2016 – the year I see 10 stone on the scales!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
2016 – the year I see 10 stone on the scales!

This topic contains 40 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Topcat2 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 41 posts - 1 through 41 (of 41 total)

• Hello to all,

I’ve been a visitor to this forum for the past two years but only really browsed stories, dipped into occasional conversations and only once or twice posted my own subject but today I decided that I am going to start my own little blog on here.

I’ve read so many stories of people who have kept a weekly track of their progress and found them really inspirational so thought I would jump on the band wagon too πŸ™‚ plus keeping a weekly log may keep me focused and motivated.

So, where to start…. firstly, I originally started this way of life in December, 2013. My original weight was 13 stone 2, which I wasnt happy with and my main reason to kicking myself into gear was the fact that I was getting very close to 15 stone and as I am a horse rider, I would end up not being able to ride at some stables.

I stuck to 5:2 quite well up until June, 2014 when I went on holiday for two weeks. Up to this point, I had lost 13 lbs, which I was quite impressed with – it may not have been fast but it was still a good loss.

After the holiday, it all kinda went a little pear shaped! I struggled to get back into 5:2, began to think that it wasnt for me and tried several other ways – exercise, no carbs, watching what I am eating etc. It didnt quite work. I kept dabbling in 5:2 but not completely focusing on it.

On the 2nd November, 2015, I got my mind straight and went back into 5:2. My weight had gone back up to 12 stone 9 (it fluctuated from between 13 stone to 12.9). I got back into the swing of 5:2 and set myself a target of getting down to 12 stone by Christmas. I was beginning to think I wouldnt make it but sure enough on the 18th December, 2015 I reached 12 stone – which I was over the moon about.

Obviously Christmas has got in way and I put on 5 lbs over the festive period, putting me up to 12 stone 5 last week. I have done my two fasts this week and have dropped to 12 stone 2, which I more than happy about.

So, my goals….my ideal weight for my height, according to the NHS, is about 9 stone 7. I dont think I’ve been that weight since I was in primary school πŸ™‚ It feels quite low to me, so initially I am aiming for 10 stone. I have 30 lbs to lose.

In 27 weeks I go on holiday for two weeks, so my aim is to be around 10 stone by then – the 8th July, 2016. I know that puts it that I should be losing just over 1lb a week and being realistic, hitting 10 stone in 27 weeks is probably not likely due to other interfering factors such as birthday’s, Easter (big chocolate fiend) and long weekends, coupled with the fact that the lower my weight gets, the harder it is going to be to shift a lb a week; however, I am keeping 10 stone as my long term goal and even if I can get to 10 stone 7 or 11 stone by then, I will be happy – but to keep my mind focused, so that I dont become complacent, 10 stone is my goal.

I will be putting weekly updates on to keep me focused – probably on a Friday each week, as that’s my weigh day.

So for this week, the details are as follows:

Week 1
    Start weight – 12 stone 5
    Current weight – 12 stone 2
    Goal weight – 10 stone
    Total lost so far – 3lbs

Who knows, I may get to 10 stone 7 and think that I dont look right. I do have a longer term goal after the 10 stone mark …..there is a horse at the stables I go riding at who has a low back meaning that only riders under the weight of 9 stone 7 can ride him. He’s such a beautiful horse and I really want to ride him, so once I am comfortably at 10 stone, I will be looking at that 9 stone 7 mark πŸ™‚

Goals, goals, goals…you cant beat them πŸ™‚

With the exception of horse riding, the occasional short walk during the week and potentially longer walks at the weekend, I will not be exercising. Sounds lazy and daft I know but I tried Jillian Michaels workout DVD’s earlier this year, which I thoroughly enjoyed and although I may have lost inches (I never measured myself so I do not know) the scales stayed at the same weight week in, week out, even though I was dabbling in 5:2. I can hear it already ‘throw out the scales’, ‘you shouldnt be relying on the scales’…all valid points but for me, right now, I want those scales dropping numbers. Plus I am currently working full time and studying for a degree, so my time for working out is well and truly taken up.

I will at some point get back into exercising and I am not ruling it out completely, I just do not see the point in bullying myself to work out when I do not have the time or compulsion. Diet first, exercise second and as they say, losing weight is 90% diet, 10% exercise – those figures are probably wrong but I am positive that my diet needs to be sorted first.

Right, so I think that covers everything – see you in a week! πŸ™‚

Love to all x Jilly x

Hi Jilly,

I started 5:2 in January 2014 at 11st 5 (72.4kg), with a goal weight of 10st (63ish kg). At that time the NHS website suggested I should aim for about 9st7 (the middle of my healthy BMI range). Like you, I thought that was a stupid unachievable weight. I chose 10st because that was probably my lowest adult weight and one that I had been reasonably happy with.

Anyway, I passed 10st in April 2014, and then reached 60kg (9st 6) in May 2014 (while trying to stop losing and start maintaining). Since then I’ve pretty consistently been in the 59-60kg range.

I’m a bit taller than you, so you might not lose weight at quite the same rate, but your goal, and timescale, seem achievable.

Think positive! You will be riding that low backed horse this year!

Oh, and I didn’t start exercising until I’d lost my weight, so inactivity is no excuse!

What must I do I am aged 43 my height is 165cm and my weight is now 110kgs and I must lose to 70 help me

Pick your two fast days, whatever is most convenient for you. Then JUST DO IT. Try and stay active on those days, go out shopping, or for a walk etc. People usually overcome boredom by visiting the fridge. Cut out sugar. No soft drinks or that rubbish that passes as breakfast cereal. That will be quite hard as sugar is addictive. If you can overcome that you’ll go a long way to success. Now pick your fast day and post your success ASAP.

Hi humba and welcome:

Here is the information you need to be successful with 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

But you have to want to do it, and then do it.

Good Luck!

Afternoon all!

Well I said I would update on Friday but Friday turned out to be incredibly busy, so decided to update today.

