4:3 support buddy :)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  LA Chubster 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi guys, I hope everyone is on a healthier and happier journey. I have about 18-20 lbs to lose but I would value a support buddy on what app perhaps or text just to check in and stay accountable. I want to lose body fat before my 30th. If anyone else needs a buddy I’d be happy to support too 🙂

Hi Harpeet!
    I’ve read most of your posts, and we seem to have very similar “food personalities”, meaning we both feel we often have control over our eating, and then something (bad) happens, and suddenly overeating seems like the only solution to get rid of the bad feelings. I’d love to be your support friend, if you still need one? Send me a personal message and we’ll find a way to keep contact with each other.
    Big hug/ Swedish 27 year old female.

Hi Harpreet and SwedishOne-

I’m probably older than both of you and I bet I have a whole lot more weight to lose but I’d be happy to join you in your efforts.

I’ve been doing 5:2 since the week before Christmas.

Are you really doing 4:3? Do you do 3 consecutive days? Doubt I’d make that third day.

I do a water fast the 2 days of the weekend when lots is going on. It is much easier for me not to eat at all than to limit myself to 500 calories.

During the week I eat a very large salad — as many actual vegetables as greens plus beans — for lunch and protein like salmon or chicken for dinner. The only snacking I permit myself is chicken broth or tomato juice if my stomach is churning up with acids. That happens to me a couple days a week (I’ll have to monitor which days that is).

Anyway, I’ll be here too. And happy to lend any support I can.

Hi both 🙂 i hope you are well. I am glad someone responded! I am sorry for the delayed response @swedishone oh my gosh, you hit the nail on the head! I was soo good last week, then after a weekend away i drank, ate rubbish food and felt terrible and did it again! Now i’m all panicked thinking I wanted to lose a decent amount of weight before my 30th end of Feb, but I’ll have to accept that I can’t lose it all by then.
    @LAChubster great to hear from you too 🙂 age is irrelevant! Wow a water fast? That sounds tough, I couldnt do that-do you find it works for you? Just make sure it is safe for your body. It sounds like you make some great food choices and the broths are a good idea, I had not thought of that! I was doing the 4:3 every other day – I’d like to do this until the end of the Feb at least then do 5:2.
    My problem is as soon as im stressed, feeling deflated, losing confidence I break my resolve and that’s no excuse i know, but a bad coping habit ive developed.
    Are you both on whatapp at all? We could make a group, look forward to hearing from you guys 🙂

Hello – I have started today doing 4.3 – lets support each other ! what have you lost so far doing it ?

A water fast is not hard for me. For me, eating and having the flavor and lure of food in my mouth and then having to try to refrain from eating everything in my vicinity is hard.

I agree with you that breaking through that wall of doubt and habit and impulse is the hard part of a fasting diet. And yet, once you (and I’m using that editorially not making a personal remark) do it, it becomes surprisingly easy. I began on this thread saying I didn’t think I could do 3 consecutive days. But the truth is I have less hunger at the end of my 2-day fast than I do at lunchtime on the days when I’m eating.

Before I’m done trying to lose weight and belly fat (and that won’t be soon 😔 ) I think I may try a 3-day fast. And one day I’ve got to try alternate day eating. I just suspect that the discipline might be tough for me.

What is the app you speak of, Harpreet? I am not current on computer technology. I started with a Mac some 20 years ago and haven’t really evolved with developments. But I’d love all the support I can get for the long road I”m on (I’ve got 60 pounds or more to lose). And I’m willing to try to adapt. 😏

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.