Advice for After the Fast

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Advice for After the Fast

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bcjmmac 7 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I apologize in advance because, having just found this site, I haven’t had a chance to view it as carefully as I will; so, forgive me if my question doesn’t fit or seems naive.

1 month ago, I started a new regimen: went on a ketosis diet; did a one day water-only fast during the 1st & 2nd weeks; did a 3 day water-only fast the 3rd week. This 4th week, I’m almost finished a 7 day water-only fast. I have maintained a moderate exercise/yoga regiment. I’m pleased to report that fasting seems to agree with me and I have experienced nothing but positive results. Fasting is a newfound friend!

I’m within striking distance of my ideal weight; so, when this fast is over, I plan to continue using bone broth until I’m at my ideal weight. Once there, naturally, my main concern will be maintaining this ideal weight level.

My idea is to have a scrambled egg/bacon keto style meal 2 or 3 times a day(I plan to figure the calories, too.). & endeavor to put together a good eating plan for the future.

Has anyone had good luck with a particular regimen? If so, please let me know.

I’m a 70 year-old guy and do Hot Yoga twice a week and paleo style cardio coupled with resistance training(Squats, Dead Lifts, etc.) twice a week. I lead quite an active lifestyle considering my age. One year ago we had a family tragedy which shook me to my core & I subsequently let myself go while in a state of despair; hence, the need to do all of this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

” a scrambled egg/bacon keto style meal 2 or 3 times a day”? Doesn’t seem very healthy to me, though it might well work in the short term. I have reached a BMI of 23 and am now in maintenance. I have done the opposite of you, eating 2 enormous vegetable based meals and 1 snack with very low cals and a little protein. I could give you a few years, Sanus, so shouldn’t worry about age. I just walk 5 miles 4 times a week and occasionally longer walks. If I fall off the wagon, I do the Indian Vegetarian GM diet for 3 days only but not very often. You’ll get there.

If you handle fasting well, why not shift to a 6/1 (fast once per week) regime? As required, increase # of fast days to shed any unexpected weight gain.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.