Advice just moved to 5:2

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Advice just moved to 5:2

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I have just finished a 6 week fast 800 diet and have lost 12kg – very happy. I still have a couple of kilos to go but have moved to the 5:2. Firstly I’m struggling to manage to eat enough calories on the non fast days and have put on weight ?? I have only started this week so I don’t know if this is right and I have to be patient or whether I’m doing something wrong ? Anyone had any similar experiences?

What do you mean by ‘struggling to eat enough calories’? There is no minimum calories you need to eat. Just eat less than your maximum on fast days, and normal eating on the other days, which should never be more than you are hungry for. Does that help?

Hi, Nicola. Have you pushed the RESOURCES button at the top of this page to calculate your TDEE? If you faithfully enter the information — being sure to use the WEIGHT YOU WANT TO BE rather than the weight you are now — you will get a sense of how many calories to eat on a Slow or Non-Fast Day. My TDEE = 1400. If I stay at that, my weight stays the same [pretty much]. If I eat more, or eat the ‘wrong foods for me’ [white rice, beer], I gain weight.
    Did you think you were to eat 2000 calories? That is a ‘statistical average’ and does not actually apply to most of us. Did you think you needed to eat 800 calories x 4? Not that either.
    Great job on your weight loss with the 800-cal plan. Way to go.

Thank you for your replies , I had calculated TDEE st 1935 however I was finding it hard to consume this amount of calories so I couldn’t understand how I was putting on weight when i was only consuming around 1200 calories on non fast days . I only need to lose another 2kg to reach my target weight and then I want to be able to maintain this, I’ll keep p going and see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

the TDEE is a maximum, not a mandate. If you are eating 1200 calories on Slow Days, then look to the quality of those calories: lean protein? vegetables? low on the Simple Carbs? i suspect there is a food you like which for you puts on disproportionate amounts of weight, despite being low in calories. As I mentioned above, white rice does that to me.

Good luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.