Last week went ok, did my two fasts as normal and ate fairly well on my other days – no major hiccups I can think of πŸ™‚

Since starting this way of life two years ago, I find that my fast days are fairly easy…I know what I am going to eat each fast day and just get on with it. I’ve also noticed more recently that on my non-fast days I am much more mindful of what I am eating and on some occasions even turn away food due to feeling full or knowing that I am not actually hungry.

Unfortunately, this doesn’t always ring true on the weekends – this weekend in particular has felt quite bad …cheese, crackers, chocolate, kfc….not great but will be back on the horse tomorrow.

There’s another strange thing about this way of eating, although I do splurge on occasion, when it comes to my fast days, I actually look forward to them, I find they are like a detox….especially after a junk food weekend! never thought I would actually enjoy fast days!

Anyway onto my results….

Weighed myself on Friday and my results were as follows:

Week 2
    Last weeks weight – 12 stone 2
    This weeks weight – 12 stone 1
    Loss this week – 1 lb
    Goal weight by 8th July, 2016 – 10 stone
    Total lost so far – 4lbs
    Left to go – 29 lbs
    Number of weeks left – 25 weeks

I was looking to get back to my pre-Christmas weight this week (12 stone) but alas it was not to be; however, a lb is still a lb and definitely in the right direction.

Looking at the dates, its already looking like I am going to be at least 4lb away from my goal weight come July, but 10 stone 4 is still a long way from where I was, so I’ll still be happy with that I guess!

I forgot to mention last time that I also have a few short term goals to keep me going along the way.

My first short term goal is to get to 11 stone 7 which is 8lbs away, so going by losing 1lb a week, I would like to be at 11 stone 7 by the 11th March, 2016.

So my results moving forward will be as follows:

Week 2
    Last weeks weight – 12 stone 2
    This weeks weight – 12 stone 1
    Loss this week – 1 lb
    Total lost so far – 4lbs
    Goal weight by 11th March, 2016 – 11 stone 7
    Left to go – 8lbs / 8 weeks
    Left to go – 29 lbs / 25 weeks

lots of different results but will hopefully keep me focused!

Hi HappyNow – well done on your weightloss! That’s very good to hear that you kept going past your goal! I’ll probably stick with 10 stone but much like you would not want to get much below 9 stone 7.

I’m hoping I can achieve my goal but any weightloss is a bonus! πŸ™‚

glad to hear your similar on the exercise front. I just feel that I would be disheartened if the scales starting plateauing again…im completely expecting to plateau but I want it to be because my body is adjusting, not because exercise is putting a halt on it. Plus I don’t want to start exercising and end up doing a routine that isn’t sustainable…if I’m going to exercise then its going to be doing things I can maintain i.e. horse riding

Anyway, that’s me for today…hopefully will be updating again on Friday after my weigh in and hopefully ill be reporting that I’m back to 12 stone – wish me luck πŸ™‚

Hi jjm87. My goals are practically identical to yours. I started last week at 12 stone 4 (I fasted Tues and thurs) on Saturday morning I was 12 stone 1. I don’t weigh straight after my second fast as my 500 cal tea is pretty huge so if I weighed myself Friday morning I’d be heavier! I have a holiday mid June and I’m aiming for 10 stone 7. I’ll be following your blog as it’s the closest to my weight/goal weight as I’ve seen on here.
    I’ve done 5:2 in the past…then sacked it off…..then started it again! I really want to stick to it this time. I’ll keep you updated with my progress too 😊
    I find this forum much more informative and supportive than the Facebook groups. I’ll be checking in weekly. Reading your post has really helped me as I was talking myself into a ‘new diet ‘ already! Even though I’ve lost weight!!!! low carb…1000 calories a day etc! but I do know that 5:2 works and when I look at pics I’m cross with myself for talking myself out of it before! It’s 2 days a week! I’m feeling positive after coming back on this forum. I’m dying to see that 10’13 (and lower!) On the scales. Good luck to you and to everyone on here😊

Hi Lollie82 – thanks for your post! so nice to find someone on here who is at a similar stage with similar goals πŸ™‚

firstly, well done on your 3lb loss last week!

I usually fast Monday’s and Thursday’s and weigh in on Friday’s, as I usually split my 500 calorie allowance over two meals (lunch and dinner).

so nice that you’re heading for a holiday goal much like I am and it would seem as though we have had a similar history with 5:2 – I also sacked it off and then went back several times. I also find that I know deep down that 5:2 works but cant help but be tempted by other diets…I was looking at another diet on Sunday knowing deep down that it would be no good for me and I had lost weight too πŸ™‚

The whole reason I setup this blog was because I found other peoples stories motivating…even if those people hadn’t lost for weeks at time, it was nice to hear their stories….so very glad that its helped you change your mind about switching diets.

I’ve gone through a similar stage of being upset with myself that I haven’t stuck with 5:2 as it quite clearly works, I have already lost a stone through this way of life which I do not feel would have been possible on other diets.

glad you’re feeling positive and I look forward to hearing about your progress….im dying to see what 11 stone and below looks like too…don’t think ive ever seen it on the scales EVER!

Good luck to you for the rest of the week….I’ve had a bit of a naughty night tonight….had a quite good day with a low cal sandwich, a banana and apple to eat, but have come around to my mums tonight to eat 3 x pork sizzling steaks (sounds a lot but they were very thin…honestly), a pack of tortellini and green beans followed by 5-6 biscuits πŸ™ ….hopefully ill be able to rectify this downfall through the rest of the week.

cya on Friday πŸ™‚

Hello
    I did 5-2 last year from March to early November and lost 28lb. I went on holiday to visit my son in USA and from then on sort of slipped of.

2 weeks ago I plucked up the courage to step on the scales to see that 7lb had been gained………I was gutted, but had no one else to blame.

I’ve managed 4 fasts so far and I’m fasting today, my weight as of last week was 12st exactly so I’m with you as I so want to see the 10st again. Doing this in small chunks and set myself small goals even if I see 10.13lb would be lovely.

