7 weeks in and floundering!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi everyone, ,

I’m 7 weeks in and loving it-it’s certainly a change for life. However, it’s the school hols (I’m a teacher), my husband thinks it’s all nonsense (don’t go there!), my usual routine is out of the window and consequently I’m struggling a bit. So, I need to be answerable to someone in order to get my two fast days a week done. Here’s hoping you lovely fellow-fasters can help. Thanks.

Hi Liz,
    Congratulations on 7 weeks of 5:2. Sorry to hear how hard it is. You deserve great holidays (ex teacher speaking). And ofcourse a couple of excellent fast days should be part of each week, or one day a week if that is more manageable.

Are you fasting today?

No, I tried a couple of days ago and just gave up as I was unreasonably cold and headachey. It was the first one I’ve bailed out of, and it was the right decision-I’d done a long run that morning. I’m fasting tomorrow, then will try to get two in next week.

I’ll cheer you on tomorrow. Can you make some soup in preparation as it is often perfect for those times you get cold and headachey.

Generally keeping your fluids up helps too, getting cold can be a sign of dehydration.

LizFig, we are here to help you! If you feel cold again, try a cup of herbal tea. Cinque is right about dehydration: drink water, drink tea, drink coffee. Too bad your husband is not more supportive, but you’ll have to find a work-around for that and keep up your resolve.
    One thing we teachers [I’m retired] count on during the term is the structure it gives us in our day. On school break, try to structure your days using a kitchen timer. Set timer for a 2-3 hour chunk and start a project: organize the cabinets; clean the closets; paint the back bedroom; weed the herb garden. Then have a cup of tea. Set timer for another 2 hours and take a walk. The timer keeps you on track and if you decide not to eat while the timer is ticking, it can help you to stay on your Fast.
    Good luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.