๐Ÿ November 2023 Challenge ๐Ÿ

This topic contains 224 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  AT 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 225 total)

• Day 27 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 224 lbs. Can’t do my normal Monday FD500 today due to a lunch meeting, but what I do have to do is be more mindful on NFDs like today. Fortunately, today’s lunch is at a farm to table restaurant, so it won’t be a lot of processed junk ๐Ÿ™‚

I will get back to the 210s, and eventually the 200s. Just going to take a little longer than anticipated…

Day 27 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

I woke up around 4am on Sunday morning and went to the bathroom since I was awake–and I also sneezed about two dozen times. That’s unheard of for me, and I was not happy with my body’s behavior! When I woke up for the day a bit before 7, I sneezed another two dozen times and blew my nose just as many times. I was miserable during church, going through a dozen tissues or more, and then had to work with the kids as they began learning their parts for their Christmas Eve service; by the time that was done, I was wiped out and was thankful to walk home (it’s a block). I found a medicine in our cupboard that promised to help with a runny nose and sneezing, so took it into the kitchen where the boys were already at work and had one of them read the label for me so I didn’t have to hunt up my readers. He made a joke about not being able to have alcohol, and I snorted, took the medicine and within twenty minutes felt FAR better; whew!

So we cooked and cooked and had our appetizers (one of which we all loved, the other of which, based on a small wheel of camembert, I was the only one who loved) and got the turkey into the oven, and went and played pinochle. Dinner was finally served at 5pm, and the GF options were not the rousing success I’d hoped for, but they were fine, at least…and I fell asleep at the dining room table. Literally.

Turns out my son wasn’t joking about not being able to have alcohol with that medicine. AND I’d taken a second dose too soon, not realizing my mistake. So, we’ll always remember this Thanksgiving dinner as the year Mom fell asleep over dinner, LOL! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ However, I slept last night for ten full hours–closer to eleven, actually–and feel far better than I did yesterday, so perhaps this cold is going to stay away.

@northgeorgia I heard a small bit of determination in your voice today, and that’s a good sign. Hang on and you’ll eventually begin to make progress again!!! And, here’s a thought for you: we’ve often said that hosting helps increase the motivation and weight loss is more consistent during months someone hosts. Are you willing to host for December?

I got all the fall stuff put away, and the Christmas stuff is all out, except for the Christmas dishes and the two trees, so I’m feeling quite virtuous about everything. This Saturday is the church’s annual Cookie and Candy Boutique, so this is the week I bake like a crazy woman. We’re only asked to bring 6dozen cookies, but I’ve baked as many as 70-80 dozen in some years, so you can imagine how much flour, butter and sugar I’m going through in one week. I have it down to a science where I mix up a double batch of the cookie dough, scoop it out with a scoop, squeeze it out close to the next ball of dough, and when the cookie sheet is full, I freeze them, then drop them into a freezer bag. Then when I bake on Friday, it’s a simple matter of thawing them and putting them onto cookie sheets. (I’m working hard to encourage myself, as I’m not entirely delighted to be baking this week, LOL!)

Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket List
    @merry๐ŸŽ

Day 27 – Ireland – FD ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™‚๏ธโœ… ๐ŸŒพ

Hello all, Iโ€™m just checking in but no time to post. Will keep the focus and write a little more later. A very busy weekend and thanks so much for the thoughts ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•
    I hope everyone is ok. Still very quiet here..

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Pocket List โ€“ Day 27
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @jaifaim

Day 28 NFD NZ 80.5kg

Iโ€™ve started filling in our monthly sheet because itโ€™s amazing how much my weight bounces around. In the old days I would be ecstatic with a drop and lose enthusiasm with a rise. Itโ€™s helpful to see daily variations and not throw the baby out with the bath water (such a great quote!) I can keep tabs on the ebb and flow of weight variation without any loss of mojo. Does that make sense to anyone else?
    Iโ€™ve got out an old soft red nylon backpack Iโ€™ve had since I was a teenager and put Mr Mac in it on the walk home after dropping the Mini off. Much to my surprise he tolerated it really well although I did carry him on my front so I can catch him if he tries to wiggle out. Carrying 10kg of dog on one side for any distance was doing in my back muscles. Iโ€™m going to swap the arms over so they cross at the back and donโ€™t slide off.
    @stitchincarol Hope your cold hasnโ€™t come to muchโ€ฆ what an amazing sleep! Gluten free flour can be a poor substitute for the real thingโ€ฆ I would cook the turkey with your usual stuffing and also make gluten free stuffing with a GF sausage and bread to cook in a separate tinโ€ฆ You can pour turkey juices over it later! That way everyoneโ€™s happy! Or use a GF crushed biscuit base (like for a cheese cake) instead of pastry for the cherry pie and fill it with your usual recipe. Just a thought!
    @funshipfreddie Iโ€™m off to collect my car this morning. I had a hose replaced. Need the back brakes done in 3 months. Otherwise itโ€™s a clean bill of health! Hope itโ€™s the same for your Kaha!

