6 months on …

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• and goal weight reached! 5:2 works!

My journey began because I wanted to improve my health. I’d given up trying to lose weight and swore I’d never diet or count calories again because dieting didn’t work for me. I’d had my 62nd birthday and have been a yo-yo dieter for most of my life. I’m a lifetime member of a well known organisation, had tried shakes, calorie counted, used pills …

Yesterday I went to the supermarket and counted 28 500 gm packs of butter, equating to my weight loss so far. Such a great motivator!

What worked for me:
    – not expecting to lose weight so weight loss was a bonus
    – having two flexible fasting days to fit in with my lifestyle
    – staying well hydrated on fast days
    – eating one meal in the evening
    – weighing myself daily and learning to understand my body
    – not counting calories on non-fast day
    – reducing portions by purchasing two small dinner plates
    – controlling food on fast days paid dividends on non-fast days because I felt like eating less
    – eating foods I enjoy, denying myself nothing
    – not fasting on holidays but not over eating
    – tracking using the fast diet tracker

Now:
    I’ve downloaded a calorie counting app to teach me how to maintain. I shall continue with 5:2 because it works.

congratulations! I look forward to posting something similar myself at some point 🙂

I’ve just read this and it’s really inspiring!

Thank you littlepea. Since posting I have lost another 3 kg and more importantly have managed to maintain my weight loss without stress or feeling deprived. I’ve had a thorough health check. All my vital statistics have improved and my doctor told me I have the blood pressure of a 21 year old! 5:2 is working for me. I wish you all the best with this way of life.

Hi I saw you on the December challenge and I am pretty new to this site so wasn’t sure how to write to you directly but I was wondering how you personally maintain ? You mentioned that you downloaded a app to help you track and I was wondering if you eat more on your non fast days to make up for eating less on your fast days so that you stay on that goal weight or do you still do 5:2 with 500 calorie fast days? I’m still not near my goal weight but being a yo yo dieter I’m awfully afraid of getting to my goal and then losing it again, thanks a bunch !

Hi @philippians4-13 Bear with me. I will reply. I’m a little swamped at the moment. I may not have time to reply till Sunday.

No problem ! 🙂

Ona.. Great results due to your healthy attitude and outlook. So glad you found something that works for you.

Philippians, Fasting is a lifestyle. That means you stay on it even after you reach your target weight. I now weigh what I did in 7th grade and still Fast 2 days/week. Very sustainable. Sometimes the weight goes up 1-2 pounds, but then it comes off again. We eat 600 calories total on Fast Days. Because we are now satisfied with less food, we eat less than we used to on Slow Days. There are lots of ways to keep track of your calories on Slow Days and it will become second nature after several months.
    Good luck. You can do it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.