About to start my journey

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jenco215 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• I have always disagreed with the norm that dieting that included skipping meals or fasting was bad for you. In fact over the years I have lost much weight and gained it back several times. My problem was that I was doing it “backward.” I would eat as little as possible for as long as possible until I couldn’t stand it anymore and I would gorge for a day or two. I would lose the weight quickly but would inevitably put it all back on (and them some) because I couldn’t keep that up for a lifetime. But then I would get some “will power” again and start the process all over. I am so excited to find this “diet” that I believe I can do for the long haul. It is not constant deprivation followed by gorging, but eating normally then fasting for short periods that are much more agreeable. So, my journey will start Monday with my first fast day. I am excited to start this process and see what I can achieve. Here’s to health, wellness, and for me weight loss!

Hi Jenco,

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will find that with a little bit of time the fast days get much easier. There are different approaches and you will find out what is best for you.

I am having one of those fast days today as I have decided to do 4:3 for a week to speed things up a bit. It is now 5:30pm and so far I have eaten nothing today. This works for me best as if I eat something little during the day, my stomach “wakes up” to food and it wants MORE…so I save my 500 calories for the evening and then I can eat a “proper” emal before going to bed.

For me this is surprisingly easy. I have so far lost 5kg in 4 1/2 weeks and it did not “hurt” me one single second.

Just be careful to not overdo it on the non-fast days. If you can I would recommend to download an app for your android or iphone such as fitnesspal or LoseIt where you can log what you eat for a time so that you can see what contains how many calories.

It is very easy to underestimate i.e. the calories contained in xmas cookies! I have some cookies I just love…but they have 50 calories each single one and frankly I can easily much ten of them without feeling full.

Anyhow, the idea is over time that you do not have to pay attention to what you are eating on non-fast days- and that is the beauty of it.

Good luck with it next week and let us know how you get on?
    Stef.

Haha Stef, are you replacing me as the welcome wagon? 😉

I concur with what you’ve said, I also don’t eat until dinner (I do it every day though, not only on fast days).

I think this WOL will suit you fine Jenco! Keep us posted on how you do and how you do it, and we’ll promise to keep motivating you the best we can!

Thanks for the encouragement and tips! Today is my first fast day. So far so good! Although its still morning for me 🙂 I am starting with the two meal (breakfast and dinner) approach and then I will see how that goes and adjust if needed.

Good luck with your first fast day and let us know tomorrow how it went!
    Stef.

My first fast day is over (yesterday) and it was not bad! I ate a small breakfast and then a small dinner around 7:30pm. In the middle of the day I felt hungry, but it went away when I went to the gym and ran on the tready and did some elliptical work. Only about 35 minutes total. But it did wonders with the weak feeling and hunger pains. Didn’t go to bed hungry and I feel good this a.m. Second fast day will be Thursday and until then I will be watching my total calories for the day to make sure I don’t go over my TDEE.
    Jen

Hi Jenco its good to get started, I have been on it about 5 weeks, I have never stayed on a diet that long before!
    I now skip breakfast, have a wee healthy snack about 2pm, then most of the 500 calories in the evening.
    I have stopped drinking alcohol during the week and don’t miss it.
    After a few weeks I don’t crave all the fine foods anymore, amazingly, but do like to treat myself at the weekends.
    Stick with it, I’m sure it will work for you.
    Let us know how you are getting on.
    Elaine 🙂

Good first fast day, sounds like! Good luck tomorrow, but I’m sure you’ll do fine again 😉

It’s the beginning of my second fast day. Everything has gone well this week. Thanks for all the support everyone! I’ll let you all know how the day goes. 🙂
    Jen

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.