4 weeks in and 16lb lost

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
4 weeks in and 16lb lost

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Avalanche 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I have struggled with my weight for many years. I’ve tried various diets and while I have had some success I normally end up bouncing back and even beyond where I started. I am at the stage where even taking exercise is a struggle as I’m too heavy.

There are many reasons for my weight gain. Or should that be excuses. Firstly, I am a very fussy eater. I dislike most veg and in particular detest onions. That is unfortunate as most food has onions in it and unless they are well stewed I can’t eat the food. I also love food and large portions. I can easily demolish a large Pizza Hut stuffed crust pizza myself.

My final excuse is my life/work balance. I work away from home Monday to Thursday and stay in hotels. I don’t have access to a kitchen and end up eating takeaways and restaurant meals. Not a good combination.

I have recently found keeping up with my 7 year old son a struggle and became conscious that my clothes were getting tighter. While I had maintained my weight at around 18 stone in the last few months it increased to 18 stone 8 lbs. I’m just over 6 feet tall so my BMI is 35 meaning I am clinically obese. My a family history of heart problems that does not bode well for the future.

4 weeks ago I was chatting to a colleague who told me about the 5:2. Due to my dietary fussiness were options are limited but I decided to give it a go.

In the first week I went at it quite hard, doing almost 4 fasting days. At the end of the week I’d lost 8lbs. In each of the last 3 weeks I’ve been quite strict and even found myself cutting back on my “fat” days. I’ve survived my “thin” days on yogurt, tinned tuna, cooked ham, chicken and salad leaves. I don’t care much for leaves but a good dash of balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of finely grated parmesan cheese makes it edible.

This weekend has been tougher with a couple of heavy days of eating and drinking so I may have a bit of a setback. I also have a couple of night out during the week so will have to work hard at fitting in my two “thin” days.

I haven’t set myself a target weight and my wife and I have both agreed that I will keep going until I feel I’ve done enough. Hopefully as the weight comes off I’ll feel more like exercising and that will help with further loss.

If anyone is thinking that this diet is too hard; believe me it isn’t. If I can do this then anyone can.

Hi, Dash-
    My problem is the opposite- I love almost all foods! Roasted Brussels sprouts send me into euphoria- as does sauteed Broccoli Rabe with garlic and pine nuts. Ditto pasta and salami. Not to mention wine with that food. But I cook what I like, and I like what I cook, so I wind up eating too much. Since you have to do take out a lot, try to find better alternatives. Wendy’s actually makes a pretty good, non-greasy chili. Do they have a “Chop’t” where you are? They do one salad that is fabulous- Arugula with white beans, artichokes and shavings of Parmesan.
    One thing to remember, this is not just about calories and weight, but nutrition as well.
    I just started this, with only one fast day so far, so I hope I can be as successful as you!-A

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.