3 days to go! Steely Resolve !!!

Day 28 โ€“ South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@merryapple – I had the Kia back by 2 pm. It was just a minor service. I was irritated when they phoned me to say the wipers needed replacing though. I’ve only done 5000 km since last year’s major service (same service centre), & I could count on one hand how many times I’ve driven in the rain. If they think the blades need replacing at every service they should include it in the quote. I don’t weigh myself every day, just after a FD. I don’t want to see those daily variations! Maybe I should though.. ๐Ÿค”

@stitchincarol – good to hear you’re okay & feeling better. That’s a LOT of cookies?! The aroma must drive you crazy, no way I could do that on a FD?! ๐Ÿช

@daffodil2010 – hope you’re okay..?

Got to rush off early again to drop off laundry & then rush back for yet another Body Corporate meeting ๐Ÿ’ค

“Being motivated is a fabulous tool when it comes to being able to push yourself, but motivation is fleeting. If youโ€™re always waiting around for it to show up, youโ€™ll likely never reach your end goal. Discipline is about sacrificing what you want now, for what you want so much more later.” ~ Maddie Rose

Day 28 – Ireland – FD ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™‚๏ธโœ… ๐ŸŒพ

Hi all, I didnโ€™t get a chance to check in again yesterday but back on track after a busy weekend of family commitments and time spent with friends. All good and just what was needed after a sad day on Thursday.
    I think I can safely say that everyone here was in shock on Friday and embarrassed that Ireland was figuring in international news for all the wrong reasonsโ€ฆ
    The events were not protests but out and out thuggery and looting by a minority of mostly young people of many ethnicities who like to rob, steal and instil fear in others because they have nothing better to do with their timeโ€ฆitโ€™s worrying how quickly the call out can go to these people on social media following a shocking random incident and how little our police force can do in the face of such violence. Hopefully this will change now. ๐Ÿ™ I work with fabulous young people from all over the world and itโ€™s sad to know that didnโ€™t feel safe and honestly still donโ€™t..

I had a lovely weekend with lots of fun times with friends and special time with mum ๐Ÿ’•

@stitchincarol well done for trying out baking with GF flourโ€ฆ itโ€™s not great ๐Ÿ˜Œ – and most GF baked goods are super dense and sweet. It means Iโ€™m cutting back big time on pastries etc. Iโ€™ll have to get my head around Christmas: stuffing, etc Iโ€™ll be at mums and my sister is cooking but Iโ€™ll have to have GF replacements.

@merryapple – how cute to think of Mr Mac in his backpack.๐Ÿถ๐Ÿถ well done to you carrying him – thatโ€™s a workout.

Enjoy the meeting @funshipfreddie hopefully not too long drawn out..

On a FD again.. yesterdays was ok until I met my pal for one little bulmers ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿป. It was just one butโ€ฆ I go againโ€ฆ๐Ÿ‘

Pocket List โ€“ Day 28 โญ๏ธ
    @jaifaim

Day 28 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 228 lbs. My goodness, I’ve seen that number way too many times in the past few days! I didn’t overeat yesterday, but I did have more carbs than usual, and it seemed to have worked its bloat magic. Doing a ZBC this morning, having my lunch meeting, and then it’s a long day — probably won’t be home until 7:30 or even 8:00 tonight, so I won’t plan on a big meal. I’m planning on a FD tomorrow.

Sure, I can host December if need be! Unfortunately, December 1 is my work’s Christmas outing, and the only place we could find to host us all was the all-you-can-eat buffet! ‘Tis the season!

Day 28 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

DH and I went to visit his mom yesterday, and on impulse stopped at a Mexican restaurant afterward instead of coming home to yet MORE turkey leftovers. We’re still enjoying them, but they are becoming monotonous. But Mexican sure has inspired lots of bloating for me, so today’s WF is much needed!

