Am I eating enough calories?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Am I eating enough calories?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Purple Vegie Eater 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hello – I’ve been doing the fast diet for about 3 weeks now but not sure if I’m eating enough calories on the non fast days. Female, 53 years old, 5’4″. Opted for sedentary lifestyle as I don’t do enough exercise to call it anything else lol. Lost 7lbs in the first week which absolutely astonished me. Then 1lb the week after and nothing this week. BMR is now 1574 and TDEE is now 1889. The key to this way of eating is to be very organised. I made a list of all the foods I eat regularly with cals beside them. This makes it easier when planning meals. It is surprising but you can get a lot of food for 500 cals! I’ve been eating around 1500 cals on non fast days. Reading lots of conflicting info on whether we should eat below TDEE/BMR. What would be a safe amount of cals to eat to protect my organs etc and lose weight. Am I eating too little calories or should I eat up to my TDEE? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Lesley

Hi Ike and welcome:

The guidance is to eat to your TDEE or less. There is no problem with eating below your TDEE. Weight loss is not consistent – your weight can vary 2 or more pounds in a day for no apparent reason. You have lost 8 pounds in three weeks – the average weight loss on 5:2 over time is one pound a week. So you are way ahead of the game at this point.

So – just keep doing what you are doing and don’t worry about eating more food. The less you eat, the more you lose. Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi Ike
    Try calculating your TDEE based on your potential weight, not your current. You need to develop your eating habits for the future not feed back up to your current size. Be bold. Understand that you CAN be well within healthy weight for height (53-63 kg for you) 🙂

1200 or 1300 cals a day are more appropriate for a woman of your height. 350-400 on fast days. Try replacing your starchy carbs with more bulky leafy veg and berries and you’ll be surprised how quickly you fill up on less calories. Don’t forget to include good protein (eggs and fish are wonderful) and full fat yoghurts and PLENTY of water.
    All the best, PVE

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.