63 and today is my first fast day

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cinque 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I’ve been into HIIT but still experience what I call old age weight creep. So trying this, as it is compelling after reading the book. I have 2 questions. One is are you really finding that drinking keeps some of the hunger pangs at bay? Kind of wanting to eat right now, 4 hours after my 350 calorie breakfast.

Also, I don’t see a book called Fast Strength, so what is being referred to when that is mentioned?

Welcome to the 5:2 Fast Diet forum, Johnnie D. I’m new to this way of eating and the forum as well. I’m 68 and started 13 days ago. I’ve lost 5 pounds (2.27 kg) already and am finding the two fast days much easier than I expected them to be. After all, there are still 500 calories I can eat. I started to plan with two consecutive fasting days because it was near the end of the week and I wanted to be “all in” for the week. So doing the fast days separately the following week seemed easy. The two consecutive days were stressful days for other reasons which I think made it easier. I wasn’t zeroed in on just the food.

I think drinking does help keep the hunger pangs away. I stick to decaf coffees, diet sodas, tea and plain old water. My secret weapon when I get hungry is broccoli. I love the stuff. I take a 1 pound bag of frozen broccoli cuts, dump the whole thing into a bowl and add spices, herbs and a little hot sauce. The I nuke it til thawed and warm. 150 calories for the whole thing and I’m full for hours.

Also, the hunger comes and goes, it doesn’t just keep getting worse all day. Actually, by night it’s pretty much disappeared.

Welcome Johnnie D,

My favourite (re drinking on fast days) is to have broth/soup as my sustenance (and lots of cuppas). Soup has water and salt and other minerals we lose. And liquid does feel the belly and make most people feel less hungry for a while.

Don’t be too scared of feeling hungry though. As Cali says, it comes in waves, and if you can distract yourself it will go away for a while. I tell myself “It is just one day, I can do anything for one day” and think about what a yummy breakfast I will have the next day! I also love the feeling of the hunger pangs because it shows the fast day is really working. Good luck!

Re the Fast Strength: here is the part of the forum with posts on the topic: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/forum/fast-exercise/fast-strength/
    And here is an article where Dr Mosley is talking about it (a couple of years ago) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2934494/From-man-invented-revolutionary-Fast-Diet-2-minute-week-home-workout-yes-fit.html
    Hope that is useful.

* That was meant to be “fill the belly”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.