Almost made it through the first day ….

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Samrobcoops 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Hi, this is my 2nd go at this. I tried it for a month last year but fell off the wagon. I am back on board now and nearly through my first fast, I had a wonderful meal for my dinner, and have avoided temptation all day. Still got loads of goodies hanging around.

I was so enthused this morning, i took my dog for twice the walk we normally do! He was thrilled 🙂 I’ve had a lovely day, I’ve felt better in my mood than I have done in ages. I’ve been hungry but diet pop has largely kept it at bay, it kills my sugar cravings. I re read the 5 2 book and was reminded of all the health benefits, I want to be around for my 4 year old son for as long as I possibly can. My dad died of cancer last year, so it has really made me think about how I’m currently living my life and re evaluate.

I have got myself better weighing scales and am hoping to be at least a stone lighter for my trip to FLorida in April, half a stone by my 42nd birthday in February, and back to pre pregnancy weight by the end of the year. I would like to lose 3st. I’ve been the same weight for the past 3 years, +\- a few lbs.

Back at work on Monday, which will be my next fast day, and it will be a challenge as I’m a Food tech teacher, and we are making the most delicious flavoured breads around lunchtime so it will be a real challenge for me. In fact, cooking every day at school is probably why I’ve got the extra 3st! Or rather, eating the results of the teaching!

Good luck to anyone else starting this way of life, which is how I’m viewing it.

Oh boy, that’s almost worse than being a chef – as a chef people at least eat the food you make and you’re less stuck with it.

The title of your post made me think you failed your first day, good to find out that’s not the case! I hope you reach your goal, we’re all rooting for you here. So keep us posted and have a look around the forums, so you may motivate others as well!

lol Your thread title read the same way to me. 😀
    Good to hear that you made it through. Sounds like you have a pretty tough job for keeping the kilos off – it will take some self discipline but I believe it is do-able.

Keep up the longer walks with your dog and you will become a hero in your dog’s mind. Dogs are the best exercise companions – they are never not in the mood for a walk.

Haha that’s true, dogs are always happy to go for a walk with you! And they also never judge you for being “on a diet” 😉

Well cheers guys for the support it means a lot 🙂

I weighed myself this morning and I’m 2lbs down on yesterday morning so brilliant! Couldn’t sleep though. Looking forward to next one, just hope it is as easy as yesterday’s

X

I think that my first fast day was easy mostly due to the novelty factor – but as time goes on they generally do get easier – but you do get the odd really bad day. You just need to remember that it is only for one day. This does seem to be sustainable and very doable.

Good luck, Samrobcoops! From what I can see on the threads, there are a fair few of us on here who feel like they are starting again after Christmas, we’ve all the got the bit between our teeth (as opposed to that lovely sounding bread, is that the time to make sure it all gets swiftly delivered to the staff room?!)

Aud x

Well 2nd fast day nearly done, last ate last night at 10pm, nothing until 6pm today and resisted ALL tempting breads today! And the yummy extras left over, though I drank 2litres of sprite zero but haven’t stopped going to the loo! Was weird just having diet pop for lunch, got some funny looks in the staff room lol!

Had chicken stir fry for dinner, then gave in to half a chip butty 🙁 and tangerine just now, but I’m hoping it’s not too damaging as I’ll fast agin now until lunchtime tomorrow as I’m not a breakfast person. Finding the evenings more difficult than they day time.

Doggie continues to be happy with the extra walking and time to weigh in on thurs before next fast day. Cheers again guys for the support, I keep looking around these forums and there’s lots of tips and tricks I’m going to try.

Congrats of having it made through the second day!

I have just finished reading a book by Dr. Krista Varadi “The Every-Other-Day Diet” and there is an itnersting section about diet soda. She does not recommend it as it contains artificial sweeteners that might make your gravings worse.

Just thought I would mention it.

Best of luck
    Stef.

Yes I’ve been reading up about artificial sweetner and now in full panic mode that I’ve ruined my effort of not eating, but I rarely drink it other than on the fast day, it just helped me get through it. I’m going to invest in some herbal teas instead I think, and nip it in the bud before it becomes too much of a habit. Or lemon/lime in water. And my dog is scared of the fizzing so another reason to ditch it lol.

Oh well, it’s done now, I’ll be better prepared for Thursday. Cheers Stef x

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.