@funshipfreddie I mixed up and scooped one double-batch of cookies yesterday, and they’re in the freezer. I’ll do two more tomorrow, then thaw and bake them all on Friday. So, yes, the aroma is killer, but I set myself limits and generally succeed. It’s when I’m mixing them up that I struggle not to eat a bunch of cookie dough!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

@jaifaim Special time with your mum and family and friends is so lovely. As to the GF Thanksgiving foods, some of the less-than-stellar results were down to mistakes I made (for example, I toasted the breadcubes for the stuffing far too long), but the bread I made from the website I was using was STELLAR…my son’s expression as he ate a slice he’d toasted and buttered and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar? Priceless. Here’s that website and you can hunt around for other recipes. https://www.mamagourmand.com/best-gluten-free-bread-recipe/ So far, I think her stuff is as good as it can possibly be.

@merryapple I weigh every day, so have seen the up and down of the scale so often that it no longer troubles me. For example, weigh yourself. Go drink a FULL glass of water. Go weigh yourself. You’ll have “gained weight.” I learned that when I was still a teenager, and already working to be thin.

@northgeorgia Thanks for agreeing to host December!! As to an all-you-can-eat buffet? You’ll have to do some serious mental arguing before you go, to ensure that you make good choices, and don’t get sucked up by the way food is displayed to tempt you into eating more than you usually would–and more than you actually want. Those are tough places to withstand, and it’s tempting to think “I have to eat more so I get my money’s worth.” Pizza Ranch is a place around here that is a struggle for me, because their pizza is really good and they also have fried chicken that is stellar. So, we just never go any more (largely because my MIL no longer goes out to eat, and that was her choice of restaurant)!

It’s astounding to me how many of our regulars have dropped away, including our host for November. I miss their chatter! @daffodil2010 You’re one who popped into my mind today…how’s working from home going?

Okay, I’m off. One of my adult students needs to buy a different piano, so instead of a lesson today, I’m meeting her at the house that has a piano she’s considering, where I’ll play it and give my thoughts as to whether it’s worth buying. Fun stuff!

Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket List โ€“ Day 28 โญ๏ธ
    @jaifaim
    @stitchincarol WFD

Day 28, London, UK, FD.

Late on parade AND I’ve been MIA for a few days!!! Time definitely flies by, the older I getโ˜น.

Anyway, today’s FD is going well, Prawn & cauliflower fried rice with garden peas, high protein, low carb. I’m keeping it as my new FD favourite, I’ll just swap the type of protein.

I hope everyone is doing well, no time to catch-up. Work has exploded in the run up to Xmas, if I wasn’t getting paid๐Ÿค”………….. or if I won the lottery!!!๐Ÿค‘๐Ÿค‘๐Ÿค‘

Must dash, Stay strong everyone!!!

You can find inspiration from others, but determination is solely your responsibility.

Great to have company.. was feeling lonely ๐Ÿ˜„
    Thanks for offering to host December @northgeorgia. We will all help out in that busy month โญ๏ธ๐ŸŽ„โญ๏ธ

Pocket List – Day 28 โญ๏ธ
    @jaifaim
    @stitchincarol WFD
    @flourbaby

Day 29 NFD NZ 80.0kg

Morning all! Itโ€™s a keep reigned in day in preparation for tomorrowโ€™s weigh day so for breakfast I had porridge with cream and sourdough with ricotta and apricot jam. I can hear @funshipfreddieโ€™s voice in my ear!! Itโ€™s all about quality not quantity!!
    @stitchincarol Every year I tell myself I am going to make lovely big red and green sox to hang up on the mantelpieceโ€ฆ Have I done it yet – no! Iโ€™ll get my decorations out on Dec 1, I think.
    Thanks for hosting December @northgeorgia. Itโ€™ll be busy but weโ€™ll all chip in๐Ÿ˜„

I have a busy few days coming up so will get going.

Steely Resolve for the next 24 hrs!!!

Day 29 โ€“ South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

Last FD for November. Gotta run…

Happy Hump Day! ๐Ÿซ

Pocket List – Day 29 ๐Ÿฅš
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 29 – Ireland – CD๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™‚๏ธโœ… ๐ŸŒพ

Hi all, another one of us with a quick post today.. up and out super early to a work event and then accupuncture later this evening. ๐Ÿ˜„

Oh wow @merryapple that breakfast ๐Ÿณ ๐Ÿ˜‹

Be well everyone!

Day 29-No. VA USA-FD

Well, fasting again today. Weight is stagnant. @northgeorgia, I believe you are right when you refer to the water-holding capacity of carbohydrates! Thank you for hosting for December.
    @jaifaim, I made a lemon cake with almond flour and olive oil, (I think) for a birthday cake for a person with celiac disease. It was delicious, though not very Christmassy, I guess…otherwise, I have not done much gluten free baking. Coconut macaroons, I suppose, are gluten free. @stichincarol, I salute your energy! And welcome back, @flourbaby!

Day 29 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 228 lbs. Today, I begin fighting the 230 dragon and plan to flee from its wicked territory on its border.

I’ll try to get things ready tomorrow in prep for December ๐Ÿ™‚

Pocket List โ€“ Day 29 ๐Ÿฅš
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia
    @jaifaim
    @excelsior12309

Day 29, London, UK, NFD

Well yesterdays FD meal was resounding success, as a founding member of the ZBC I split my prawn, pea & shallot fried cauliflower rice (492cals!) between 2pm lunch and 7pm dinner. It worked a treat, no hunger, no urge to snack or throw in the towel in desperate need of FOOD!!!

Iโ€™m glad todayโ€™s a NFD, especially after reading your breakfast menu @merryapple!!! I may be ZBC, but Mmmm, Mmm, Mmm โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆcreamy porridge!!!๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคค

@northgeorgia, hang in there!!! You CAN do this dragon slaying!!! The hosting will help๐Ÿฒโš”

@excelsior12309, unfortunately, stagnant might be my word of the month!!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Onwards & downwards!!!

I may not be there yet, but Iโ€™m closer than I was yesterday!!!

Day 29 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

Second day in a row I’ve walked with Leslie–only fifteen minutes, but I did it. Part of the motivation is that I’m treating my body deplorably with far too much sitting and working on my laptop, and part of the motivation is that if I’m to have a chance to lose weight I have to MOVE and have to burn more calories. It’s not many calories, but a few more is better than a few less, right?

Anyone care to join me, and walk for 15 minutes–however you choose to walk, but I’m going to do Leslie or one of her cohorts–every morning, Monday through Friday? December is an excellent month to add some extra calorie burning activity since we’ll all be confronted with extra calorie consuming activity.

I almost caved yesterday, because I was HUNGRY in a way I don’t always experience on a WFD. But I remembered you saying one time, @flourbaby, that when you feel your stomach growling, that’s when you know you’re burning weight (or something to that effect). Don’t know if it’s actually true, but the possibility of it was enough to keep me committed. This morning? Not hungry. That’s the best part of going to bed hungry is that I don’t wake up that way! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

@flourbaby Good to hear from you! Being busy is always a good thing when we’re fasting, huh? We’ll look forward to chatter when you have a spare moment. โค๏ธ

@songbirdme Speaking of spare moments, I’ve been thinking of you and wondering if your house truly will be done in time for you to be moved in by Christmas. I pray all is going wonderfully for you!

@merryapple Having grown up in California–northern California, but still, not the midwest with midwest temperatures and weather–I can well understand not itching to put up decorations mid-November. You dream of red and green knit stockings sounds lovely…perhaps this year?

@funshipfreddie How busy you are is perhaps one “secret” to maintenance!

@jaifaim How often do you have acupuncture, and what sent you to the process?

@excelsior12309 Nah, my energy is short-lived, and then I return to the sofa. Must get better about that…

@northgeorgia Every FD is one step closer to reclaiming the teens; you can DO it!

@flourbaby Your two quotes are resonating deeply with me:
    I may not be there yet, but Iโ€™m closer than I was yesterday!!!
    You can find inspiration from others, but determination is solely your responsibility.

When I weighed myself this morning, it was a gasp-worthy weight: 160.0 I started into the shame and self-recriminations–and then firmly put a stop to that. “Yes, it is indeed my own fault that I weigh that, but it’s not the fault of yesterday that I weigh that, and it’s not the fault of right now. Instead it’s the result of behavior over the last few weeks, and you’re changing that behavior, so let’s be kind to myself, eh?” So, yes, I may not be there yet, but I’m closer than I was yesterday.

Second quote: I suddenly realized that’s what I was saying when I was gone for those few days: Every day, I’d come on and post and say all sorts of grand things…and having no determination except what I pretended to possess, I’d rely on the inspiration from all of you to succeed…and it wasn’t working. I’m not fully there even now, but (first quote!) I’m finding my own determination again. I wish I’d found it five pounds ago, ten pounds ago–or even not gained back any of this weight!–but I’m closer than I was, and I’m still here.

