24hour fast…any time of the week???

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
24hour fast…any time of the week???

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  peeky1 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Can u do your fast any time. For example can I wake up, eat until 2pm stop and fast until the following day at 2pm or do u have to wake up and start it straight away…as long as your fasting for 24hrs does it matter what time u do it??? All advice welcome. I’m interested to know the answer as it would be easier for me this way thanks peeps xxxx

A 24 hour fast only is not a guaranteed way to lose weight, but you are welcome to try.

The way the typical 5:2 eating pattern works is on your fast day, you get up and eat 500/600 calories by the time you go to bed. The other non fasting days are the same, from when you get up until when you go to bed, you eat reasonably, or if you can’t tell what reasonably is, up to your TDEE and go to bed.

If you are trying only a 24 hour fast, the recommendation is to eat reasonably before and after the 24 hour period.

If you don’t lose weight, go back to the typical fasting pattern of eating 500/600 calories while awake.

Some who are following the typical 5:2 way of eating, try to not eat anything from after the evening meal the day before a fast until the evening meal (500/600 calories) of the fast day and then nothing more until breakfast the next day. That is includes a 24 hour complete fast. This works to lose weight – at least for me it did.

I do keep my fast days to be while awake on one day.

Thank you for your advise much appreciated xx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.