100 Pounds. Is it possible?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
100 Pounds. Is it possible?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MassPoodleWoman 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hey, I just learned about the Fast Diet. I’ve been attempting to lose weight since July, and lately my progress has slacked. I started at 330 and weighed 300 by November. Now, I weigh 313, and I want to go down to 213 and by the end of the year. Do you guys think it’s possible? Any similar stories or advice?

Hi Melodic and welcome:

While losing 100 pounds in 50 weeks is possible, I do not think it probable. Losing two pounds a week for a year is extremely hard, and I have not seen anyone do it with 5:2. Here is some information – numbers one and four in the post may explain: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

I am in the same boat. I don’t expect 100 lbs. in a year but hope this way of eating will help me get there eventually. I just started so maybe others that have done it have more incite.

Hi Mass and welcome:

I should point out that 5:2 has been around long enough that there are people that have reported losing 100 pounds or more by following it.

Just not in one year.

Good Luck!

I started Fast Diet in August 2013 weighing 240lbs.

Jan 2015–15 months later, down to 160lbs. Lost 80 lbs so far.
    Expect to average losing about 1-1.5 lbs a week. So, your goal of 100lbs in a year may take a little longer.

If you throw in an extra fast day some weeks, it may speed up the process. (Wanting to lose about 15 more pounds myself and will try that since weight loss seems to be going not as quickly as I would like. Want to reach goal weight by April.)

Use the online calculator on the site to calculate your TDEE which shows the number of calories you need to maintain your weight. On non fast days try to stay at or below that range. (For me, I need 1800 calories a day to maintain my current weight. So on non fast days I try to stay at or below that. Of course, once in a while there are a couple days I go over that and it does not hinder eight loss.) Here is the link to the calculator if you have not seen/used it already:

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/

Remember, as your weight decreases, recalculate your TDEE. For me when at 240 lbs my TDEE was 2240 calories. Now at 160 lbs it is 1800 calories.

Good Luck!

Mark

Mark – Thanks for the tips and congrats on the 80 Lbs. I expected 100 Lbs. would be 18 months or so, but it’s nice to see an 80 lbs. loss from someone on this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.