44kgs and counting

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• So, this is more a motivational ‘if it’s there it’s real’ type post but I have a lot of weight to lose and this seems to be a good way to go about it. I have tried a lot of fad diets, weightwatchers etc over the last few years but a lot of them are difficult either because I get bored or their is a real emphasis on meat *cough, weightwatchers, cough*
    Does anyone else have a lot to lose and fancy a weekly check in type thing so we can share the good, the bad and the ugly with each other to encourage us to do a bit better?

SSxx

Sounds like a plan! I, also have tried various fad diets, paid countless money on WW and Slimming World and each time get bored and each time and every diet I have attempted, I have ended up heavier than when i joined or started! The first time I joined WW must of been around 15 years ago and I remember being totally horrified when I weighed in at 11 stone….my goodness how I would love to be 11 stone now!!!

Now aged 40 (plus 2 children later), I weighed in two weeks ago at 14st 1 lbs and my target is 10st 5 lbs. I only came across this diet in the last couple of days by chance, when I started 2 weeks ago the 3 day military diet which a colleague had tried. Now, I must say I did it for the 3 days in the first week and last week could not face the thought of more beetroot! This diet gives you an exact amount of certain foods you can eat and for me was too limited! However I must say, the feeling I had after the 3 day fast was amazing! So, I did some research and here I am!

On Friday I purchased the “Fast Diet” book and recipe book and for the very first time in my life, I can honestly and confidently say this is for ME! The book, which I have now finished and this is the first diet book (and trust me, I have every single one)I have actually read every single page! The health benefits are amazing. So, tomorrow I am going to visit my GP and get my blood tested!

I going to start day 1 fast tomorrow and can’t wait! It would be great to have a buddy to check in and share with each week or so! xx

Wow! Way to go! If people are comfortable with this , it could help some, but there is a vast difference in how people are responding to fasting, and it’s not one size fits all. Don’t turn it into a competition. If it helps, do it. If it makes you a better person, more encouraging , less judgmental– cool. Be careful.
    Remember, skinnier doesn’t always equate to more valuable. You are priceless already.

Hi piper, that is exactly my thinking. It’s about sharing and trying to make it a bit easier for people by giving them somewhere to discuss how they’re doing and more importantly how they’re feeling about it πŸ™‚

keilly I haven’t read the book but the research sounds promising so I thought why not! My first fast day is tomorrow because I don’t have a lot going on and thought this might encourage me not to snack…we’ll see how it goes!

Let me know how you got on πŸ™‚

SSxx

Hey, if you’d accept another straggler, here I am πŸ˜‰ I’m on the road to losing 25 kg. I currently weigh in at 14.5 stone and I want to get down to 11 first and then see where I’m at.
    I’m also a fan of fat% though, not just weight, because I’m quite strong. I currently have a muscle mass of around 40% and a fat percentage of about 38%. I want to get the fat down to the low twenties.

Anyway, goals like that aside, I just want to feel good in my body again! I’m a black belt martial artists but lately I’ve only felt bad when going to training because of my weight. I’m doing a year abroad at the moment, I’m going home late August 2014 and I want to baffle people then with my new body…

Oh I’m 22 by the way.

so relieved– go for it

Hi guys! I’d love to join as well. I have anywhere between 20-30 kilos to loose. But i’m starting with an aim of 5 Kilos and taking it in mini goals.
    Is there another forum where we are posting weigh ins?

Looking forward to hearing how you all are going. πŸ™‚

Im a 24yr old Accountant from Australia. πŸ™‚

Hey Eidos! Well there’s a number of people who just make their own topic to keep track of their progress, you can always do that. I don’t think there’s a specific weigh-in topic. And if there were and everyone started posting it’d get chaotic really fast no? xD

So how do you ‘join’ a post? Or is it just down to someone starting a new one each week with some common words in the title so we know where to look?

“joining” a post… Well you can tick the box for follow-ups. That way you get new posts in your inbox.

It’s been quiet around here though! I kind of forgot about this one to be honest because I have my own tracking topic…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.