5 month challenge

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Thisonepleasework 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• So I started this week. Planning to fast Monday, Wednesday and Friday. but swapping Friday for Saturday this week!

Having quickly lost 18lbs on Atkins last year and then having a 4 month binge I’m too scared/embarrassed to weigh in. Will give it a week and then take the plunge😬

First fast on Monday and Wednesday went well. I got the balanced for you meals and they seem to do the trick.

As a migraine sufferer am really worried about headaches so have been guzzling gallons of water throughout the day and so feeling good for it.

Gonna use this thread as a weekly check in for public accountability.

Excited for the next entry next Saturday morning!

Hoping by 01/07/16 I will be at my target weight. Not sure how many lbs that is until my first weigh in!

Hi Thisone,

Don’t try and treat this like a diet. People generally crash and burn on diets. Go at a slow and steady pace. This is something that you want to do for the rest of your life, so pick a pattern/pace that is do-able. Once you hit your target back it off to 6:1 but make sure you keep doing it. You don’t want to get on the merry go round again.

Do you have a favourite binge food? Grab it out of the cupboard and bin it. For me it was chocolate, biscuits, chips and ice cream and sugar drinks. All gone, haven’t said hello to them in over a year.

Thanks big booty, great advice. I’ve cleared my cupboards of binge food now. Just have to be careful when I’m out and about!

So I had myfirst weigh in on Saturday. As I didn’t weigh myself at the start I can’t say how much I’ve lost over the two weeks, but weighed what I was expecting. I’ve got 23.5 lbs to loose.

So far I’ve found this fairly easy. Have got a pattern going of having a balanced for you meal at about 1900 hours on the fast days -Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The feast days are generally healthy. I expected to eat all the forbidden to foods. But just haven’t fancied them. Although knowing I could is great!

Week 3 -2 lbs off 😀😀

Found Wednesday’s fast the most difficult so far.
    If I struggle like that again I’ll split the 500 calories between lunch and dinner.

Need to start exercising now…

I haven’t had a migraine in the 4 months I’ve been doing ADF and I don’t think that reducing calorie intake would have any effect on frequency or severity anyway.
    Drinking lots of water is always a good idea though as you may get ‘normal’ headaches if you don’t (as well as feeling generally a bit rubbish).

Hi pot bellied, I’ve just found that missing meals in the past have caused miagraines, but possibly that has been because of a roller coaster of blood sugar levels!

So +1.5 this week.

Had two fasts instead of three and was pretty unhealthy on the non fast days. Also bad totm.

Will be more conscious of what I’m eating on non fast days from now on.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.