15kg in 2 months ?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi everyone,
    I’m new here and have been struggling with losing any weight after given birth to my baby 2 years ago!!!
    I have tried loads of diets and stuff but I never go through with them and end up grief eating.
    I am attending a big family wedding on the 20th January and am determined to get close to what I was pre baby.
    I am 78kg at the moment and would like to be anywhere near about 62 – 64.
    Could someone please guide me through the NFD’s as eating 2030 cals a day seems to scare me – that’s a lot of food! Also is the alternate fasting any good, will I loose weight quicker?
    I am going to the gym too so hopefully this will help me along the way.
    But please if anyone out there would like to help me I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks 🙂

Hi,

The average weight loss for women on 5:2 is less than 0.5kg per week so 15kgs in 2 months is unrealistic and probably impossible. It takes a calorie deficit of over 7000 calories to lose 1 kg so some simple arithmetic will show why it takes so long to lose fat.
    The TDEE is a guideline and not a requirement as the only way to lose weight is create a calorie deficit. Try re-calculating using sedentary activity level and your goal weight and use that as a maximum.
    If you’ve never fasted before I suggest you do 5:2 for the first couple of weeks and once you’ve got the hang of it and your body has adjusted to it you can think about increasing the number of fast days.
    Exercise is great for fitness and toning but don’t rely on it to speed up weight loss.

Sorry if I’ve dashed your hopes but if you are serious about losing weight using 5:2 you need to be realistic about what you can achieve or you’ll be disappointed and comfort eating in no time at all.

Good luck, and it does work as many of those on this website will tell you.

Your weight loss is unrealistic. There is no magic involved. On the assumption that you eat about 2000 cal per day if you eat NOTHING for the week that’s a total deficit of 14000 calories. 9.3 calories in a gram of fat. So you will lose 14000 divide 9.3 = 1500 grams or 1.5kg.

So what doe that mean? Even if you didn’t eat for the two months your expected weight loss would only be 12 kg plus some associated water loss. Why not attempt to do 5:2 properly and lose weight in a healthy way. You will probably lose 4-6 kg and be well on your way.

thank you both. I knew it was a bit unrealistic but I think I was looking for something that was fast.
    I have started the 5:2 now. My Fast days are going to be Sunday and Wednesday !
    My NFD Calories are 1700 but I don’t have to eat all 1700 do I ?

Thanks !

No you don’t 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.