A bit disappointed!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lghl 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I’ve tried 5 2 for the first time this week (after losing 7lb in my first week dieting normally) and lost only 3lb, I’m very overweight so was expecting a bigger loss, I’m sure I could have lost that in my 2nd week of dieting without being so drastic for 2 days, anybody else find this?

Hi lghl!

3 pounds in one week is amazing progress!

I have a HUGE amount to lose – I mean HUUUUUUUUGE ….we are talking losing a whole person in weight!

5:2 is not a rapid-result diet….it is a slow, steady and sustainable regime.

I have been losing an average of about a pound a week on 5:2 and am thrilled with this! For the first time I have found a weight loss regime that I can live with! (If you look on this forum you will see my weight-loss diary….I post my weight and thoughts each Sunday…….this week was ‘just’ a quarter of a pound…and I’m trying to be positive about that!)

The ‘big’ loss at first tends to be mainly water, after that it is only natural that your loss will slow down.

Check your figures to make sure you are eating the right amounts…and then rejoice in a whole 3 pounds off this week!…come on, that is 6 packets of butter! Well done!

Hi lghl:

Perhaps your expectations are a bit too high?

Your 7 pounds was mostly water weight, and your three, also. But being unhappy with 10 a pound loss in two weeks – well.

The average weight loss on 5:2 (and most other diets) is about a pound a week. To lose two pounds a week in fat you have to cut around 7000 calories from your diet – 1000 a day. While it can be done, most can’t do that for very long.

The way you do 5:2 is to go to bed, get up, eat 500/600 calories during your waking hours, go to bed, get up and eat to your TDEE or less – twice a week.

This will explain TDEE: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/.

Here are some tips for those just starting 5:2: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

Good Luck!

No.

You might not like it but … rapid weight loss after the first couple of weeks on a diet usually means one of two things: you are ill. Seriously ill, like cancer. I hope you are not.
    Or you eat a very low calorie diet. While this might give you initial rapid weight loss, it is unsustainable long term. Once you come off it, the jojo is set in motion and you end up fatter than before.
    In the very first week of diet it can also mean water weight came off. This would stop after one or two weeks and the weight loss than slows down. So do not assume that the other diet was better or more successful, you might be very disappointed after a couple of weeks.

Slow and steady is the way the successful dieters do it. Sustainable changes in life style are required to keep the weight off and that means gradual weight loss, forming of new habits and learning patience.

Cheers guys & Buttonboots, I too have a whole person to lose too but that truly isn’t my aim, I’m 40 next year & ultimately I want to be slim “er” and healthier!
    I’m familiar with dieting/healthy eating (in yo yo fashion of course) and I know 7lbs in the first two weeks isn’t all fat which is why I usually find my second week a more true reflection of new eating habits, though I know I’m only two steps in to a very long journey and I will read up on this plan more thoroughly. I don’t find the 2 low cal days difficult but each day I was asleep by 8pm so I’m hoping that improves.
    Thanks for the feedback though, much appreciated 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.