THE VIDEOS BY DR MICHAEL ON FASTING & EXERCISE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Site stuff Announcements
THE VIDEOS BY DR MICHAEL ON FASTING & EXERCISE

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  karatepenny 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• everyone keep bumping this by replying
    this is 4 our newcomers
    so that it stays on the page of last 50 comments
    thanks

THE TRUTH ABOUT EXERCISE By dr mosley

http://vimeo.com/51836895

EAT FAST AND LIVE LONGER

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/110651/BBC_Horizon_2012_Eat_Fast_and_Live_Longer/

Thank you, wiltldnrUSA. I believe these two BBC ‘Horizon’ TV programmes are fascinating, concise statements, particularly of the science and potential benefits of intermittent fasting (IF), and maybe also of bursts of high intensity exercise/training. They could bring revolutionary, long term health benefits, sorely needed throughout the overfed parts of the world. It is highly desirable for people interested in IF to have access to the original BBC TV broadcast. It’s a pity if tactical manoeuvres by forum contributors are required to keep the online links to these TV programmes readily accessible here.

I live in the UK. I am happy to pay an annual licence fee for my TV, to allow the BBC to broadcast without advertising or sponsorship. I missed the Eat, Fast and Live Longer programme when it was on during the summer holidays and Olympics in 2012. When I heard about the programme, months later, it was frustrating to have trouble finding it online. It had a public service remit, and was from a public service broadcaster that I help pay for, but was not fully available to me and to others, hidden because of red tape. I was delighted to find it eventually, on Vimeo.

Open availability remains a problem of contractual/legal/national boundaries. This site and Michael and MImi’s books are not part of the BBC. Whatever the contractual boundaries, etc, I am very grateful that Michael and the BBC have done so much to bring to a wider audience the work of the many (mainly US) scientists, making fascinating discoveries on the health effects of intermittent fasting etc.

The successful dissemination of good science is as vital as it is fickle, in a world that is shifting so fast, and has so many potential hazards because we are altering our environment at an exponentially increasing speed.

Tomorrow

thanks 4 bumping this post 4 our newcomers

so that they can watch these 2 vids

i was frustrated 2 when a usa’er

could not watch a bbc program

did not know that a uk could not either

it is 2 their advantage 2 keep it online

i wonder if people think we r talking about the vids only

mayb i should have said watch the videos in the title

brain is going a mile a minute it is fastday still
    late @ night

everyone please keep bumping by replying

& even mayb copy pasting the video links

THE TRUTH ABOUT EXERCISE By dr mosley

http://vimeo.com/51836895

EAT FAST AND LIVE LONGER

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/110651/BBC_Horizon_2012_Eat_Fast_and_Live_Longer/

In UK we tend to have access online to BBC programmes for a week after they are broadcast. Two of my children live in Toronto, and can access BBC radio online there, but not TV.

I felt that for UK residents the BBC could have made an exception for Eat, Fast, Live Longer, to leave it available on their iplayer service, because of its health impact. They could still do so. It’s good to have the vimeo link to the programme. I don’t know its legal status.

Good luck with your fasting.

u2

Both videos are extremely interesting and are definitely encouraging me to commence both HIT and 5:2 tomorrow!!

Hi
    Am reposting so that New Year Starters can easily find the links to these docs.

All the Best for 2015!

I live in the US and these videos really got me interested. My husband who is a diabetic wanted to try it and had great success with it. I have only just begun. After my first week I’m down 10 LBS. My starting weight was 316lbs.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.