1 stone – 12 weeks

This topic contains 47 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Cath2907 9 years ago.

Viewing 48 posts - 1 through 48 (of 48 total)

• I am going on holiday on the 20th April – I just paid the balance. I want to weigh 1 stone less by then. I am 5ft 7inches and when I started the 5:2 diet last Monday I weighed 76kg (167.5lb). This is a sorry 4.5lb more than when I was 9 months pregnant with my now 4 year old daughter. I am a UK size 14 – 16 in clothes. I want back in my size 10 – 12s. I want my mojo back and to be happy with what I see in the mirror. I can and will do this.

I want to go on holiday on 20th April 1 stone lighter = 69.5kg (135.5lb).

My eventual aim is to make it down to 64kg by my birthday on 20th August. I then want to stay 64kg until my next birthday and the one after that and the one after that!

Yesterday was fast Day 4 and I weighed myself this morning and I am now 74kg – my 9 month pregnant weight! That is 4.5lb or 2kg so far. I am really proud of myself and I will not quit now.

You can do it Cath!

I’m 5’8″, weighed 168lbs on 5th January – this morning I weighed 156.6lb! That’s almost 1 stone lighter in just over 4 weeks!

FYI – You’ve got your weights a little squiffy! If you were 1 stone lighter than when you started at 167.5lb, you would actually be 153.5lb.

Hi Cath,

I’m 46, 5ft7, and started 5:2 last January at 72.4kg (159lbs). By April 15th I was 63kg (140ish). By the start of June I was 60kg (132lbs), and I’ve maintained beneath that since then.

So yes, I think a stone off by your holiday is achievable! Good luck!

Hi Cath,

I’m going on holiday in the 24th May and am aiming for a pound a week, so from today a loss of 15lbs. I’ve lost 4.5lbs since the beginning of January and am very focused on making this work.

Starting weight (today) 175
    Target weight (24th May) 160
    Height – too short for that weight!

So Cathy we can do this, just keep chipping away at that weight loss and add up all those little pounds until they become stones.

Hi Cath

Good luck with your weight loss, you are doing fantastic so far. I put 4 stone on with my first child, that was 3 years ago. I have since had another child and managed to loose two stones since then. Now I really want to finish this year as a size 12. I’m currently same as you a size 14-16. I’m in my first week and have lost 3lbs so far, so very happy. My husband is taking me away in march for my birthday for a spa weekend and leaving the kids with my mum, and I really want to be in the 11’s (stone). So I’ve got 9.5lb to loose and six weeks to do it. I hope I succeed. Best of luck to you x.

Hi all – thanks for the kind words.
    Was a tough weekend (daughter is ill) but I mostly stuck to my resolve.
    Today was my second weigh in and I am now 73kg (161lb I think!)
    So down 6.5lb in 2 weeks. I can really tell too. Today is fast day 4 and now I really have the motivation to make it through!

I to have a holiday on the 17th April and would like to loose 1 stone before then. I am just starting my sixth week the plan, I lost weight over the first 2 weeks then stayed the same for 2 weeks. Last week I decided that action was needed so did 4:3 fasting on Monday, Wednesday & Friday and lost 2lb, will be doing the same this week will keep you posted of how it goes.

Hi all – I’ve set myself a similar target. It’s my birthday at the end of March and I’d love to have lost a stone from my starting weight by then. I started on 12th Jan at 147.5lb, have so far lost 4lb. Those 4lb went in the first couple of weeks and i’ve maintained the past week (I only managed a 6:1 the past week due to illness!). My first goal is to get under the 10stone mark (140lb) by the end of Feb and then second goal is to hit 137lb by my birthday at the end of March.

I’m on 5:2 again this week, today is my first FD of the week.

Well done on your weight losses so far!!

Best of luck Babs – hope your FD went ok yesterday.