So, those are my musings for today. However we finish November, let’s all be STRONG for December, shall we?

RESOLVE.

FD Day 30 FD NZ 80.7kg

-1.7kg for Novemberโ€ฆ Iโ€™m on a FD today. Iโ€™m not quite sure how I managed a good finale after being in the doldrums in the middle of the month except to use one word – consistency. I followed my daily timetable of eating earlier in the evening at 6pm with salads and vegetables and protein (rump steak, asparagus and cauliflower last night), no supper and having carbs mostly at breakfast and lunch for energy in the daytime. I havenโ€™t done any particular exercise except carrying Mr Mac around, gardening and general moving around. I needed to get my weight down before I began targeted exercises like a gymn which will be on my New Yearโ€™s resolutions list!

Go well!

Pocket List
    Merry๐ŸŽ

Day 30 – Ireland – CD๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™‚๏ธโœ… ๐ŸŒพ
    155.2 lbs

Hi all, I hope everyone is well in our little November group and hi to all those lurking. Hopefully we see you all in December and thank you @northgeorgia for taking over from @at – thank you @at for hosting this month and I really hope all is ok.. ๐Ÿ’•

@merryapple bravo to you on a great final check in โญ๏ธ

@stitchincarol come onโ€ฆ go easy on youโ€ฆ you are here.. you are in the middle of two big holidays and you can do this – itโ€™s the bigger picture and we have time โญ๏ธ.
    I started accupuncture a few years ago to help with the headaches and general issues from autoimmune conditions.. it helps even to just balance me out once a month.. and I sleep so well during and after ๐Ÿ˜„

@excelsior12309 thatโ€™s so great to hear! Iโ€™m going to attempt a very interesting healthy Christmas cake recipe before Christmas so I will let you know how it goes and post it if it worksโ€ฆ I am GF since the start of this year but donโ€™t bake a lot anymoreโ€ฆsupermarket GF foods are generally full of sugar so I need to bake my own nowโ€ฆ sugar doesnโ€™t like me either ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ results in creaky bones.
    Thanks for the recipe link @stitchincarol Iโ€™ll take a look and I will be inspired.

@flourbaby well done on the successful FD and stagnant is better than rising and youโ€™ll see a drop soon Iโ€™m sure if it.

@funshipfreddie – hope you had a good hump day ๐Ÿช ! You were busy so hope it was a good one.

So for me – finishing out this month happy enoughโ€ฆWeight crept crazily after last weekend to 159 but I didnโ€™t publish that ๐Ÿ˜‚. I was hoping it was to be short lived and focus this week means Iโ€™m now just above target for maintenance rangeโ€ฆ again โญ•๏ธ

Itโ€™s never easy but we can do this โญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธ

Day 30 โ€“ South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD 70.8 kg

A whopping 0.1 kg below November’s starting weight. How’s that for maintenance? ๐Ÿ˜… It’s been a roller-coaster month, for a few of us I think. Would’ve been good to accumulate a bit of wiggle room before the silly season starts, but we’ve still got the best part of a month to work on that.

@stitchincarol – I don’t think I ever experience my stomach growling. I wonder if that’s unusual? But I remember an author stating – “real hunger is experienced in the mouth”. Can’t remember who it was, maybe Jason Fung or Michael Mosley? I’d never thought about it until I read it, but that’s certainly true for me. It’s hard to describe the sensation. As for me being busy, I certainly can’t claim to be that 95% of the time. I’m never at a loss for something to do, but I’m naturally lazy. This week’s been a bit different, but usually I could spend the whole day on the sofa, so I have to push myself to move. And I only use the car when it’s absolutely necessary. I think my success with fasting is mostly down to tenacity. I’m tenacious when it comes to my fast days. I may switch the days around, but whatever happens the rest of the week, I WILL stick to my 2 FDs. I don’t think one week’s gone by this year without me sticking to two FDs, sometimes three. And I never bake cookies, even on NFDs ๐Ÿ˜œ

@jaifaim – just above maintenance is a good place to be! Hump day was okay, but I didn’t enjoy having to go to the mall on a FD, because that’s one of my favourite places to have lunch. I’ll try to avoid Wednesday FD’s in future.

