3 weeks no weight loss and bloated tummy

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
3 weeks no weight loss and bloated tummy

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ripdanwinkle 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi all first time poster, go gently with me!

I started the diet in February and got instant results and lost a stone by Easter. I had a week away in Easter so did a 6:1 week.

Since then I haven’t lost any more weight and have gained a couple of pounds, I’m also bloated round the tummy area and last week had a burning pain in the stomach which thankfully has gone.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

I’m finding the fast days much easier so won’t give up as feel the other benefits.

Thanks.

I am a first time poster too and hope that I can bring some help and encouragement.

I started the 5:2 plan in February also and lost weight consistently and shed 15 pounds in 7 weeks. I am 5’4″ tall and now weigh 122 pounds and am delighted with my quick results and the program. I did experience some bloating and stomach pains at some times but that seems to have stopped.

My questions for you are:

Have you had a physical recently to make sure that you don’t have a health issue that could be causing he stomach pains?

Are you recording what you eat? If so, try to figure out what is triggering the pain and bloating. For me, on a Fast day I can’t it beans or grains…that what was causing both for me. Also found out that mushrooms don’t agree with me.

What does work for me on a fast day is a scrambled egg (non-stick pan, no butter) with either spinach, kale or broccoli (lots of it) and part of an apple for breakfast. I skip lunch….drink lots of tea and go shopping, walking or anywhere away from food. Dinner is usually a kale or spinach salad with chicken, the remainder of the apple and 2 tsp. of my favorite Poppyseed dressing. If I have calories leftover, which I often do, I have some strawberries and a small piece of dark chocolate. On those days I weigh and measure everything to be certain. The other thing is that I exercise at least 30 minutes every day…even if it is slow…but every day.

Good luck to you!

Sounds like you’re constipated. Have you been drinking water, eating fiber, and walking?

I should add that if that’s NOT it, and doing those simple things doesn’t make you much better right away (or if you’re already doing it and you know you’re not constipated), you definitely need to see your doctor.

I can’t tell whether you’re male or female from your post, but women with unexpected and unexplained bloating should always be evealuated for ovarian cancer. It’s rare to have ovarian cancer with these symptoms, but women who have it often have these symptoms. In other words, don’t fret, but get it checked out.

Hi all its my first day doing the 5 2 plan,any good tips to get me through my first day!! thanks

Thanks for the replies. I’m a male. The pain has gone completely but I’m still bloated around the tummy. I’m not constipated and this is now the 4th week with no weight loss. I’m being very careful with my 600 cals and if anything I’m consuming less on my days. Don’t know why it seems to have come to a grinding halt! Any advice gratefully received!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.