500 calorie diet vs 5 day fast

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• hello, i’m looking to lose some fat. what’s better, 500 calories (protein shakes and vegetable-fruit juice) or fasting for 5 days? i find both to be very easy for me. way way easier than the classic 1500-1800 calorie diet. since it’s way faster and it’s not as painful. i’m currently 184 cm 70kg. which one of the 2 will make me lose the least muscule? (i’m thinking the 500 calorie one because i will be getting some proteins for my muscules form the shakes). also will workingout during this help? i’ve heard people say that it helps because your body will not lose it’s muscule because it’s being used

Neither of your options is what Fasting/5:2 is all about. This is a way of life which teaches us to eat more sensibly over time. It is NOT the ‘classic 1500-1800 calorie diet.

Not eating for 5 days, doesn’t sound sustainable. You will resume the eating style you had before and then gain back the weight. If you can water-fast for 5 days, then surely you can Fast 2 days/week.

Drinking protein shakes and juice means depriving yourself of good fiber, nutrients, and the enjoyment of real food. On a Fast Day, you get to eat 600 calories of real food: eggs, chicken, fish, vegetables, fruit.

Yes, both of these methods will lose weight but they will also cause muscle loss. Working out to maintain muscles will be useful. But I urge you to try actual 5:2 methods to lose your weight and keep it off for a lifetime.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.