6 stone lighter after 7 months

This topic contains 9 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  annette52 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• I started the 5:2IF just after the New Year. I weighed nearly 23 stone and have lost just over 6 stones since then. I have also reduced my waist size by 8 inches.
    I fast on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For breakfast I have a small bowl of grapefruit and a homemade muesli. Then I have a can of soup and a slice of plain granary bread for supper.
    To be honest I have plateaued a bit recently and probably indulge a bit too much on normal days. I am going to go down to fasting one day a week for a few weeks in the hope of regaining my enthusiasm.
    Fasting days can be difficult. I drink shed loads of water and just try to keep my mind off of the hunger by keeping myself as busy as possible.
    It can be done with a little willpower coupled with the thought that you can eat again tomorrow!

all the best
    Steve

Steve
    That is fantastic! I started in late January and have lost 14kg (91kg to 77) and am very happy and still going. But to lose like you have is truly heroic. When I started (and for the first 15 weeks) I did a total fast on the 2 days and only drank water. It does work, I still cooke dinner for my husband, then drank a glass of water while he had his dinner and wine (he was more uncomfortable about it than me!) But the upside was 2 wine free days a week. Try just water AND exercise (I now swim 4km 5 days a week) and after all you’ve done don’t stop!
    Vicki

Holy Cow Steve!!! That’s bloody amazing – well done you! I’ve lost half that in a year. You’re doing really well.

I know it can be hard on fast days but it looks like it’s been rediculously worth it in your case. Maybe just try to be more careful on your ‘off days’ and stay under your TDEE calorie limits if you’re starting to plateau. You could also play around with how you break up your fast day meals? Not everyone bothers with 2 meals, as a lot of us don’t actually wake up hungry in the mornings. If you have a glass of water first thing and don’t feel that hungry after that then maybe you could see how long you can last before you get genuine hunger pangs before breaking your fast? Just an idea but it might work for you.

That’s amazing Steve – extraordinary achievement. Beyond impressed!

So inspiring!
    Well done Steve.

Congratulations!

that is an amazing amout of weight loss in a short time well done!
    when i hit the dreaded plateau my body was reshaping and inch loss began and thats when people started to notice the changes, the inch loss was enough to keep me going when weight loss stopped. wishing you all the very best in your downward journey xx

Well done! I have dropped 23 kg in 9 months. Your loss is fabulous – you must be feeling SO different. Just before I began 5:2 I had despaired of ever losing weight again…too hard! So I threw away all the clothes that were too small. Then I started to lose quite dramatically. The clothes I had left were literally falling off me – even the very few ‘small’ things I had saved. As I was about to change countries/continents this was in fact a blessing, as I have gone from being a huge collector of op-shop clothes to now owning just one modest suitcase of clothing. What is your ‘clothes story’ like?

Wow well done!

Well done! Fantastic achievement all of you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.