4 weeks in and I'm delighted!!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
4 weeks in and I'm delighted!!!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  hondakawi 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• After 4 weeks on 5:2 I want to sing its praises for the benefit of anyone just starting out on their fasting journey! So, a bit of background about me 🙂 2 years ago I lost 2 stone with slimming world. After spending the majority of my adult life yo-yoing with my weight (I had gained then lost 2-3 stone about 3-4 times in 12 years) I decided enough was enough. No more fat clothes, no more being disgusted with myself and having to loose loads of weight again. I would have a target weight, live my life and if the scales went 7lbs over my target weight I would get back on the diet wagon. This has worked pretty well for me for 2 years (I tend to need to diet 2-3 times a year) but when I’ve needed to diet again the weight loss has been incredibly slow as I’ve had a small amount to loose and my shape never really changed.

Fast forward to 5th jan this year. I had been pretty bad over Christmas and was 7lbs up so needed to get back on the wagon. Only I couldn’t get motivated to do slimming world again. I’d just got fed up with it and how slow the weight loss was. A close friend had raved about the fast diet and despite the fact I thought I would really struggle on fast days as I LOVE my food, I decided to give it a go. I won’t lie, the first 4-5 fast days were really tough but I made it through and now on my 9th fast day I’m finding it loads easier. I just drink loads of water and black coffee, keep busy and save my calories for my evening meal so I can go to bed feeling full. On my non fast days I try and eat sensibly but I do drink wine at the weekend, eat chocolate most days and have the odd takeaway pizza and curry. The difference is I have smaller amounts and don’t see it as ‘breaking my diet’. I have also been exercising but not religiously, mainly HIIT type training for 10-20 mins 2-3 times a week.

So after 4 weeks I have lost just over 4lbs! Usually I’d only lost between 1/4 and 1/2 a week so this is a great loss for me. But the biggest change has been in my shape overall. I have lost 2 inches from around my waist, 2.5 inches from my hips, 2 inches from around my bust and 2 inches from around each thigh. I have taken some progress photos and compared them to the ones from when I started and there is a big difference. It just shows how much internal fat I am losing, it’s like I’ve been at the gym every day!!!

I can see this being a long term solution for me going forward and am loving the new found confidence it is giving me. I’ve even bought a new dress in the size down, it doesn’t fit yet but I will keep going till it does. For the first time in a long time I’m even thinking that a lower target weight is realistic now! Now I know the losses will slow down soon and I might even plateaux at some point but I’m determined to keep going regardless, I can do this!! Oh, and my husband who has been doing it half heartedly with me (who has about 3-4 stone to lose) has lost 10lbs too! Brilliant stuff.

Thanks for letting me share, here’s hoping for a good February too!

We’ll done on your progress so far. It’s fab to hear other peoples success stories it’s nice to know there are other people going through the same thing.

Keep up the hood work xx

Well done that is great. I am sure everybody has a slow down in their weight loss but people on these forums say they are still losing inches when they plateau.

Best of luck keep it up 🙂

Congrats to you and a big well done!,

I bet that dress will look gorgeous on you in no time!!! 🙂

Well done lilyb keep up the good work.
    I want to loose 2-3 stones love 5.2 see it as a way of life, lost 5lbs so far really pleased + my husband as started it today.
    Best wishes to you 🙂 x

lilyB
    Fantastic news after such a short time!

Don’t worry about a plateau, it’s just a normal part of weight loss.My weight didn’t budge for a month, but i shrank by 7 inches!

Well done! Great to hear that your husband is also losing, you may just have an ally there too.

Please give us regular updates.

hi, just wondering on your non fast days what kind of meals yoiu ate? did youu drink alcohol, i was thinking of eating a few slimming world meals on non fast days but not all days,i also like my wine (probably too much,so thinkinhg of one weekend night of wine instead of 2 nights, any thoughts?

rach x

Great job! Keep going! We will be!
    xxx

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.