Alas! Started at 134kg and after 5 meticulous weeks lost only 1kg!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Alas! Started at 134kg and after 5 meticulous weeks lost only 1kg!!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rogw 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I chose this diet because it seemed to work for a lot of people and because I thought it was one that I could maintain for life. I had hoped to lose about 40kg over the next year and a half, but it doesn’t look as though it will be on this diet.
    I’ve been meticulous about weighing and recording every mouthful, on non-fasting days as well as fasting days, so I know that I’ve been sticking to 500 calories on my fasting days and eating as usual on the other days.
    I’ve increased my exercise from almost nothing to gentle walking 3 times a week, gradually increasing the distance, and I’m now able to walk 3km at a time. I’m definitely feeling the benefits of increased fitness so I will continue with this, but I’m a bit gutted that after this much time and effort on the diet I’ve only lost 1kg!
    I’m 60 years old and female, and I understand that both factors make weight loss more difficult, but really, should it be this hard?
    My average daily intake over my 5 weeks on the Fast Diet is 1578 calories. My TDEE is 2300ish, not counting the exercise I’m doing. So, with a negative calorie balance over 5 weeks of at least 25,000 calories, I should have lost heaps of weight. I’m seriously peeved!
    Oh, and did I mention that my blood pressure has gone UP, from 128/80 before I started the diet to 140/80??

Hi marigold
    I understand your frustration as it didn’t work for me the first time and I was really disappointed.

Now, it’s my second time on the Fast Diet and I’m getting on better with it. Basically I’ve registered with http://www.myfitnesspal.com and I realise that last time I was literally just eating too much on my feast days and not exercising enough. I’m 40 and 5ft 3 and after putting this into my profile the site advised me to eat 1350 calories per day to lose about 1lb a week. With 2 fast days per week I’m averaging about 1,350 calories per day and I’m walking as much as I can every day – about 80 mins. And after many years of being overweight and unhappy with it the weight is finally coming off.

Good luck with it, it will start clicking soon I’m sure.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.