30 somethings looking for a motivation buddy on Whatsapp?All ages welcomed :)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
30 somethings looking for a motivation buddy on Whatsapp?All ages welcomed :)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  sukipear 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Hi everyone, I hope you are all well and achieving your goals 🙂 I have been on the forum and posted previously and also done the 5:2 and 4:3 with good results. However I am disappointed to say I have royally slipped off the wagon 🙁 I am at my heaviest to date and need to lose 2 stones. I guess my motivation has really waned after years of dieting and after many personal challenges in my life I’ve lost my mojo. I cannot bear to put on anymore weight and would love someone to buddy up with. I hope to start next week fasting, is anyone else feeling this way? I mentioned 30 something only because I know someone may be in a similar position but of course happy to hear from anyone. Thanks all, happy fasting *she said guiltily drinking wine* :/ 🙂

Hi Harpreet I’m new to this , (just done 2 weeks). Yesterday’s FD was the hardest and could have done with a buddy! I just moved out of the 30 something last year and feel that is working against me. Let’s do this! X

Hi Harpeet,

I have tried 5:2 and 4:3 in the past and was successful but for the last year I was not looking after myself and result + another stone. I’m in my 30s and find it to be more difficult to loose weight compared with when I was in my 20s. I hope that this time I will not treat this as a diet but rather will manage to change my lifestyle for good.

I would love for a whatsapp buddy! Where are you located Harpreet? I am doing 5:2 since 10 June and lost 7 lbs till now, but still find fast days difficult, and on non-fast days, it it tough to be under TDEE. I am in my mid-30s, and I like this WOE, where I can eat my favorite foods on NFDs 🙂

Hi guys, soo lovely you all replied 🙂
    @merryberrymama well done on starting your journey! 🙂 but yes it really does get harder as we age, the weight seems to pile on quicker and is harder to keep off. How have you been finding your journey so far?
    @leenasar omg we sound like the same person! I was doing well and just stopped looking after myself and gave into rubbish and lots of wine to run away from my problems, such a non helpful approach i know but it’s just been me burying my head in the sand 🙁
    @minimee I’m in the UK, England, how about yourself? Well done on the 7lb loss that’s amazing!Half a stone down already. Has everyone else started fasting yet? I havent but need to start asap! thanks again for replying 🙂 x

I’d be keen – I’ve only just started 5:2, and have had a few weeks that were actually 6:1 because life got in the way! It would be great to have some buddies to help motivate me 🙂

I’m in my mid 30s and definitely find it harder to lose weight than I did in my 20s. I lost some then, but it’s all just crept back on… And it’s finally got to the point where I’ve said ‘no more’.

I live in New Zealand, so time zones might work against us, but I’m game if you are…

This sounds amazing and exactly (pleeaase!) what I need lets do this!
    So we can spend some time figuring out the following:

Will you be doing the 6:1, 5:2 or 4:3?
    Which will be your fasting days?
    What are your short term goals i.e. 1 week from now, then 2 weeks, then 4 weeks?
    What obstacles do you foresee?
    How will you overcome them?
    I can email you my phone number and we can start a Whatsapp group?

Looking forward to this guys x

I’ll be doing 5:2, ideally fasting on Monday and either Weds or Thurs (I’m still trying to work out what will be best).

My main goal is to lose waist size, although that will only be accomplished with weight loss! I haven’t set any short term goals, but I’d like to get to my goal size by November for a friend’s wedding.

I’m not sure how to go about setting up a WhatsApp group to be honest – might be easiest if I give you my number here? I can’t see how to do it privately 🙁

Karla

Hi guys,

I hope you are all well? Had an absolutely AWFUL both at home, work, personal life etc urgh. Certainly not helped my weightloss cause. Today is my first real fast day, if anyone is still keen to join it’d be great to support one another. How is everyone getting on? I have a wedding this weekend which I’m dreading, all the ‘oh you’ve gained weight’ comments – I was going to say I need to grow thicker skin but I think that’s the problem to begin with lol, too much thick skin! *yikes*
    I hope you guys are doing better, happy fasting x

Hi ladies, I am looking for a WhatsApp buddy as well. Do you have room for one more? I posted a message on the message board, but got no responses so far …. 🙁 I definitely need some motivation on my fasting days … I love using Whatsapp

Hello ladies, am I too late to join this? I’m in my 30s, hoping to lose around 2 stone, and just finished my 2nd fast day of week 1!

I’d like a whatsapp buddy (or buddies) too. BookGirl and bugabuy, do you fancy setting up a group with me? I’m in my mid 30s. I’ve already lost a stone, have another stone to go but my weight loss seems to have plateaued recently and I’m losing motivation.

Hi sukipear:

If you have been losing, why give up? This might help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/on-plateaus/

Good Luck!

I’m not giving up. Just looking for a bit of extra motivation to keep me going while the scales aren’t moving. Thanks for the info. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply.