5LB off 1st week

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  dwbslp 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Hi, yes it’s true. I can’t believe it!! I have been doing the ratio 5:2 and also getting a full 24 hours in of fasting. For example Monday night my meal was at 8.00pm. I fasted all day Tuesday until 8.00pm and then I had chicken with bok choi, coriander, spring onion and low calorie dressing. Delicious!! Will keep you posted with how I get on. By the way I call it (on fasting days) ‘I’m in the fastzone’. I am not calling it a diet.

Best of luck …..

Well fine JayneyJ, you must be feeling really pleased!

Well done

Thank you StephB, I am elated, just hope it steadily drops off but I am prepared that some weeks it will slow down or stop altogether. It’s great these forums just to get support, advice and tips. How long have you been doing this?

Puny

Thanks for your support!

Love the fastzone idea. Great news on your weight loss. I’ve never had bok choi, what does it taste like?

Hi JayneyJ, I started at the beginning of June after a visit to my hairdresser who was looking amazing. I asked her what she’d been doing and it turned out, of course, to be the 5:2 plan! My weight loss has been very small in that time and it took 9 weeks for it to move downwards, but it has very, very gradually decreased nevertheless. I took a fortnight’s break from the plan a few weeks ago whilst on holiday but have got straight back into it without any difficulty. Instead of turning to a crash diet pre- and post-holiday I have instead decided to take a more realistic, long term view that if I keep to this plan for the foreseeable future and not go mad on my feast days (which my greedy brain still wants me to do!), I will see a slimmer me in the mirror one day 🙂

Hi StephB, I think it will be a way of life for me. One thing you have to remember if your weightloss is minimal then surely it will stay off long term. Over the years I have increased in weight mainly due to the fact of medication for the latter part, I say to myself that it will probably be a year(s) or so to get back to a size 10/12. I’m not rushing it in fact I look forward to a rest from food.
    I also like this because it gives you a chance of trying new foods. Aniann bok choi reminds me of a peppery lettuce which I stir fried (spray oil)briefly with the other ingredients.

Well, I have made a lasagne for tonights meal which I shall have with a green salad. So looking forward to that!! Yummy!!

Let me know how you progress and I will do the same. Best of luck to everyone. You will see a slimmer, healthier you in that mirror x

I’m about 5lbs down in 4 weeks which I’m disappointed with considering i’m running long 3 times a week and that includes 10mile races…I just can’t get under 170lbs – I’m 5’5 =(

LegoRebel hello and welcome,
    5lbs in 4 weeks is a very good weight loss, its expected to be about 1 lb a week but it does depend on how much you have to lose overall, and this can change week to week depending on your lifestyle, the more you need to lose the more comes off to begin with, the closer you get to your ideal weight the slower weight loss can be, this plan is not a short term fix, but if you stick with it the changes will come, best of luck on your journey xx

4 weeks in and 10 lbs down. I don’t expect to keep losing at this pace, but I’m very happy about the results so far. I think the fact that you have a very defined limit for only 2 days a week is great. I have found myself being good on my days off because the fast days have made me far more mindful of what I am eating. Eating whole grains, such as steel cut oats and brown rice, paired with high protein such as fish or Quorn, seems to help me stave off hunger and I feel better the next day. I snack a lot on celery too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.