Hi, hope everyone is having a good week. I had a fast day yesterday and it went really well. I’ve just been out for lunch and had a delicious sandwich followed by an Oreo cake! Feel guilty now but man it was worth it! I skipped breakfast today, so basically my fast lasted from tea time on Sunday night to midday today with only 500 calories. I was wondering, has anyone else tried doing this? Fasting for a period longer than 24 hours? I can’t decide whether to have my next fast day tomorrow or Thursday. If I did do one tomorrow, then I could always fit another day in on Friday and make this week into a 4:3. Has anyone seen better results when they’ve done a 4:3 as opposed to a 5:2? Any thoughts/advice would be greatly received! Amy x

Thanks Cath, FD wasn’t too bad, although weirdly Monday was one of the more difficult FDs I’ve had since I started! I think I wasn’t feeling 100% in myself to begin with this week so fasting seemed to just make things that little bit more difficult. Still, I managed it and all my measurements were lower as a result! Another pound off, and another 1/2 inch off my waist and hips. It’s helped keep me feeling positive for today’s FD.

Amy, I tend to go a similar time for my fasting. Usually I’ll have dinner on Sunday, have my 500cals late afternoon & dinner time on Monday then have a late breakfast around 11am on a Tuesday. I’m never as hungry the day after a fast day.

Not tried 4:3 as yet, I’ve been tempted but I’ve found it a bit daunting if I’m honest! Will be interesting to see what other people’s experiences are of it.

Also forgot to say, don’t feel bad about that Oreo cake Amy…. I don’t think anyone could resist an oreo cake!!

This is FD6 – the second for this week and generally easier than Monday (fingers crossed). I have 3 days holiday Mon – Wednesday next week as a big treat for hubby and me so am tempted to do 4:3 this week and fast again on Friday to make up for not fasting next Monday…. Oh what to do?

This is VERY achievable!
    I have been going just over a month now, I have lost over a stone – and now average on 2lbs and sometimes 3lbs a week.

I am sure you will do great!!
    How is everyone doing?

I’ve lost a stone in less than a month! So pleased as that means I’m halfway to my target weight.

Losing this much weight took 2 years with my first baby! This time it will have taken 2 months.

Oh I love hearing all these success stories, really spurs me on! LittleWing, my problems have been all baby based too, was a svelte size 10 when I got pregnant for the first time! 4 years, 2 children and a few stones later… I’m still trying to get back there. I’m on a FD today, and it has gone pretty well. I’ve not eaten anything yet and got Paella for tea at 5:30 and a few strawberries for pudding. It will all come in at about 450 cals for the day, so happy with that. Going to weigh in tomorrow, and really hoping for a loss. I’ve just done 2 x seven minute workouts, it’s interesting doing it with the kids but they seem to love it and just climb on me the whole time, which makes the plank very hard!! I’m off to a wedding on Saturday, so it will be a heavy day, so who knows what the scales will say next week! Just fingers crossed I can stick to this and see some amazing results like some others! X

Oh and forgot to say Cath, if you can manage it, I would do. 4:3 to ensure you have a loss, you can really relax on your hols then. Hope you have a lovely time! Are you going anywhere nice or just staying at home? It’s half term next week and hubby is a teacher so I always appreciate having him around a bit more so I can have a lie in and he can help with the kids! X

I’ve just eaten my dinner on F2 this week. I don’t hold out much hope as I ate out 5 times this week. Staying the same will be an achievement.

I have had a fish finger sandwich for dinner. It was the best thing I’ve ever eaten. I was so hungry.

Well done everyone on a positive week, every fast helps. I hope the scales are kind to you all xx

Urgh well I’ve just weighed in and have only lost quarter of a pound! Which is very disappointing, but I often have a really good loss (like I did last week) and then have a few weeks of really rubbishy losses then I have a fantastic loss again, so just need to sit tight. And also pay more attention to what I’m eating on my non fast days.

Morty – got to love a fish finger sandwich, sounds like you enjoyed it!

