ADF #5 (Post July 4th Holiday)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wiltldnrUSA 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Good Morning All 🙂

Got to bed at 1:00 AM after a day of food…family and friends…fireworks and fun…actually anticipating today’s fast. And although I didn’t count a single calorie I noticed that I was taking much smaller portions than I would normally have in the past (and did this automatically!!!) There is hope!

Still by late, the fullness was actually uncomfortable and an early morning cup of tea is all I can manage or want at the moment.

Going to divide and freeze the remaining BBQ pork into managable calorie portions so as to not have temptation just sitting there in the fridge.

Also have watermelon left…which is sweet and nice and not calorie bomb.

So excited. Tomorrow is my first weigh-in since beginning The Fast Diet.

Stopping for afternoon tea…

Breakfast was one lovely soft boiled egg (70 kcal) and a granola bar (100 kcal) and a cup of black tea.

Off to the garden shop and market before the weekend…and picked up a Strawberry Lite yogurt for lunch (90 cal)

Sipping yet another cup of black tea with a dash of cream which I am hoping will buffer the acidic effects of the tea and solve the acid on “fast” days I mentioned previously.

So far 260 kcal leaving me 240 for dinner and bedtime tea.

So very excited to see how this first week plays out tomorrow on the scales. It is all I can do not to peek!

Have explained to my luncheon friends that I have embarked on this new adventure…and of course “fasting” is met with serious apprehension…then when I try to explain the 500 calorie thing their eyes kind of glaze over as though I was talking about Quantum Physics…so…best just to schedule outings on an alternating free day. Hoping for good results in a few months…then perhaps they will see that this isn’t just another of those South Beach or Boiled Cabbage Soup diets.

Picked up a tiny treasure of a new minature rose called “Raspberry Ice” and tucking it in shortly as well as seeding some Black-Eyed Susans (a yellow daisyish sort of flower with a dark center) to bloom in the Fall.

Happy Fasting 🙂

Sums.

Who knew how prominently that MATH would figure into The Fast Diet for me.

The problem 240 calories left for dinner.

And although there was broths and salad and watermelon at hand…there were also the amazing leftovers from yesterday’s holday feast. What’s a girl to do?

Well…this is what THIS girl did.

Since I had bought pre-packaged and calorie information on most of the meal I grabbed a Tablespoon measuring unit… (.5 oz for those over the pond) and broke the calorie count down by Tablespoon.

(…it sounds like a lot of trouble but really it was almost game-like…creative…and I had a delightful tasty dinner and feel full and satisfied…)

Example: Sweet Baby Ray’s Pulled Pork BBQ= 190 kcal per 1.2 cup. !/2 cup divided into tablespoons is 8 Tablespoons…meaning each Tablespoon full equal aproximately 26 calories. Two equaled 52 calories.

I took a large Rose China plate and put 2 tablespoons of the meat on it.

Next was Potato Salad (pre-packaged) which when divided into calories per Tablespoonful was 23 calories per Tablespoon for a total of 46 kcal.

I put 2 tablespoons full next to the small pile of BBQ

Baked beans were handled similarly and netted 20 calories per Tablespoon.

I put 2 tablespoons next to the meat and potato salad.

I chopped a small green salad @ 20 calories and added half a hard boiled egg (35 kcal) on top and peppered it. Dressed the salad with lemon juice.

Added a 1/2 slice of sweet yummy watermelon at 42 calories. (a whole slice is 84)

And a bottle of Zero (vitamin water) 0 kcal.

For a total of (….a drumroll please…)

___

235 kcal.

For a well-filled…completely delicious…varies flavours/textures/spices dinner plate without feeling full or blowing my “fast” day.

When added to The Morning total of 260 is brings me to 495 kcal.

And although by bedtime I will go slightly over with 1 Pim’s at 50 kcal with tea…(545) it will be fine 🙂

Creative calorie counting!

And tomorrow is weigh-in…see everyone then!

carla

cool idea breaking it down 2 tablesp
    fastday tomorrow still have some 4th july leftovers

a nice savory change

thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.