Holiday booked for first week in May which by my calculations is 14 weeks time, 1lb a week = 14lb I’d be happy with that

Onwards and downwards

Hi Jayne.Lizzy,

Good to hear from you and it would seem you have similar goals to Lollie and myself – all around the 12 stone mark, all looking for the 10 stone region. Im fairly certain we are all going to get there and that 7lb you gained will drop off you no problem πŸ™‚

I’ve set myself small goals too – first one is 11 stone 7 by the 11th March, 2016 – no particularly relevance to that date, just that it’s 8 weeks away from now πŸ™‚

Looks like we are all after a loss prior to holidays too πŸ™‚ together we can do it!

as you say, onwards and downwards πŸ™‚ good luck for the rest of the week πŸ™‚

Jilly

Hi folks, I’ve just started 5:2 in a bid to get rid of my belly and see 10stone something on the scales instead of 11 something. I’m not overweight for my height, I’m very fit, but age is really working against me now and I feel I must get a grip before I start seeing 12-something on the scales.
    Got my second fast day tomorrow, then first weigh-in on Friday. Best of luck everyone.

Happy Friday all!

Hope you are all having a fab day!

So, its weigh in day πŸ™‚ havent had too bad a week – did have a bit of a biscuit binge on Tuesday night and a potato carb fest on Wednesday night but otherwise it hasnt been too bad…yesterday I had a particularly manic day at work so ended up skipping lunch and just having my normal evening fast meal…lots of calories cut πŸ™‚

Anyway, my results are as follows:

Week 3
    Last weeks weight – 12 stone 1
    This weeks weight – 12 stone
    Loss this week – 1 lb
    Total lost so far – 5lbs
    Left to go – 7lbs / 7 weeks
    Left to go – 28 lbs / 24 weeks

So I lost 1lb taking me back to my pre-Christmas weight πŸ™‚ hoping next week to see 11 stone 13 which I havent seen on the scales for a good 5-6 years! Anything beyond 11 stone 13 and it is unknown territory! πŸ™‚

Hi Topcat2 – hope you’re first week has gone well. Seems as though we are all in the same boat, all aiming for 10 stone-ish πŸ™‚

Hope you’ve all had a good week and I look forward to hearing your weight ins!

Jilly

Hi Jilly and Everyone,

Well, week one was a bit of a success – 4lbs lost πŸ˜€ I don’t expect to continue losing at this rate, but it’s a nice start. If I can shift another 10lbs I’ll be back to the weight I was in my twenties – and I actually feel it is achievable this time.

Yesterday’s fast was very trying, but I’d also run 5km, so no great surprise! Just been out for pizza, but my diet is generally very healthy – there’s just too much of it – so I don’t care about eating junk every once in a while.

Good luck everyone xx

Hi all, this is my first post here, but I’ve been on the 5/2 ages. Jjm87, your start weight, your target and your approach to it all sound very like mine. My top weight in late 2014 was just shy of 12-7 my best yet was edging under 11 st just before Xmas 2015. I’m shedding the Xmas addition now and looking forward to seeing that 10 at the beginning again.My target for 2016 is to reach my weight goal … but last time I was this weight my son was starting school and now he’s at uni … I Don’t know what my weight goal is! I’d love to get to 10-7 … And my dream target is 9-13!

As of now I’m 11-2.5 and my short term goal is under 11st by 18th Feb, when I’m off on holiday.

Looking forward to hearing how you do

Hi, another 10 stone wannabe. I’m working hard to get back into 5.2 after Xmas break. Presently weigh 11 stone 13, put on 6 lb over holidays. Have suprise weekend away March 14 with hubby (his Valentines day pressie) so would love to get to 11. 11 by then. Have holiday mid June and would love to be around 10 7 by then. Started this in September 2015 at 13 stone 4 so at 5 ft 1 need that magic 10 stone ASAP, ! Happy fasting…

Hi everyone.

Just in the middle of my third fast day and all is well. I’ve decided to be relaxed about the calorie counting – I’ve used fitness trackers in the past and know what 500kcals look like (of my own recipes anyway, I have to err on the side of caution when eating out.)

My calorie intake over the week is far less than it was (I can feel it in my hunger pangs!) so I’m not stressing about overeating. Yet. I’m waiting for the day when the scales start going back up and I throw a fit and head for the chocolate πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
    Good luck everyone xx.

Hello fasters! how are we all doing? its been an absolutely manic week for me with work and study ….so I’m very glad that its almost the weekend! thought I would post tonight in case I don’t get chance tomorrow – still weighing myself but have the feeling its going to be a very long day!

I had written responses to each and every one of your posts but my wonderful computer decided to wipe them and it had already taken me the best of 20 minutes to write and I’m afraid I don’t have the energy to re-write….apologies πŸ™

I will say welcome to the new posters and congratulations to topcat on your loss – that’s wonderful. From reading your posts you are all doing brilliantly and I am sure we will all be seeing the magic 10 very soon – on the scales and in the clothes πŸ™‚

Topcat – I’m with you on the calorie counting and junk food. I have in the past calorie counted on 5:2 but found it such a pain….I know its meant to do you some good but it just puts me off and makes me rebel….im fairly good with knowing how much ive eaten and on my fast days I tend to eat similar foods – there are some fast days when I know I go over the 500 but I’m certainly not going to stress about it – even eating 700 calories is better than the 3000 I was eating πŸ™‚ I also have no intention of cutting junk food completely – I will admit I am a lot more mindful of what junk food I eat and especially during the working week I am rather strict but come the weekend I am lot more relaxed…if this is meant to be a sustainable way of life then its got to fit into my lifestyle and if that means I slightly overindulging on the weekends then so be it…saying this, I do know that the way I overindulge now is a lot less than what it used to be….I strangely feel like my stomach is shrinking and cannot handle as much food….I certainly know about it if I have eaten too much food πŸ™‚

also, I have started to notice that on fast days I’m going longer without food …in fact I’m getting the temptation to go without food for an entire day or at least go through to my evening meal….will think about it tho – as the saying goes “don’t fix what aint broken” πŸ™‚

anyway – weigh day tomorrow – hopefully I will have lost although not entirely sure as I overindulged at the weekend and went out for a meal with my mum on Tuesday night – fried calamari followed by steak and chips and a finger of twirl chocolate! I refuse to beat myself up tho, I went out for a lovely meal with my lovely mum and I do not intend for this way of life to result in me sacrificing time with my family and friends – I’m all for losing weight but I’m all for living too πŸ™‚

anyway, I’m getting sleepy now as well as a crick in my neck! hope you’ve all had a great week and will update you tomorrow, if I get chance πŸ™‚ look forward to hearing about your week and successes too πŸ™‚