Mrsb, just look at the trend of the weigh-ins, and know that it’s all sooooo good. It took a long time to put the weight on, and if you are like me you are on this regime for life. Don’t despair, a loss is a loss. Mmm, fish fingers? Sounds like processed “junk” wrapped in carbohydrates. No criticism implied, just thinking out loud.

Well FD6 went fine but weighed this morning and have lost exactly nothing! To ensure my holiday peace I am going for a third fast day today.

My holiday is a 2 night stay in a spa resort with hubby but without our 4 year old daughter. There will be a gym and exercise classes so am hoping for a bit of keep fit. However there is also a bar, restaurant and breakfast in bed!

Always good to hear of others success stories.

Hi Cath,

I’m the same size as you with the same goals! as well as that, I have a wedding to go to in the middle of April, and I really want to lose a stone for that, so I’m starting 5:2 now! First fast day tomorrow….! good luck with your goals 🙂 Emma

hi Cath
    I’m the same size as you. I’m on week 5 and so far lost about 12llbs which included a weekend away in the UK last week where I ate for England as we don’t live in the UK so we don’t have access to fast food so it was treat to have access to it. However either side of the weekend I did 4:3 and I still lost on the following weigh in which was amazing! So good luck and stick with it, it works :o)

Well I was 72kg before I went away and this morning (first day back) I am 74kg. Am fasting today and hoping that this gain is easy to undo. 🙁

You’ll lose that Cath! Keep at it!
    How was your trip? I know we are all really focused on the weight loss at the moment, but try not to beat yourself up too much – treasure the memories of the break away, that’s much more valuable to you than beating yourself up over a small amount of weight (which is all it is, you’ll easily shift that 🙂 ).

I stayed the same last week, second FD of the week today. Hopefully the scales will move in the right direction. I’ve got a bit bored of my usual FD dinner too, so I’m going to try out an old lentil dhal recipe I have which I have realised is really low in calories (and fat!), and hopefully the lentils will keep me nice and full for a long while this evening.

My trip was wonderful. An exciting train journey with my daughter half way across the country. Proper 1:1 time and she loved it. All followed up by leaving her with in-laws for a few days and having romantic time away with hubby. A proper break for us both and really needed. We ate, snoozed, had spa treatments and just generally enjoyed being a 2 rather than a 3 for once.

I wouldn’t change a thing and I agree – the extra couple of kilos won’t be hard to shift and I have some lovely memories to that should stick around for a long time!

I love lentils. I particularly like spicy or very strongly flavored fast day food as it makes me feel I’ve enjoyed and interesting meal.

Got back on track pretty quickly. 72.5kg this morning. Quietly pleased with myself!

Well done Cath!!! Brilliant you’re back on track, and sounds like your trip was lovely. 🙂

I had a bit of a wobbly week last week. I managed Monday fine but buckled by the end of Thursday. I technically speaking managed a 24 hour fast, but it didn’t feel like a fast because I didn’t resist until the following morning.

Just logged in today (FD again) to get a bit of motivation, although I’m doing well so far. I injured myself last week (which is fairly common for me due to a joint condition I have) and I honestly think I was comfort eating. Eurgh. Really annoyed with myself for it. I’ve been fairly indulgent this weekend too. So I’ve decided just to spend this week tracking all calories on My Fitness Pal on both fast and normal days just to get myself in the mindset of it again.

Hi Cath,

I bought x2 lovely pairs of trousers which are too tight and I’ve made a deal with my husband that if they don’t fit properly by the Easter holidays then I have to send them back! (Boden have a very long returns window.) I reckon I need to lose a stone to avoid the humiliating trip to the Post Office…

I’m 5ft 8 and currently weigh 11 stone 6 lb (160lb). I started the 5:2 in January and have lost 6lb on it so far, but I admit that I haven’t been religious about it. My husband is away for a few weeks now so I won’t be tempted to drink alcohol (he’s a shocker for suggesting a “mid week tipple”, and I am very bad at staying strong!) and can do pilates in the evening before early book & bed.

