Achieving goal but saggy skin

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Achieving goal but saggy skin

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  AJFELLA 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi there I started the BSD diet in October and lost 10 kg. I am vegetarian and must admit this is the healthiest I have ever felt. I have always gone to the gym – I go 5 days a week. I am 5 ft 7 and now 54 kgs. The problem I now have is wrinkly arms – I have been to the doctor they have tested me for everything. I drink enough water I go to the gym 5 days a week but my skin just keeps getting worse. The doctor has no suggestions – I am 52. Does anyone have a similar problem.

I have now converted to the 5 days normal 2 days 600kgs.

Hi Ajfella,
    My understanding is that how well your skin copes with losing weight depends on your genes: some people have more resilient skin than others, and your age: the older you are, the slower it is to return to its previous state.
    I’m sixty and my arms are still flappy after 15 months of being at my healthy weight. 🙁
    I guess you can console yourself that it would be even worse if you waited longer before losing weight, and you can be hopeful that over time your skin will snap back. Hooray for long sleeves.
    Do everything you can to look after your skin, but also bear those wrinkles proudly, they tell a story about your success.
    Best wishes

AJfella, congrats on your weight loss! I second everything that Cinque mentioned. If your skin is at all dry, moisturizers can help a little. I apply them after showering and often before bed.

AJfella, good job with your weight loss. Some of your fat was under the skin and when it went away, the skin sagged. I know that you go to the gym 5 days/week — are you working on those muscles? Building up muscle can help to make up for the missing fat. Eat lots of protein too, to encourage muscle mass.

Hi there I haven’t stopped going to the gym where I have being doing body pump 3 days a week, grit, cx 2 days, spin classes. I drink lots of water. I always use moisturizer twice a day all over.

Thanks all for your responses but I am still at a loss 🙁

ask your MD.

Hi there I have been to my MD and they have carried out all different tests – they have come up with nothing either. She is now thinking of protein shakes 🙁 I have had ultrasounds, all blood tests, Mammogram. The only thing they found was my cholesterol was slightly high ‘sigh’

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.