A little advice much appreciated :)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
A little advice much appreciated :)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  HappyNow 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi,
    I’m new here – I’m a 21 year old female from NZ and looking to lose around 15-20kg. I’m currently around the 85kg mark and at 5’7 I’d like to get to around 70kg and see how I feel around that weight.

I was wonderingly at you thought of this plan I have and if you think it’d help me lose the bulk of the weight in the next 6 months or so. Though any loss would be appreciated!

My plan is 500 cals on fast days twice a week and 1500-1600 cals the remaining 5 days. I’m also going to be doing 30 mins or so exercise each day but I understand diet is the main thing in weight loss, that is more for toning and getting myself generally healthier and fitter.

Do you think I’d be able to lose around 15kg in the six months? Is there anything I could do to help me achieve this?

Thank you! Xx

Hi maddy and welcome:

It would seem you can do it with the numbers you have given, but it will be a challenge.

I compute your TDEE around 2100, so you would cut 3200 calories a week from your diet with 5:2. If you also eat 1600 each of the other five days, that will be another 2500, or 5700 for the week. That is about .75 kg a week. If you can do that for 24 weeks, you will have lost around 18 kg, giving you a little room for error.

The way 5:2 works is you go to bed, get up, eat 500 or fewer calories during your waking hours, go to bed, get up and eat to your TDEE or less – twice a week. On all 7 days of the week you can eat foods you want to eat – there are no forbidden foods, or foods you have to eat. For the first month or so focus on doing your diet days correctly (500 calories or less) and most everything else will fall into place.

Here is what TDEE means: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

And here are some tips for beginners: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

You can do it. Good Luck!

Hi Maddy.

I started 5:2 in January at 5ft6 and 72ish kg. I lost 10kg in 4 months, and was then at goal so went on to maintenance (although I have found it hard to stop losing weight). So yes, I think 15kg in 6 months is a realistic target.

I think.what helped me was eating in a 16:8 pattern (on fast days to begin with but then latterly on all days). This is basically eating all your calories in an 8 hour window.

And also I stopped eating processed carbohydrates and sugars during the week. I think this made hunger much more manageable (no blood sugar highs and lows) and stopped me craving carbs (so easier to not overeat).

Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.