Let’s see if we can do it!

I need to get on the exercise now. I keep meaning to do evening walk / yoga / exercise video but I am LAZY! 🙁

A little disappointed this morning. 72kg so down 0.5kg – still a loss but seems small compared to the discipline I’ve had this week. I am blaming constipation and starting my fast day with a grumpy face!

Keep going Cath! Constipation is probably not helping as you say, and to have a loss when you feel a but like that is still a result.

I stayed the same last week, which was a bit of a shame, fingers crossed for a loss in the morning when I weigh in, although I’m approaching ‘that time of the month’ so I fear I might have to wait another week for a loss…. hmm, we shall see.

Another kg down this week. Now 71kg. My 70kg mini-goal is beckoning and I REALLY want this now!

Wahoo! So excited for you!
    I hopped on the scales this morning and was 11stone 0lb!!!! This means I have lost 6lb in 2 weeks which is a minor miracle – it helps that the husband is away so I have to do all the dog walking! Started off my fast day with a big smile on my face 🙂

Well done everyone, your success is inspiring. Unfortunately for me I went down with the worst cold and cough I have had in years, and it took 3 weeks to shake it. I am finally well, and back on my first fast since 12 Feb. The scales are not my friend, but they will be. My clothes are tight for the first time in about a year so I need to re-group and refocus. I still have time to meet my target of a stone by May 31st, its just going to have to be harder work than I first intended.

Every journey begins with a single step, and today that step is fasting, and planning my meals for the next few days to make sure I am eating healthily and in a way that means I will lose weight consistently. I like weight watchers filling and healthy plan alongside fasting. It really works and stops me over indulging on non-fast days.

Well done Beebu & Cathy on your loss, and Babs good luck with this weeks weigh in.

Yes – I find the Monday fast to be a sort of re-dedication to my end goal of losing weight, being fitter and looking great. I find the weekends a real challenge so like to start fresh every Monday with as much positivity as I can manage. Last week was my first week adding exercise to the plan. It didn’t all go as planned and I found it a LOT harder than I expected. However I started last Monday morning puffing my way through 15 sit-ups, 5 crunches and 5 leg raises. I’ve increased it steadily all week and this morning I did 35 suit-ups, 15 crunches and 15 leg-raises. I’ve also done a few cardio sessions in the week following little on-line videos and spent most of Sunday out in the fresh on the first proper day of spring weather.
    Today I have printed out some guidance to do “couch to 5k” and learn to jog. My 4 year old and I saw a running race come past the house on Sunday and she wants to do one in the summer with me. I cannot be out-paced by a 4 year old!
    Tomorrow lunchtime I am not watching TV – I am going jogging!

Cathy, I learnt to run using the couch to 5k app on my phone and it was the best thing I’ve ever done. I love running and recommend everyone to give it a go. C25K takes you very gently through the process of learning how to run and if you get the app it literally tells you what to do minute by minute.

Unfortunately I need a knee op, due to a knee injury years ago, so am not able to run at the moment. I really miss it.

I am supposed to be walking for 45 minutes a day, that was my target I set a few weeks back but have been so ill since then that I haven’t managed it. I am going to start tonight after work, before I get caught up with dinner and homework and so on.

Hi all

How’s the week been? I’m still stuck at the same weight, but I will persevere. I’ve had two good fast days this week, so was a little disheartened to stand on the scales this morning having not even lost 1/4 of a pound. I really hope the scales start moving again next week.

