Alternate Day Fasting (welcome to join/support)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Alternate Day Fasting (welcome to join/support)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Aquabliss 9 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• i have been doing this for a while with a lot of success, i feel so much better about my self.

i am starting this thread as an accountability to keep me motivated

i am fasting tomorrow Wednesday all the way to Thursday

welcome to join/support 🙂

i am planing to have about my maintenance calories wise on my feeding days

on my feeding day i will try to keep it as nutritionally dense as i can, i won’t deny my self some treats though lol

i love fasting, it makes me feel very good about my self. i love the peace and the mental clarity that comes with it. i would love to shed the extra pounds as well.

enough rambling, fast day officially started. best of luck to my self and to everyone with there fasting journey 🙂

Good luck with your day 🙂 I love the way I feel when I’m fasting too, so much calmer and cleaner!

I’d love to join this thread, although I’ll just keep my fast days to Mon/Thurs. I am here to offer support 😀

Hi MissFlawless, just signed up now. I’ve been doing ADF for a week now and am staggered by it. I’m rarely hungry, choose healthier foods when eating, my mood is up and my weight is down!! How are you going?

Think I may join you all.
    I fell of the wagon after my holiday but got back on it this past week and seemed to start loosing again and yesterday I was 1 lb off my pre holiday weight but this morning I’ve jumped back up and have actually put 0.5lbs on since the start of the week.

I think I need some accountability….. help

Hi Beeps, it totally sucks doing everything right but still putting on weight. I’m new to this WOE but from what I’ve read it’s quite common to have weight fluctuations. It’s important not to get disheartened. You know it works, it has worked for you in the past. My advice is to persevere and maybe not be so obsessed with the scales. I’ve read stories of people not losing weight but losing centimetres. Are you doing alternate days too? I’m so excited with the changes to my appetite. I’m just finishing day 9 (FD) and am still feeling my way. Have been following it to the letter so far but I know that there will be times when my resolve will be tested. Any time you need to talk/vent/compare… we can help each other through it. I’m in Australia and probably a different time zone to you so don’t be worried if there is a delay in an answer. Take care

Thanks so much for your kind words Aquabliss.

I’ve not tried ADF yet but plan to do that (well…. try to do it), from tomorrow.

I must admit that I was feeling pretty down earlier, as I was doing so well and the gain really put a spanner in things but like you say, I will persevere because when this happened at Xmas, I just went into free fall and thought…. well I’ve stuffed up now so may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.

This kind of gave me the go ahead to scoff throughout the festive period and every time I slip, my mentality has been the same and ‘I’ll do it tomorrow’ but we all know that tomorrow leads to the next day and the next.

I really want to take control of this once and for all and thanks so much for your support.

I’m in the UK but would love a fasting buddy who I could offer support to also…. you up for it??? 🙂

I would love to be your fasting buddy Beeps. We can keep each other accountable. I’ve been dieting all my life it seems. Losing weight but when I got to my desired weight I would binge on the foods that I had been denying myself. My weight was up then down then up…. You know how it is. I’m hoping that this eating plan will help overcome this yo-yoing. I was 74.9kg on the 10/4 and I hope to get down to 58kg. I’m hoping I can continue ADF as I want to lose a bit faster. So far it’s been good. The headaches and sleeplessness I had in the beginning have gone and I think I’ve got in a groove. Anyway, enough waffling.. It’s almost 11pm here in Sydney and I’m about to go to bed. Talk soon Beeps and thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.