600 calorie day

This topic contains 3 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  PetieT 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi,

Any suggestions on what to eat on the 600 calorie day? I would prefer to eat that at dinner while my kids and wife eat.

I am vegan so if you could make a suggestion that is vegan I would be appreciative.

Thanks

Fruit for breakfast, only fresh fruit, no bananas. BUT as much as you like.
    Vegetables for lunch but no potatoes. As much as you like.
    Skinny Spag Bol for evening meal. I got the recipe from this forum. It’s basically TVP (soya mince) and loads of veg. Courgetti are good too instead of Spaghetti – get yourself one of these: Spiralizer Vegetable Chopper, Fun Life Hand Held 4 in 1 Vegetable Spiralizer Slicer Food Chopper Cutter Zucchini Noodle & Veggie Pasta & Spaghetti Maker for Low Carb/Paleo/Gluten.
    Good luck.
    PS I’m vegan too!
    Peter
    PS I think you should have half a glass of red wine too in the evening – vegan wine.

I love veggies with hummus. You can also have some bread with it.

That’s one of my favourites too. Love it with carrot sticks and/or red pepper strips. I’m trying to cut out bread, though I eat some wholemeal bread.

I’m not vegan, but I am vegetarian (born and raised from a South Asian family). I follow the 800 kcal version of this diet, so I suppose I have a few extra calories to work with than you do… even still, some of my favorite dinner options on my fasting days include:

*Open-faced lentil burger with lettuce, tomato, onion, and mustard
    *Roasted chickpeas on top of a hearty salad (with a vinaigrette dressing)
    *Vegetable fried rice (I usually include one egg, but you could substitute textured vegetable protein or tofu, which I sometimes do as well)
    *Roasted & seasoned cauliflower (I typically melt cheese on top of mine, but you could mash yours instead and serve it like mashed potatoes with a side of vegan protein)

Hope some of these ideas help. I’m not too familiar with what western vegans tend to eat, but I can recommend quite a lot of South Asian and East Asian vegetarian/vegan options, since I grew up in both environments.

Good luck to you!

Hi @special22

Everything I cook and eat at home is vegan as well. I always save all my calories for dinner in the evening, and find I can make pretty much anything I normally have within the calorie allowance. Saying that, since it’s all I’m eating, I head for the higher-volume and more filling things such as the following:
    – stirfry with tofu and noodles and LOADS of veggies
    – 3 veggie sausages with instant gravy and veg – e.g. peas, fried courgette, carrots, broccoli
    – vegan bolognese like mentioned above
    – baked beans on a bagel (super filling and easy, and high protein too) with hot sauce
    – scrambled tofu
    – enchiladas or burritos – with beans and loads of veg, again!
    – spinach and chickpea curry, or dal
    – pasta with vegan pesto and green veg
    – soups and stews

These are all normal, family type meals everyone can enjoy that I eat together with my family. When in doubt, whack plenty of veg in or on the side to bulk things out for you, and give extra carby things like more rice or pasta for your family. Easy!

600 calories is very low. You should consume more calories

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.