I also followed a couch to 5K programme a couple of years back. I absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, similar to you Morty, I’ve since had a few issues crop up which has meant I’ve not been able to run, and it’s likely I won’t be able to really ever again, but I fell in love with going out for a little run after the first few weeks. It wasn’t easy but the sense of achievement I got from it once I’d done it was huge – plus this time of year is beautiful for a run! It’s lovely to be out in the fresh air. Good luck with it Cath! if you can do fast days, you can definitely do a couch to 5k plan. I followed the NHS couch to 5k podcast – I had it playing on my MP3 player through headphones whilst i was running, and that was brilliant, the instructor tells you when to run and when to walk etc for the entire duration. Plus she gave really motivational messages along the way. I highly recommend it.

It’s great to hear about you all starting to exercise – my husband is a big fan of fitness, great for mental health as well as maintaining the “bottom line”.
    Unfortunately I recently had brain surgery and as a result suffered acute loss of vestibular function (balance, vision, coordination – basically a living nightmare which is gradually improving over time) meaning running is still virtually impossible – I would run to push a child out the way of a car but its like being shaken around in a sack so not something I can do as a hobby! I’ve been walking the dogs twice a day over hill and dale, which is great for my balance physio and also for my dress size! My husband has been away for 3 weeks and he had been used to taking the dogs out while I was really ill (the op was last November) but I appreciate being able to get up and out so much that I’m not going to stop! The dogs will be exhausted because my husband loves running with them, but they are springer spaniels so that’s their optimum state 🙂
    With the husband back, no doubt alcohol consumption will increase but only at weekends – love the more streamlined me too much to sabotage it for the sake of more than a G&T at childrens’ bedtime! I do need that G&T though, mummy’s little helper etc.
    I’ve lost 6lb while the husband’s been away which I am so pleased with – I’ve been trying to lose the baby weight for the last 3 years, can’t believe after all this time its turned out to be so easy for the sake of missing breakfast and lunch twice a week! Only got 7-14lb to go. Not sure yet how thin I want to be. So exciting!

I did 3 days of couch to 5k – will be doing day 4 today. I had some time off at the weekend as was away with friends but swapped the running for cycling so not too much couch time for me. I am down to my half-way goal of 70kg – whoop whoop. I now need to get on with the next 6kg and to keep working on improving my woeful fitness levels!

Cath – well done on the exercise! How’s this past week been?
    Beebu, Morty & everyone else, how are you doing?

I am here today with good news…. finally! I very nearly threw my FD away yesterday. I got to lunch time and ate. Usually I don’t eat til evening. Well anyway, it turns out my ‘binge’ of cucumber & low fat hummous plus hazelnuts and raisins at lunch time only added up to 250 calories, so I was still able to stick with the fast. i’m really pleased I did – I weighed in this morning and i’ve lost 3lb which means I am finally under the 10st bracket!! This is the point I was hoping to be at by the end of February, but I’m so pleased to be under it now! It’s my birthday on Thursday, which was my deadline for this challenge, and I was hoping to be 9st7, but I’m so happy to be in the ‘9 stone somethings’ now and determined never to see 10 stone on the scale again (unless I’m pregnant!!).

Well done babs!
    I found breaking the 11st barrier a real pleaser too.

I am still doing well with my strength and toning training. The cardio is very hit and miss. I am much more active than I was 8 weeks ago and am feeling much better for it. Today I have the start of a cold though – terrible strep throat, headache etc.. I did my fast day yesterday so today would have been a running day but I think I’ll take it easy instead 🙂

Hi!
    I’ve done ok on my fast days but the rest of the time have been quite bad – too much booze! Back on track this week and even dusted off my old FitBit and aiming for 12000 steps a day. I did a 40 minute walk without the dogs this morning because my husband had taken them to work – felt a bit lost out there in the fields by myself. The neighbours with dogs were all out on the school run… I’ll plan ahead to borrow-a-dog next time!
    I am DESPERATE to get under the 11 stone mark. I’ve jiggled between 11st0 and 11st2 for 2 weeks now. Aaaaaaaargh. This week I am going to smash it and get into the 10st bracket for the first time since the babies blessed me with their presence. Very exciting!
    🙂