@merryapple & @metatauta – both almost 4 lb down! And still a day to go ๐ŸŽฏ ๐Ÿ… & well done to everyone else for maintaining or/& clinging on to the wagon

@northgeorgia – thanks for offering to host December ๐Ÿ™ & thank you to @at for hosting November ๐Ÿ’

Hoping to see everyone in December ๐ŸŽ„

“Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity.” ~ Louis Pasteur

Day 30 – USA/GA – OMAD/FD

Weigh-in: 225 lbs. A two-pound average gain over last month. Ho-hum. OK, I forgot it’s already December on the other side of our planet, so let me close this up and get it going….

Day 30, London, UK, NFD

Well, I’m closing out this month with a NFD rather than my planned FD. I forgot the office Xmas drinks are this evening! My tuna & cauli-rice will wait until Saturday, I’m following you @funshipfreddie and vowing not to miss my 2 FDs/week. I’ll just shift it to Saturday and pat myself on the back!!!

STAGNANT………… not a great word, not a great feeling, but a heck of a lot better than Gained, Up, Increased, Added or……………… EXPANDED!!๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

@northgeorgia, Thank you, I’m looking forward to you hosting December!! We’re going to NAIL this!!! I’m going with daily reminders that IT’S ONLY ONE DAY!!!!

Congratulations to those who’ve discarded some timber and also to those of us who have been marching in place, it’s all about perspective!!! November may have been a small group of us, but ……………………

โ€œNever doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.โ€ โ€“ Margaret Mead

Day 30 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

Lovely day yesterday, and food was even within reason, although it felt quite excessive. I’m actually completely distracted by things this morning, particularly the piece choir is unexpectedly singing on Sunday that I can either play well or direct from the piano well, but not both well, so I need to play it through several dozen times between now and Sunday.

@merryapple Well done for November!

@jaifaim Thanks for the pep talk. โค๏ธ Isn’t it fascinating that all those centuries (more?) ago, the Chinese figured out that poking the body could “fix” things? It’s truly miraculous what people were able to accomplish without benefit of our modern research tools, and I’m so glad you have something that helps you so much.

@funshipfreddie You never bake cookies, eh? Well, aren’t you the one whose manual for your oven is IN your oven?? Seems to me I remember you saying that… However, on the topic of cookies, DH and I suddenly realized yesterday was as nice as it was going to be for a few days (it was 56/13), so we put up the outside lights, and that took the time I was going to mix, scoop and freeze cookie dough. I think I’ll simply bake far fewer cookies this year and throw in some cash to compensate; that’ll free up time for my to-do list and will be far better for my waist line!

@northgeorgia Thanks again for hosting December; I’ll go post there next.

@flourbaby Your posts always leave me smiling; thanks for sharing your good cheer!

Okay, drum roll……………………………I weighed 161.2 this morning. Ugh. So I’m definitely up several pounds for the month. Oh well, I haven’t given up and that’s the important thing.

And now I’m off! Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket List
    Merry๐ŸŽ
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol WFD

Day 30 USA/HAWAiI FD800
    Ending the month at 164 lbs so at least I did not gain.
    Thanks to @notthgeorgia for hosting December. Please count me in.

I could not stay focused in November. After weeks on feeling overwhelmed with sadness, I flew to Honolulu to stay with my son. Being with him and his girlfriend and a change of scenery was helpful.

Now back at home but not alone. A long time friend is visiting and recovering from a successful cancer surgery. She is here to rest and build her strength back up. We like to eating the same healthy foods so we share the cooking. Sheโ€™s a walker and insists I will get out for at least one walk with her every day.

Thanks to all for still being here. I am committing to logging in every day in December. I am inspired by your posts. @funshipfreddie I love your dedication to the 2 FD a week no matter what. I know that it works and really is the only thing that will get me back on the journey to a healthy weight. I want to feel alive with energy again. This extra weight makes me feel tired and so sleepy.

Apologies to all for being a very absent host for this month – just cannot get back into my 5:2 head space but I am hanging on in there – great testament to the stalwart few who kept the group going this past month ๐Ÿค—

Thanks to @northgeorgia for taking up the baton for December ๐Ÿค—

Despite a poor month of fasting and too much good food and wine I seem to have ended up 0.4kg lower than I started……..there was a lot of exercise going on and some lovely hikes which all helped

I think I really must make the effort to going back to daily posting which I know will in turn increase my motivation and mental fasting strength

See you all in the Happy Xmas December 2023 Challenge!

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 225 total)

You must be logged in to reply.