Advice needed: Getting disheartened

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Advice needed: Getting disheartened

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Shane2013 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Hi all. I’d really appreciate any advice from your experiences to help me and also any encouraging words from people who have been stuck in a similar situation as getting quite disheartened.

I am predominantly doing The Fast Diet to lose weight, and I’ve been doing it for 7 weeks now.
    In the first 4 weeks I lost a pound every week and went from 12 stone to 11″9 (I am 5ft7) since then I have gained 2 pounds and am now resting at 11″11′

On week 6 I could only fit in one fast day and on my ‘5’ days I have been eating as I normally would and as I did in the first 4 weeks, so by rights I should surely be loosing something.

When I am on my normal shift at work I have a porridge with water and blueberries at 11am and then dinner at 8pm as I find I can cope with the hunger this way, but for these past 3 weeks I’ve swapped shifts to work very early mornings and so have been eating all my 500 kcals for dinner at about 4pm (having not eaten since 4 or 5pm the previous day so getting a good 24 hour fast in)

What kind of things have you been eating on your ‘5’ days please and any other experiences like this that have miraculously turned around?

Thank you, Eloise x

Hi Weez, sorry about your problem. One suggestion is to go to the top right of the home page. Click on faq, you will see a list. Scroll down until you com to question on not loosing weight. It may help. When eating on non fast days I vary my diet but try to stick to the recommended calorie intake, 2500. Sometimes I stick for several weeks then start to shift weight again.
    Good luck.

Thanks Couscous, I will check that section out. I am not in a hurry to lose weight, i’d just love to see SOME movement of a downward trend. Thanks again

Hi weez – exactly the same happened to me the dreaded plateau!! I lost 14lbs with ease really and then couldn’t budge below 11stone 3lb despite throwing in a third fasting day!!!! However in the following 5 weeks I had dropped inches from my waist and legs despite no weight – so keep measuring! I also had an inch loss treatment at the spa which was fairly reasonable cost and since then I am dropping about 1lb a week again. Now down to 10stone 10lb! I also have the same breakfast as you! I think trying something different gets it moving again – I changed from running to cycling. So it could have been the spa treatment, the cycling or my body getting used to its new size and shape – who knows…….but keep going!

I have also noticed that on the odd week I haven’t lost weight I have changed shape for the better! So don’t get hung up on it, just keep it up and the other benefits will kick in and your weight will drop.

when you look at your calorie requirements, are you calculating your BMI at your current weight or your target weight or target BMI? Ultimately, your average calories/day has to be close to what your target BMI/weight requires.

Ah, now this has REALLY confused me tracker…. my understanding is that the TDEE calculator was for CURRENT not goal weight. Otherwise you are showing a BMI for what you want to be, not for what you are. Can anyone clarify this one way or another? Seems a huge confusion is possible here. I do understand that we need to keep checking this as we lose weight as our TDEE goes down, so our daily calories on non fast days also decreases.

It never occurred to me that the TDEE calculator was for anything other than current weight. I had assumed that I simply needed to keep altering my weight as the months ticked by to see what my calorie requirements were as there was less of me and see the BMI drop too.

Thank you Annette52…that’s exactly what I thought.

#1, I wouldn’t get hung up on a single day’s calories.
    Let me clarify the above. Averaged out over the week, you need to be at least headed towards your target BMI/weight’s caloric needs, however you want to calculate it. If your weekly average = current weight needs, then you won’t lose weight unless you increase the caloric burn side, e.g. exercise. If I want to weigh 180#, then between my caloric intake and caloric burn, I at least need to be moving towards that caloric goal for 180#, given my activity level. Hope that makes sense.

That was my problem 6 months ago, I was very fat after I

gave birth. I tried to not eat sometimes but after few

hours I felt so weak and sick. I was so irritated, I

always blamed the slowing down of hormone after birth. But

out of curiousity and eager to lose some weights for the

upcoming baptism of our baby, I checked online what will

be the easiest way of losing weight and gotcha! I found

this incredible way of losing weight. weight loss tip diet

#69 – Eat several times a day. And this is really

effectiive since I am breastfeeding my baby I am not

allowed to skip meals, so since then I follow this tip and

here I have it. I continously losing weight without

affecting my health. Thanks to this site

http://www.150weightlosstips.com now I get back my normal

body weight before having my baby. I lost 12 kg in 6

months.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.