20 lbs in 6 weeks – this works!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
20 lbs in 6 weeks – this works!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dykask 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hi all, I have been lurking for 6 weeks but am jumping in now.Weigh in today-lost 20lbs in 6 weeks. I’m doing one meal a day with 24 hr fast between, mostly a keto diet. I’m a 62 yr old female in Florida.no exercise yet, planning walking. Should slow down but great start

That’s amazing. I’m restarting on Monday, as we have company all weekend. I need to lose 25lbs to be in my high BMI range. I am going to try keto with the 5:2 plan. Can I ask what your average day looks like and your fasting day?
    Much appreciated

Diannery, congrats on the weight loss! You’re only eating 1 meal every day and fasting in between? What are you eating for that meal?

Hi Loretta and CalifDreamer, yes I have evolved to eat only one meal a day now. I have a diet coke in the morning (trying to give it up) and lots of water. Then I eat around noon for one hour. Usually a large salad with lots of Olive oil ad vinegar and 6 oz protein like grilled steak, chicken or fish. I also have some veg with butter. Keeping carbs under 50 a day. Really didn’t want to do strict me to but am evolving that way too. After lunch, no food till noon or 1 the next day. I’m really not hungry most of the time. Sounds crazy for me. I have about 50 more lbs to go. So that is where I am now.

Thank so Diannery for your response.
    im going to try doing the fast 5:2 but follow a keto way of eating for the 7 days. Hopefully, I can evolve into doing longer fast days. All the best! Keep us posted

Thanks, best of luck to you too, Loretta. I’ll post my progress and hope to hear how your 5:2/keto week works out for you.

@diannery – at first I was shocked by your weight loss, however you are doing something much more aggressive than 5:2. My only concern is that it probably isn’t something you can do for years. I know I could do 5:2 for the rest of my life if I needed too. I probably won’t but I’m sure fasting will be something that I’m going to do for many years now. You might want to consider switching to more of a normal 5:2 pattern when you get ready to maintain your weight loss, unless you are one of those rare birds that thrives on just one meal a day.

Personally I’m put off by ketogenic diets. Just too much meat and fat for me. I can handle it for a few meals, that is about it. I simply enjoy fruit and many vegetables that have too much carbs even with the fiber!

Hi Dykask, I started out doing 5:2 then went to 4:3 as i found it easier than 5:2. It seems the more processed carbs and sugars I eat, the more I want. Constant cravings. I do eat only one meal a day now, lots of good veg, only 6 oz of meat and some olive oil. Really mediterreqn as well as keto. My stomach shrunk and this works for me. Of course, when I get to weight I like, I will add another meal but the same foods. If i don’t stay off the processed carbs and sugars, I will regain the weight again. Of this I am sure.
    We all may try different approaches to this issue but we all have the same goals.
    My best to you on your journey..

I was stuck on my weight loss for a couple of years until I cut the foods that had sugar added to them. Fruit seems to be fine for me, but the processed foods really fatten me up too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.