Jilly x

Hello all,

well as predicted, I wasn’t able to update on Friday but have managed to find a little time now before I go out for a meal for my boyfriends birthday πŸ™‚

So this week, as mentioned in my previous post, I was not really expecting to lose any weight due to big binge over the weekend and meal out on Tuesday; however, I was nicely surprised on my weigh in on Friday……

Week 4
    Last weeks weight – 12 stone
    This weeks weight – 11 stone 13
    Loss this week – 1 lb
    Total lost so far – 6lbs
    Left to go – 6lbs / 6 weeks
    Left to go – 27 lbs / 23 weeks

wooohoo! I got to see 11 stone 13 on the scales πŸ™‚ a weight I haven’t seen in 4-5 years πŸ™‚ chuffed much. Plus I’ve lost almost half a stone in 4 weeks – not something to be sniffed at, so I’m fairly happy and it means that I am still on course for my 11 stone 7 target on the 11th March, 2016 πŸ™‚

well as mentioned I am out for a meal for my boyfriends birthday this afternoon and I certainly wont be skimping. Had a bit of better day yesterday but still managed to polish off a two course meal at frankie and bennies and some jam on toast but trust me that it way better than last weekend’s binge….so I am improving πŸ™‚

Hope you’ve all had a good fasting week and cya on Friday πŸ™‚

Jilly x

great support and good info in thise pag wow

Hi everyone,

I just got back from a long weekend away celebrating my birthday. Lots of fresh, healthy food was eaten, a few glasses of wine drunk, no exercise at all. Should have fasted yesterday, but as it was my birthday I wasn’t going to deny myself, so I’m fasting today instead.

This is now my third week and despite getting off to a fab start losing 4lbs in week one, last week I stayed the same. I was a little disappointed, but I can see physical changes – my stomach is definitely flatter and I can fit into some of my old trousers again. This is great for me so I’m going to keep going.

Jilly, I’m glad you understand what I mean about not being so strict. As long as my clothes are looser and my pot belly keeps shrinking I’ll stick to what I’m doing. I’ve even reverted back to the exercise regime I did in my twenties, as that was when I think my body was in its best shape.

Weigh-in again on Friday. Not expecting much due to the lack of exercise and increased wine consumption!

Hi Topcat,

Happy Birthday for yesterday and glad you enjoyed your weekend away!

Shame you didn’t lose anything this week but you’ve still lost 4lbs and that’s quite an accomplishment already! As I have read a fair few times on this forum, the body just doesn’t like losing weight – it absolutely loves gaining weight but panics like made if you lose weight, especially in large chunks, so im sure ull be back on track in no time. As you say, you are now fitting into old trousers again – I cant wait for that, some of my clothes are a bit looser but I daren’t try them yet in case they make me depressed :)glad you’re going to keep going πŸ™‚

Yes I completely understand not being too strict…it only leads to a fall in my opinion.

Not sure whether im expecting a loss or not this week…had my boyfriends bday at the weekend and ate plenty of cake and a lovely LARGE meal and my boyfriend also made some flapjacks, rocky road and brownies too…so I have had to have a taste….he put some in my lunch box today but I have got to admit that after eating my small sandwich, I took a bite of each and couldn’t eat much more…ended up bringing them around to my mums to share after tea  tea by the way was a sausage and leek pie – sounds unhealthy but its one of rosemary conleys, quite tasty and filling but certainly took longer to make than the recipe suggested….30 mins my bum! My large (but slightly decreasing) bum at that!
    
    Hope your fasts going well today – I fasted yesterday and im fasting again on Thursday. Hoping for 11 stone 12 on Friday πŸ™‚ fingers crossed
    
    Good luck for the rest of the week!
    Jilly

Hello fellow fasters and happy Friday πŸ™‚

Thought I’d take the opportunity whilst I am fairly quiet to update for this week.

Had a fairly off week if I’m honest…boyfriends birthday on Sunday which resulted in left over cake during the week! My fast days were good as always; however, Tuesday and Wednesday were slightly questionable – boyfriend made cakes to take into work on Monday night, so I had to take some – ended up sharing them with my mum. Then on Wednesday night had my tea of salmon en croute with veg and LOTS of potatoes, followed by half a slice of cake – I did have a full portion but felt guilty part way through and fortunately my boyfriend said he still felt hungry, so I handed it over πŸ™‚ a calorie shared in a calorie halved πŸ™‚

It was a very strange feeling about the cake – I was craving it before tea and after tea I wasnt too fussed but thought well I’ve made a plan to eat it. So I cut myself a slice and kinda picked at it. Got half way through and all I could think about was the fact that I may not lose weight this week if I ate more and all of sudden, I felt full. Guilt, and suppose in some sense, fear overcame me….now as some of you may have read, I refuse to stop myself from having things I am craving but clearly something in my brain has clicked to say “yes you’ve had some of it now, you dont need all of it”…this will obv not work at the weekend as I still havent got it into my head not to think of the weekend as time off and binge eating but its a bit of a revelation. I have done 5:2 before and always been a bit “well its my non fast day, so I can eat what I want” – this time around I dont seem to have that mindset….its great πŸ™‚

Anyway, I’ll stop waffling now and get on with my results:

Week 5
    Last weeks weight – 11 stone 13
    This weeks weight – 11 stone 12
    Loss this week – 1 lb
    Total lost so far – 7lbs
    Left to go – 5lbs / 5 weeks
    Left to go – 26 lbs / 22 weeks

Lost another 1lb πŸ™‚ very pleased to see that come off πŸ™‚ I am now in unknown territory as I’ve never seen 11 stone 12 on the scales! πŸ™‚ clearly I have been 11 stone 12 at some point…i didnt just skip up to 13 stone 2 from birth πŸ™‚

Had another nice moment this week too – yesterday and today I have tried on two pairs of trousers for work, both of which were fairly tight last time I tried them on and I hadnt worn them for a while for that very reason. Well, I tried them on and they both fit nicely. The pair I have on today used to cut me in half, now there is a very small gap between me and the trousers and they are a dress size down….huge smile went across my face this morning when I saw that….definitely motivation to stay away from cake πŸ™‚

Anyway, id better get back to it πŸ™‚ Horse riding tomorrow and hopefully a long walk out on Sunday with the cameras πŸ™‚

Hope you all have a fab week – cya next Friday πŸ™‚

Jilly

Hello folks.

I lost another 1lb this week and was able to wear the swimming cozzie I bought last summer, but couldn’t wear because there were bits squeezing out all over! There are still bits squishing out, but not enough to stop me wearing it πŸ˜€

I’m finding the fast days quite easy. I usually have one day a week where I’ll eat anything, but on the others I’m pretty good.

Still got 9lbs to lose to reach my goal, but realistically, as long as my stomach is flatter and my clothes fit better I’ll be pleased, regardless of what the scales tell me.

Well done Jilly on getting into your trousers – feels great doesn’t it πŸ˜€

Good Morning All!

It’s Friday!!!! πŸ™‚

So this week hasnt been too bad – not too many dramas or bad spots and the scales this morning……

Week 6
    Last weeks weight – 11 stone 12
    This weeks weight – 11 stone 11
    Loss this week – 1 lb
    Total lost so far – 8lbs
    Left to go – 4lbs / 4 weeks
    Left to go – 25 lbs / 21 weeks

Yay another 1lb gone!!! and today I’m wearing another pair of trousers that I’ve avoided due to feeling too tight and this morning ive put them on and they fit lovely πŸ™‚

I’m loving how easy this feels at the moment – last year when I was doing 5:2, I got stuck at 12 stone 5 and just wouldnt move for several weeks and now im a whole 8lbs away from it and dropping at a nice steady pace too πŸ™‚

I would love to know what clicked back in November, 2015, what changed in my mind to make this easier….granted I am not expecting it to stay easy, I know at some point I will plateau and have low points but right now I am really enjoying the ease of it – diets have never been easy for me in the past, but this way of life certainly feels it πŸ™‚

Had a bit of “wow is this really me” moment again this week (like last week with the cake) – we had brown rice, with veg and piri piri chicken on Wednesday. I did the rice to the portion stipulated on the pack 75g per person. When it came to serving it the portion looked huge!!!! now im a huge carb fan and i do not turn down rice but something has changed and all of a sudden, the rice just looked far too much…..saying this, I’m also not a person who wastes food so I did eat the portion, after giving a small amount over to my boyfriend πŸ™‚ but still to look at a portion of food and say “thats far too much” is another brain wave for me.

Also, last night my boyfriend was making sandwiches for us for today – since November, 2015 we tried something new by only having half a sandwich each for lunch Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s, halving the calories we would normally have; however, Friday’s the sandwiches were kept as normal i.e. not halved. So last night he asked whether I wanted a full sandwich and I looked at it and said ‘no’ – again I said no to extra food and its friday, essentially my weekend off from fasting!

I will admit, however, that I do have a piece of home made dundee cake in my lunch box – but at least i’ve cut the calories on my sandwich πŸ™‚

I may also be getting the itch to do some exercise too….dun dun dah πŸ™‚ I follow a couple of fitness instructors on facebook and they’ve been sharing the results of some of their followers and within half a year some of the changes are amazing! so of course, its tempting to get back to it. I did read online that you shouldnt do exercise because you have to, you should do exercise because you want to …in other words you should enjoy exercise otherwise you’re never going to get anywhere by punishing yourself with it. I suppose this rings true with horse riding, I never view it as exercise, its just something I truly love doing and have done for most of my life. My boyfriend has taken up fell running which I think is bonkers but the smile on his face after he comes back from a run is pure gold!

Im going to mull it over and perhaps add in a day or two of some jillian michaels exercise but my one concern is plateauing because of exercise, so thats the only thing putting me off. I’ve done jillian michaels and got stuck at the same weight for 8-10 weeks, which is seriously demotivating, especially as I couldnt see any physical changes either. The only thing I did notice was generally feeling fitter, I was going for walks with my boyfriend and not even breaking a sweat, whilst he panted behind me πŸ™‚ quite nice, as hes definitely the fitter one out of the two of us πŸ™‚ – as I’ve said before I know people wont agree with scale watching but right now, the numbers decreasing is what I want to see, its my motivation.

Anyway ill stop rabbiting on now πŸ™‚

Congratulations Topcat on your loss and great news about being able to fit into your cozzie πŸ™‚ im with you on finding the fast days easier πŸ™‚

Hope you all have a good week and see you next Friday πŸ™‚

Jilly πŸ™‚

Morning all

I’ve not checked in for a while so here is an update

Lost another pound this week which make my weight 12.1 really need to push onward to get into the 11st bracket.

Mondays fast went without a hitch, but Wednesdays was so different…….I was cold (not that unusual for me) also a headache which is unusual. I can normally go without food till my evening meal but I had to eat something, so hubby had an apple with him and that made feel so much better, I’m not going to try and figure out why it just happened. Evening meal was haddock baked in the oven with broccoli, carrot and swede mash.

Last night I was out visiting friends, it was a non fd so I when I was offered home made cheesecake how could I refuse, I’m suffering this morning with a headache think mainly due to the very rich chocolate cheese cake. Can’t seem to tolerate the same amount of sweet sugary foods now

Have a great weekend everyone and be kind to your self

Hi all, I’m 11st 0.5lbs now & on track for my going-on-holiday short-term target of under-11-stone. I’ll be stepping on that plane weighing less than I have in years (though I’ll probably come back a couple of pounds heavier!)

It’s a big deal for me to get under 11 stone and I’ll be really delighted to see that 10 on the scales, even if it is followed by 13.5!

Hi All, I too am wanting to get to 10 stone. I was almost there in August last year but after a set back when my Mum died, taking early retirement, Christmas, loss of motivation etc I am now up to 11 stone 1.8 lbs.

I started off at 12 stone 13 lbs back in September 2013 and was doing so well, even getting below my target weight of 10 stone 5 lbs and then it all went wrong. I knew I had let things slip but, to be honest, didn’t care. This was partly due to the fact that I knew I would be able to lose it again as I know this way of eating works.

So I have now given myself a good talking too and am determined to get back into it and stop the rot.

Good luck to everyone else, I am proof it can be done, just hang in there. Linda

Hi All,

No change on the scales again for me this week, but I’m enjoying this “diet” and I feel better doing it, so I’m sticking with it. I wore my too-small-last-year swimming cozzie again today and decided to congratulate myself for wearing it with pride instead of scrutinising and thinking “I could still lose a couple of inches there”. I really shouldn’t be so hard on myself.

On the subject of exercise I would say don’t use it as a weight loss tool at all. Some people will lose weight by exercising, others will gain, depending on who you are, genetics, your diet and the type and frequency of the exercise. The fitness industry seems to have become obsessed with getting everyone to lose weight – what happened to exercising because you enjoyed it? What about all the health benefits – improved circulation, lower blood pressure, increased flexibility, improved sense of wellbeing, increased bone density, increased capillarisation, increased lung capacity, stronger heart..?

I am a fitness instructor/personal trainer by trade, but over the years, especially in my group classes, I haven’t noticed any of my regulars lose weight, but I have seen them improve their fitness and the fact that they keep coming back tells me that they must be getting something out of it other than weight loss. I’m hoping it’s because they like me, but it’s probably because they have formed friendships and just enjoy being active.

Seriously, find an activity you like and do it. Regularly. For life.

As I tell everyone – if exercise made you thin I’d be a size zero!

Hello fellow fasters and happy Friday πŸ™‚

Well another fasting week done and this week I did decide to incorporate some exercise – so I started back on Jillian Michael’s 30 day shred again! I do love her program and followed it for 10 weeks last year so thought I’d get back to it.

I know I said when I started this post that I wasnt going to include exercise but I’ve been getting fidgety and I’ve seen some before and after photos of normal women who have been working out and if im honest, I now want a more toned physique and the only way I am going to get that is through exercise.

So eating wise, its been very good – no real bad days really….so for my results….

Week 7
    Last weeks weight – 11 stone 11
    This weeks weight – 11 stone 12
    Gain this week – 1 lb
    Total lost so far – 7lbs
    Left to go – 5lbs / 3 weeks
    Left to go – 26 lbs / 20 weeks

And as I expected I put on weight – only a lb but still in the wrong direction; HOWEVER, I have a slightly different mindset to this after doing some research this week in anticipation of putting on weight.

The Jillian Michael’s program is fairly tough and involves weights as well as cardio….although I’ve only done the workout 4 days this week, it will have taken its toll on my muscles and after reading up, it has become clear that muscles become inflamed when you exercise and need water to repair, so my muscles are swollen and retaining water, hence the increase in weight.

My boyfriend has also some done research this morning (he didnt initially believe my reasoning for putting on weight but after research, he now believes me πŸ™‚ men!:) ) and somewhere on the internet a professor or personal trainer has said that people who are just starting to work out after a long period away from exercise will put on weight for the first 1-2 weeks, so I am also expecting to have put on weight next week too and if im honest, I kinda think ill either keep putting on weight or maintain for long periods of time.

So with this being said, my weight goals may no longer be achievable; HOWEVER, I am not going to give up on them. I also decided this morning to take some measurements so that I dont get discouraged by the scales:

Week 7
    Waist – 79cm
    Hips – 107cm
    Right leg – 67cm
    Left leg – 67cm
    Right arm – 33cm
    Left arm – 33cm
    Bust – 94cm

So Ill be monitoring these on a weekly basis moving forward as well πŸ™‚

I enjoyed the benefits of exercising last time – I was much fitter, it just didnt show in my appearance. Id go for walks with my partner and not get out of breath, whilst he was panting behind me and with summer coming up, I could do with getting back to that πŸ™‚

My trousers are still loose and I have another pair of trousers on today that didnt fit nicely several months ago, so the weight is going somewhere πŸ™‚

I know that I am definitely not overeating, so that is definitely not the cause of the weight gain – I’ve been losing a lb a week steadily for the past 7 weeks and the only thing I have changed this week is my exercise routine πŸ™‚ will just have to see how the measurements go moving forward.

Hope you’ve all had a good fasting week – cya in a week πŸ™‚

Jilly πŸ™‚

Could I jump in as a new user?
    I’ve also used 5:2 before successfully but the weight had crept back on when I went back to not watching what I ate. I’m another that wants to be in the 10’s!

I started dieting on 12/01/16 at 12st2lb. I kickstarted my diet by low carbing/high fat. I also got a fitbit to get my normally lazy bum moving and I have been exercising. 3x gym per week plus doing couch to 5k and 30 day shred (normally only once a week though) I try to exercise 5 out of 7 days. I do log my food though as I’m useless doing it on my own.

I get bored on a diet long term so I’ve come back to 5:2 as it’s easy to maintain.
    I have a holiday in 6 weeks and I have a goal weight of 10st 7lb (fingers crossed).
    I haven’t been in the 10’s for 6 years and today I’m 11st 1lb so I’m almost seeing 10 something on the scales at last.
    After holiday I’m going to aim for 10st

Stats are
    Starting weight 12.2
    Current Weight 11.1
    Goal Weight 10.7
    Loss so far 1.1
    8lbs to lose in 6 weeks (but I’d be more than happy to shift 6lb before I go)

😠 I’ve just posted on here only to find I’d been logged out! I’ll try again…

I didn’t weigh myself last week because I’d had a mixed up kind of week. I changed my fast days to accommodate all the stuff I had going on and didn’t feel like it was a particularly successful week.

Anyway, things got back on track this week, I even ate a bar of Dairy Milk the other day, stepped on the scales this morning to find I’ve lost another 3lbs. I was so staggered I got on the scales three times to make sure πŸ˜„ And all this despite checking my measurements yesterday and seeing no change (although I’m taking this with a pinch of salt – I can never remember where to place the tape measure for consistency!)

My conclusion is that even with some disruption – life just gets in the way sometimes – this plan is easy to follow and if you keep the faith it will work. I’ve had weeks of no change/put a pound on, but six weeks in I am 7lbs lighter so I’m sticking with it.

Hope you’ve all had a good week xx

Hello, please can I join you too.
    I to am a horse rider jjm87 and I’m quite sure most nags will take your weight, not a pony though.
    I too am at 13st and want to achieve 10st.
    Have posted on other threads about how lazy cooking wise I am and some lovely people have given me lots of recipes to try.
    I ride my carriage horse now as she was finding the driven work too much as she is getting on, 24yrs. She is well up to weight being a Clydesdale X, so we potter and have the odd blast. The pony I drive tells me loudly he reckons I’m too heavy so there is my motivation to drop these yards of flesh.
    More motivation is Summer coming and it can be really, really hot so find it very uncomfortable and sweaty.
    Just coming to the end of my 1st week, started at 13st 5lbs, so have dropped 5lbs which no doubt is water. Now I’m terrified to eat anything incase I put it all back on!!
    Exercise… I walk the doggies and garden and ride, but it’s pretty low key. Should I join a gym? any thoughts anyone? I know my fitness levels have dropped dramaticly. Couple of years ago my muscle mass was greater than my body fat. Lazy with a capital L.
    The stomach also preceeds me into the room, and my face is fat.
    So onwards and upwards as they say. I am determined to get down to 10st with your help. Thank you all. X

Just checking in, its been 8 days since my last post.
    I’ve been doing two fast days (but 800 cals rather than 500 as I find that really hard) and watching my calories the rest of the time to make sure I’m in deficit. I was hoping for a pound and a half but I seem to have lost 2!
    Current stats are:

Starting weight 12.2
    Current Weight 10.13
    Goal Weight 10.7
    Loss so far 1.3
    6lb to goal

So I’m finally in the 10’s!!

Hi Guys!

Sorry its been a while – its been manic and I’ve come down with a cold over the past two weeks, so I havent had much motivation to update on here. Plus with having a cold I havent exactly been good with fasting or exercising, so was on the verge of giving up on this blog but decided today that, as I have some free time, I would update again and try to get back into the swing of things!

So whilst I’ve been ill I havent been exercising – I have read that you can exercise whilst ill and some even advise it if it is just a light cold, which mine has been; however, illness put my motivation on the floor so I decided just to rest, especially given the fact that I have to get up an hour earlier to work out, I figured the extra hour rest would do me good πŸ™‚ thats my excuse anyway πŸ™‚ I did go horse riding which did me some good im sure.

Fasting has been difficult with a head cold – I have managed it but I havent been as good on my non fasting days and last Thursday (a fast day) I had a doner kebab and chips for tea. Also a couple of weeks ago it was my birthday, so lots of meals out and chocolatey food πŸ™‚

Regardless of this tho, my weigh ins havent been that bad:

Week 10
    Last recorded weight – 11 stone 12
    This weeks weight – 11 stone 11
    Loss since last recorded weight – 1 lb
    Total lost so far – 8lbs
    Left to go – 4lbs / 0 weeks
    Left to go – 25 lbs / 17 weeks

For the last 2-3 weeks I have maintained at 11 stone 11, which given what I have been eating and the lack of exercise, is pretty darn good πŸ™‚

I gave up on measuring myself several weeks ago as much like what topcat mentioned, I just couldnt remember exactly where I was measuring and the lack of accuracy bothered me, so figured Im just going to continue weighing myself and seeing how I feel in my clothes.

Talking of my clothes – they are still getting looser – I will have to go shopping at some point as a number of my work trousers now no longer fit πŸ™‚ hoping that once I get properly back into fasting and exercising, the weight loss will continue at the same rate πŸ™‚

It’s a shame i’ve not met my short term goal and I probably wont meet my long term goal for my holiday but Im not going to give up – I just keep remembering that I was 1.5 stone heavier than this a couple of years ago, so I am still going in the right direction πŸ™‚

MishaB I must say your weight loss is amazing – to lose over a stone since the start of the year is amazing – well done!! I cant wait to see 10 on the scales πŸ™‚

Good news on the 3lb weightloss as well topcat!! ive done that in the past too – getting on and off the scales just to double check they arent broken πŸ™‚

Hi itwhat – welcome πŸ™‚ i’ve double checked and the horse in question does have an upper weight limit of 9 stone 7 due to a back problem – most other horses will take my weight but still determined to get into the 10 stone range πŸ™‚

In terms of recipes – im not very imaginative when it comes to cooking. My boyfriend cooks most of the time. On Mondays (fast day) he cooks from a Rosemary Conley cook book which has meals for under 500 calories – most are really nice and some you wouldnt even think would be under 500 calories – so they are worth a look. On my other fast day (Thursday’s) I am over at my mums and shes not hugely fussed about cooking either so I usually have my version of a salad which includes chunky cuts of peppers (i adore them) lots of cherry tomatoes and chunks of cucumber along with a piece of chicken or fish – really simple but really nice!!

Up to you on whether you join the gym or not. If I had more time, then I would think about joining a gym but you are exercising your dogs and horse riding – try not to do too much too soon – extending your walk by 5 minutes or pushing your horse that little bit further will all help with upping your exercise levels. Do too much too soon and you risk not enjoying it and treating exercise like punishment πŸ™‚

Anyway, hopefully this posts – I did try to post a couple of weeks ago but it completely lost what I had written, which frustrated me so put the laptop away before I threw it across the floor.

Hope you have a good Friday and weekend!

cya soon Jilly x

Just thought, I havent set myself another short term goal – although I am a little bit doubtful I will meet it, it cant hurt having a goal to aim for, so please see below πŸ™‚

Goal weight by 8th April, 2016 – 11 stone 7
    Left to go – 4lbs / 4 weeks

cya soon x

I’m glad you came back πŸ™‚

I’ve lost a bit more but I have been very motivated by my upcoming holiday next month.
    Still doing my two fast days (at 800 rather than 500 still) but going to be eating more on the other days now.

Starting weight 12.2 (12/01/16)
    Current Weight 10.10
    Goal Weight 10.7 (09/04/16)
    Loss so far 1.6
    3lb to goal

Hi All,

So I haven’t posted for near on a month…think got a little disheartened with fasting. Easter and the bank holiday certainly got in the way as well so struggled afterwards to get back into fasting, but been back on it this week.

Had a bit of slip up last Friday 1st April, 2016 – the scales read 11 stone 13, which at the time was 3lb on the previous weeks reading – but I was eating chocolate for breakfast and lots of meals out, so guess it was to be expected.

This week readings are as follows:

Week 14
    Last recorded weight – 11 stone 13
    This weeks weight – 11 stone 9
    Loss since last recorded weight – 4lb
    Total lost so far – 10lbs
    Goal weight by 22nd April, 2016 – 11 stone 7
    Left to go – 2lbs / 2 weeks
    Left to go – 23 lbs / 13 weeks

Was well chuffed with a 4lb loss in one week, especially as I had shot up to 11 stone 13 last week due to the bank holiday weekend! Has certainly given me the push I need πŸ™‚

Have been beating myself up a little this week as I kept thinking that I need to get back exercising but just haven’t had the motivation to get myself up an hour earlier to do it….im going to leave exercising for a bit I think until I have motivation to get up in the morning to do it or when I have more time in the evening when I stop studying for summer πŸ™‚

Looking at the results, the likelihood of me reaching 10 stone by my holiday in july is slim (excuse the pun) but im going to leave it as my goal date to see what I get to – anything below 11 stone would be great πŸ™‚

hope you are all enjoying your Friday πŸ™‚

cya soon x jilly x

I get email notifications when someone posts on here so just seen your update.

10st by July is achievable….I’ve lost exactly 23lbs in 12 weeks. Start off the first few weeks aiming for a 2lb a week loss then ease up a bit and try for 1lb a week so you don’t feel like you’re on such a strict diet for a long time. Eat less to begin with on the days you’re not fasting. The trick to 5:2 is not to go overboard on those days and ruin the fasting days.

The date of your first post was 8th Jan and I was exactly the same starting weight as you then 12:2. I started dieting a couple of days after on the 12th and hit my goal of 10.7 this week so it can be done.

Believe in yourself Jilly, you CAN do it!

ps I have a new goal now to get to 9.10 by 9th July (my birthday) so I’m right there with you!

Hi Misha,

thank you for your post – it has inspired me this week! you’ve done brilliantly to lose 23lbs in 12 weeks!

I tried to be extra careful over last weekend with regards to eating – the weekend is my worst time. At work I have a routine and study to keep me busy during the week, so I’m never hugely fussed about food but come the weekend, I almost see it as my time off, so binge a little I guess so I’m interested to see that if my control over last weekend has had the desired effect this week i.e. losing 2lbs – if it does I will certainly be employing it over the coming weeks πŸ™‚

Yes I’ve picked up the same trick with 5:2 this time too – not going overboard on my non-fasting days – think that was my downfall when ive done 5:2 before – its not a case of eat what you want on your nonfast days, its about eating in moderation on those days too….anyone coming to this way of life and thinking that they can just reduce their calorie intake 2 days a week and then feast the rest of the time is hugely mistaken! One thing I have learnt tho is that I don’t want to feast on my nonfast days anymore – too much food these days causes me to have stomach ache….which really makes me question how much unnecessary food I was eating before!

just wanted to thank you for your post Misha as it was inspiring and hopefully my weigh in results tomorrow will reflect that!

good luck on your new goal – I’m pretty sure you’ll smash it the way you are going!

jilly x

Hi Jilly, I’ve just returned from my holiday and it’s lovely to see your post.

How have the last couple of weeks been for you?

I’ve come back with a 4lb gain so currently 10.11. I’m back on it now, I want to see 10 stone dead on the scales!

Hi Everyone,

I haven’t posted in months because I’ve been too busy. I’ve had to do lots of travelling in the last few weeks, well since March, and I have really struggled to stay with the fasting, so much so that a combination of travelling, socialising and holidaying has seen me reach my heaviest weight for two years! Still only 8lbs gained though, and I can shift that if I really want to.

I’ve had an amazing, happy time though and I kind of knew this would be the result. I never usually eat three course meals, but I seemed to be pretty good at it on holiday πŸ˜„πŸ˜‹

Anyway, I got on the scales this morning and was disappointed but not surprised, so tomorrow I will be back to the 5:2.

At the beginning of March people actually noticed that I’d lost weight and it felt great – and I felt great too, so I know how good it feels to lose weight and this will be my motivation over the coming weeks. I’m off travelling again in a month but I’m determined to stick to my goals this time.

How is everyone else coping? I notice that this thread has gone very quiet…

Viewing 41 posts - 1 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply.