my own body feels! I would really like to get down to 116 pounds, and feel very optimistic that fasting will get me there.
    Thanks for having me here!

USA

Hi, Sunday Girl! You might like to join the monthly challenges. There is a lot of people in those challenges from all over the world and they give a lot of support. It isn’t too late to join the October 2018 challenge now. There is a new one every month sponsored by one of the members. I am on that challenge as are many other Americans. Well to this forum!

Cntryfolk from Maine

Hi all. I’ve been doing this for 3 weeks now and have gotten a lot of information from this forum – wondering how active this line is.

Hi, cntryfolk from Maine. I’m fasting_me from New Hampshire.
    A link is only as active as the participants want it to be. I suspect that some people like ccco [above] are more active on the Challenge threads. How has 5:2 been working for you? My husband and I have been Fasting for 5.5 years and are very pleased with the results.

I’m 42 and started 5:2 years ago and lost about a pound a week and looked fantastic. I decided to have another baby and ended up taking a few years hiatus due to the birth and breastfeeding. I’m done having any more children and started again. I’m at 160 pounds and 5′ 3″, so I would like to be 145 and 28 inch waist. It was hard to restart again. I had to get my psyche in gear. I don’t like to do two days in a row and I never do fasting on weekends. I usually eat things like vegetable soup, chili, eggs, air pop plain popcorn, mixed berries with air whip topping, etc. So I eat really healthy, low carb, low cal foods and my body usually starts reacting. Sometimes I get headaches and feel irritable. If I keep myself really busy and my family supports me, I tend to do very well. I attribute this to being very strong willed or stubborn enough to do this. It works! Losing 30 pounds previously greatly reduced diabetes risk, heart disease, blood pressure and cholesterol. Looking for clever tricks people use to be really effective and have great results.

@arielle – good going and best of luck. I’ve been using 5:2 for over 3 years now and I think it helps a lot with health. However I do water fasts mostly. I wish you luck.

This thread tends to die out a lot. You might want to pop into the monthly threads that keep going and going and going …

Viewing 6 posts - 1,451 through 1,456 (of 1,456 total)

You must be logged in to reply.