Beebu – I know what you mean! I sadly don’t have a dog, and when I first started walking I felt almost silly because I didn’t have a purpose so to speak. Nowadays I quite enjoy a little walk by myself, I take pictures if I have a pause, or I’ll walk along our river’s tow path up to the next town and have a little wander around the High Street. I’m gradually pacing up my walking again now the weather’s picking up a bit. (She says, it is still flipping chilly out there!). I am sure you’ll get under 11st this week! Booze has been the killer for me. I don’t know about you, but I can see such a difference in the way my waistline looks when I’ve had a drink, I looked just that bit more round across the stomach even if I’ve had only a couple of glasses of wine. It seems to stay for a couple of days too. 🙁

Good idea to rest up Cath. Strep throats are horrid. I find taking zinc supplements can help scupper the start of a cold, I start popping them the moment I feel the tickle in the throat or the sinuses getting a bit heavy. It’s been pretty good at stopping them from really breaking out into anything. It might be pure placebo effect of course, but it works for me! 😉

Well tonsillitis is not nice.

68kg now and finally feeling better! 🙂 2 more weeks before my deadline and I was aiming for 70kg. Looks like I will make it!

hi Cath

please tell me what to eat on fast days , haven’t a clue with calories
    and not lost an inch yet after a month….help!
    Lesley x

I need to tell you what to eat on ALL your days! The fast days are a good boost to your weight loss but unfortunately if (like me) you were accustomed to eating far more than you should on a normal day all the fast days will do is slow down your weight gain not encourage weight loss.
    I have modified my eating habits and really cut down on my portion sizes for all my days (although I am much more relaxed about it on the weekends).

Fast day:
    No breakfast, 1 mug of cuppa soup for lunch, 1 dinner of stir fry veg with soy sauce and a grilled salmon fillet (or a grilled chicken breast + a small baked sweet potato and blanched spinach or a large salad with lumps of roast butternut squash and 30g of goats cheese). Evening snack = 1 cup of low cal hot chocolate.

Non fast day:
    Breakfast is a 20g portion of oatmeal made with skimmed milk and a little honey + a good sized bowl of berries or mango.
    Lunch is soup + 1 small slice of bread or a salad with avocado / goat cheese / feta cheese or maybe a baked sweet potato and some tuna.
    Dinner is a “normal” meal but I still try to make sure my plate is at least half vegetables.
    I snack on fruit, full fat yoghurt, veg sticks and hummus.
    I drink water and herbal tea but reward myself with the odd cup of coffee (I’ve cut right back but I still love my coffee so I do take a couple of cups a day with skim milk and 1 sugar).

HOWEVER I am now at the stage where I can bend and flex this to suit social occasions. I have finally learned to stop eating when I am full (that took me 8 weeks to get right!) Now I can (and this weekend did) have fish and chips, roast dinner, ice cream sundae, BBQ… The trick is to do a “fast day” morning so no brekkie and a very light lunch and then just eat until full with the bad stuff later. My full is now about a quarter of what I would once have packed away.

I’d love to say it has been easy or that the fast days magically mean you don’t need to diet on the other days but most of us who are overweight got there through extended over eating and to lose and keep it off you need to learn a new way to eat. That means learning healthy choices and for me a total brain re-train on portion size.

Try spark people website. It is a more general health and weight loss site but it is free and has a decent calorie tracker. It is also very encouraging.

Best of luck!

67kg for this weeks weigh in. 1 week now before my holiday and am hoping for 66kg by then.
    Today I am off for a hair cut – a treat to myself for doing so well. I also need new clothes. My bum has vanished so all my trousers and pants are falling off. I am going to buy jeggings. Not a fashion option I’d have gone for 9kg ago but I think I can pull them off now.

3kg to go until my goal weight – this is the weight I was when I got married 10 years ago and is not a weight I’ve seen since!

Viewing 48 posts - 1 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply.